Sign in to follow this  
Bucksnort

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Is Dead

TrackIR is no longer working in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

You can either go back 20 years to using your hat switch, or stop flying Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

And Asobo knew about this in beta testing and still forced SU7 on its Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 customers!

I (and most of the TrackIR users I know on the Flight Simulator Forum) have chosen to stop flying it.  For us, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 is dead. 💀

So it is working but there is currently a documented bug that needs addressed and a workaround has been suggested in the meantime. I actually performed a few short flights yesterday using my TrackHat and it worked flawlessly. This uses the free OpenTrack software and I have buttons mapped to toggle and centre tracking. Not sure if you can use OpenTrack with TrackIR hardware but may be worth a try. 

• Like 1

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

33 minutes ago, Bucksnort said:

You can either go back 20 years to using your hat switch, or stop flying Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

Ancient dinosaur bone TrackIR kits are 20 years ago...🤣

Enjoy head tracking inside of the candy store through a pancake screen box. Careful not to turn your head too far and go out of bounds😂

Sincerely,

A VR Evangelist 

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 6

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Hardly dead. Bit extreme topic and way over the top.

Jog on

• Like 9

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

1 hour ago, Bucksnort said:

I (and most of the TrackIR users I know on the Flight Simulator Forum) have chosen to stop flying it.  For us, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 is dead. 💀

Good, that will lighten the Microsoft server load and be beneficial for all the other simmers !  Stay firm on your position !

• Like 4

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

TrackIR works like a charm in MSFS with an extremely simple work around: you only have to assign a key or button to 'Toggle head tracking' and use that key or button whenever TrackIR stops working. Currently TrackIR is turned off whenever it loses connection with the sensor or when you pause it. Very easy things to avoid. And when you accidently do these things simply use the toggle. Better get your facts straight before posting that MSFS is dead (to you). For me MSFS is very much alive. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, deepstar said:

I am so done with MSFS, gonna install FSX

FSX? That bug infested mess?

I'm personally installing ProPilot 98.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

1 hour ago, Bucksnort said:

I don't know how that guy had permission to be an advocate for such a big community ?

Artur 

surely this is a bit dramatic but whatever floats your boat.  The sim does seem to be getting bogged down with trying to make deadlines/updates for big release, (looking at you GOTY edition) but nevertheless it's the best civilian flight simulator out there. Been enjoying the new Hornet with my hat switch!

• Like 2

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

I saw a post that TrackIR was working perfectly in Beta GOTY.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.