Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Why do they make it so hard? Alpha India Group

atco

Thank you for explaining. I  thought Verification was automatic.

But the Question of ICAO code for airport was odd.. Every time, a new page with a new set of ICA code. I had to google it up.. In addition to CAPTCHA.  is all.

The thing is. Not the demand from a freeware vendor. I have been here for a while. Its the anxiety when other are ahead. 🙂

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

AIG has been around forever with previous sim's. It's always been the same interface from day 1. It's simple and easy to understand.. Nothing wrong with it. Problem is the end user. Maybe head to AIG forums and read some threads and one might get the hang of it.. Or not!

• Like 5

tpewpb-6.png

Just now, Manny said:

atco

Thank you for explaining. I  thought Verification was automatic.

But the Question of ICAO code for airport was odd... In addition to CAPTCHA.  is all.

The thing is. Not the demand from a freeware vendor. I have been here for a while. Its the anxious when other are ahead. 🙂

I don't know Manny, I have no idea how the verification works, I just paint planes! It might be automatic and the system is just overwhelmed. Also because of the explosion in demand it may be our hoster is limiting our ability to send emails. Just purely guessing, one of the admin team would know better.
Wasn't aiming anything at you directly, just some thoughts on observing a number of comments and threads in the last 24 hours.

We are cool! Not a problem! 🙂

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

14 minutes ago, atco said:

just some thoughts on observing a number of comments and threads in the last 24 hours.

You guys do your thing, I know you have your hands full. We will help out here on AVSIM as much as we can, obviously the last 24 hours have been brutal with the threads needing support. We got you. 

• Like 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

It takes a little time to figure out how it works but this is what you get in the end. This is at Fly Tampa's Sydney. The 787 is MSFS's. The others are AIG. I only installed a few airlines to start so there's not a ton of traffic.

YPmdaSZ.jpg

l06cZSp.jpg

MBCS6LV.jpg

• Like 2

NAX669.png

21 minutes ago, mwilk said:

It takes a little time to figure out how it works but this is what you get in the end. This is at Fly Tampa's Sydney. The 787 is MSFS's. The others are AIG. I only installed a few airlines to start so there's not a ton of traffic.

YPmdaSZ.jpg

l06cZSp.jpg

MBCS6LV.jpg

are jetway supposed to work? I read both AIG manuals and I dont recall mention of it.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

4 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

are jetway supposed to work? I read both AIG manuals and I dont recall mention of it.

I don't know. I haven't had a chance to work with it much.

NAX669.png

2 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

Haven't used it much yet but jetways are working with AIG AI for me.

There's even pushback for the AI planes too!

• Like 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I’ve never understood how people find AIG hard to set up. I’ve used it for p3d and now for MSFS no issues. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ridvan Celik said:

I’ve never understood how people find AIG hard to set up. I’ve used it for p3d and now for MSFS no issues. 

I can understand why most it would be kind of confusing and difficult to setup. It was the same way for me when I first tried to use it. But after that, it's really easy. It's just the initial setup part that can be kind of jarring at 1st.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

21 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I can understand why most it would be kind of confusing and difficult to setup. It was the same way for me when I first tried to use it. But after that, it's really easy. It's just the initial setup part that can be kind of jarring at 1st.

It took me most of a morning..  It was the different directories you have to get things to point to, and I had one of them pointing to the wrong folder, the two fairly similar programs, the odd box you have to tick, all the abbreviations I've never ever heard of.. 

I also didn't realise the manager creates its own folder which I should have been pointing at but wasn't.  But in the end it wasn't rocket science. And once it's set up its a pleasure to use. 

Edited by Langeveldt

21 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I think that the documentation can use a little work but if you analyse the photos they use along with it, then it’s not that hard. Great program though, hope everyone of our flight simmer friends can get it working and get their airports alive again. 

Do it slowly, don't rush, read the instructions provided, don't skip steps, and also look at the pictures in the manuals. You don't even need textual instructions.

• Like 2

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q