Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

New releases - SSW TF-104G and BBS Scottish Aviation Bulldog

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

Since you familiar with this system I have a question. Is there any way to get glideslope indication (for ILS) or not?

Not that I'm aware of in this incarnation. I miss the autopilot from the P3D 'G' version as well. Very basic, but handy. Maybe we can work on Alessandro for a future enhancement. 

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

8 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Since you familiar with this system I have a question. Is there any way to get glideslope indication (for ILS) or not?

Are these helpfull?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

7 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Are these helpfull?

Thanks I figured those one already. As for all weather interceptor it's odd not to have ILS capability. Seems PHI system provide lateral guidance which falls in none-precision approaches. I saw some old training films on youtube featuring  US version  of F-104 and it had CDI! I wish there was a different cockpit setup for that.

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

well back again - went through the manual - all ready to set up radar & PHI - but same problem - the pilot won't go away - worked a couple times a few days ago by switching to external views - but refused to do this morning - I had a flight planned up the coast so I could work the mapping radar - but frustration with not being able to get rid of the pilot - no probs at all in any other airplane - please help this poor confused rat

Rattso

Cooler Master Cosmos 700M - Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme D5 - intel i9-12900K(water cooled) - 128gb Corsair Vengeance 5200 D5 - Gigabyte Asorus 4090 waterforce - EVGA 2000W P/S - Creative AE-7 - intel Optane 500gb - 3x 2tb M2 SSDs - 2x 2tb Samsung EVO SSDs - 1x Hybrid 2tb HDD - Thrustmaster Warthog - Honeycombe Bravo quadrant - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - MFG Crosswind - Samsung Oddesy Ark - G9 49" monitor

Just now, Rattso said:

pilot won't go away

You refer, I suppose, to the view through the goggle and the oxy mask and tube ?

The solution I found is to set a custom view with CNTRL+ALT+& and bind it with ALT+& to a joystick button.

It shows when the aircraft spawns but using the button gives the custom view 

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

On the Starfighter, I see a lot of repaints where the top surface of the wing is painted white.  Does anyone know the reason for this?

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

22 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

On the Starfighter, I see a lot of repaints where the top surface of the wing is painted white.  Does anyone know the reason for this?

Because that's how the real paints were. 🙂

• Like 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

3 hours ago, odourboy said:

Because that's how the real paints were. 🙂

Yes. Thanks! I kind of get that.  I tend to find these repainters can be pretty accurate. 😁

So let me rephrase.  Does anyone know why a lot of the real ones have white paint on the upper surface of the wing?  Some went camo, but lots of airforces went with the white wings for some reason. 

• Upvote 1

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

21 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

So let me rephrase.  Does anyone know why a lot of the real ones have white paint on the upper surface of the wing?  Some went camo, but lots of airforces went with the white wings for some reason.

Now that's a good question!

• Like 1

So I can't vouch for this, but here's what I found on the web: "The large quantities of hot bleed air, used to lower landing speeds, tended to erode the bare aluminum surface of the wings. The gloss white was actually a special hard epoxy finish used to protect the underlaying airframe. BTW, the bottoms were painted the same light gray as the radome. Later painted schemes apparemtly did not require these extreme measures."

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, odourboy said:

So I can't vouch for this, but here's what I found on the web: "The large quantities of hot bleed air, used to lower landing speeds, tended to erode the bare aluminum surface of the wings. The gloss white was actually a special hard epoxy finish used to protect the underlaying airframe. BTW, the bottoms were painted the same light gray as the radome. Later painted schemes apparemtly did not require these extreme measures."

Nice find - thanks!  Sounds feasible.

Be interesting to know how many of the famous potentially fatal flaws like compressor stall with too sudden a throttle movement and unrecoverable stalls when the T Tail gets in to the wing shadow at high angles of attack are actually  modelled.

Good link:

https://vintageaviationecho.com/starfighter-test-flight/

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

v2.0 was released yesterday.  

==============================
- VERSION 2.0.0 RELEASE NOTES
==============================
BUG FIXES
- Fixed Aileron/Rudder limiters not working properly
- Fixed sound bug when flaps are operated
- Fixed kohlsmann setting misalignment
- Fixed navigation lights weakness
- Fixed boundary layer doors not operating properly
- Fixed dragchute dimensions, now is 18' as it should be
- Fixed flaps doll's eyes at night
- Fixed LN3 platform alignement procedure, now green light blinks when aligned
- Fixed CIT wrong indication under some conditions
- Fixed pilots dimensions
- Fixed pilot seat flickering at night
- Fixed canopy glass dirtness
- Fixed afterburner "rumbling" missing in cockpit
- Fixed cabin pressure gauge not working
- Fixed missing air fresh scoop lever
- Fixed nose/main landing gear tires rotation missing under some circumstances
- Fixed APC reading
- Fixed a hole behind windshield
- Fixed a dragchute bug that prevented to work properly
- Fixed asymmetric aileron inputs
- Fixed radar range switch not working properly
- Fixed instruments lights not working properly
- Fixed parking brake auto enabling, no more park brake
- Fixed flaps bug, increased the drag at LAND position
- Fixed a shutdown bug preventing power cut undersome circumstances

NEW/CHANGED FEATURES
- Afterburner natively implemented also in physical engine model
- Engine smoke added
- Wing tips ribbon added
- Engine and flight model completely reviewed
- More liveries added
- Navigation lights implemented in 3D, steady, flash, dim e steady
- Parking brakes are automatically set only when chocks and wing protections are present,
in other cases are disabled.
- Dragchute cannot be auto-dropped anymore
- Engine shutdown available with sim event "ENGINE AUTO SHUTDOWN" and FUEL SHUT OFF only
other procedures (ie: THROTTLE CUT, etc. ) are not supported

there's a VR issue (VC camera inside the pilot figure head when switching back from external/drone views) so far, other fixes looking okay.

• Like 1

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

The 'fixed pilot dimensions' may help @Rattso with his problem.  The pilot sizes were about 20% too big apparently.  They seem to fit in the aircraft better now.