Sign in to follow this  
TASCHMANN

BROKEN PLANES AGAIN

2 hours ago, TASCHMANN said:

Not shouting (that would be all caps) just using standard English to emphasize words.  Perhaps we need to keep posting until they gain some respect for the amount of time these "updates" are costing us.

2 hours ago, scotchegg said:

No need to shout, especially when the content adds nothing to what is already posted multiple times around the forum.

Okay, both of you retreat to your corners!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

9 hours ago, TASCHMANN said:

I wonder how many will be willing to stay on this merry-go-round for five years.  Can you imagine the number of hours of your life that will be spent in the usual "search, tweak and wait" game.  There is simply no payoff for the effort when you plan to spend an hour or two flying and then encounter the "issue of the day" and spend 3 or 4 hours searching for a solution only to find there isn't one.

Couldn't agree more with all your comments Taschmann... it's getting to the point of being a waste of time which would be acceptable for a freeware sim but we've all paid for this product only to be treated like guinea pigs.

10 hours ago, Mace said:

I've been around sims for a looong time 

Me too, 40-odd years, and I never ever had a sim (or any game) updated 13 times in 15 months including 7 core  half-baked updates. I welcome progress but progress and brownian motion are two different things entirely  😄 !  

I have spend the last few days at finding the way to overcome the stutters, understand the new weird behaviour of some of my aircraft, rebuilding binding maps and trying to find places to fly where I shouldn't see the new ugly clouds in LW.

Polishing updates, spacing them reasonably is not abandonware. The MS marketing policy for this product is crazy.  

Let the Asobo team work and take their time to do their best instead of imposing them to push broken updates, put some bucks in QC and... let us play this great sim !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

10 hours ago, Mace said:

wAbandonware isn't something we want to see. 

It's already happening (on the Free market that is)

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

11 hours ago, TASCHMANN said:

I wonder how many will be willing to stay on this merry-go-round for five years.  Can you imagine the number of hours of your life that will be spent in the usual "search, tweak and wait" game.  There is simply no payoff for the effort when you plan to spend an hour or two flying and then encounter the "issue of the day" and spend 3 or 4 hours searching for a solution only to find there isn't one.

I prefer to count the number of hours I already enjoyed this game, and still enjoy even after this SU7. Yesterday I had a great but nasty experience discovering the Carenado C170 doesn't have pitot heat (which the real aircraft also didn't have) which really made my flight into IFR conditions more eventful than I expected and liked. Instead of a relaxing flight I found myself meandering between menacing clouds having to work to stay in the air.

It sometimes does feel we are all flying an early access title, certainly after a new SU but I have been flying sims since the early 90's and remember that every title was great but also came with a lot of frustration about things that did not work, or only partly.

the difference this time is that in the past we did not get updates so we learned to live with the shortcomings of these sims. This time, Asobo is at least trying to iron the bugs out. Sometimes they succeed which makes us happy. Often they only succeed partly which makes us to rant about it.

Edited by orchestra_nl
grammar
  • Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

8 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

I prefer to count the number of hours I already enjoyed this game, and still enjoy even after this SU7. Yesterday I had a great but nasty experience discovering the Carenado C170 doesn't have pitot heat (which the real aircraft also didn't have) which really made my flight into IFR conditions eventful. Most, if not all third party aircraft still work exepct with DX12.

It sometimes does feel we are all flying an early access title, certainly after a new SU but I have been flying sims since the early 90's and remember that every title was great but also came with a lot of frustration about things that did not work, or only partly.

the difference this time is that in the past we did not get updates so we learned to live with the shortcomings of these sims. This time, Asobo is at least trying to iron the bugs out. Sometimes they succeed which makes us happy. Often they only succeed partly which makes us to rant about it.

Totally with this.. I was actually going to ask..  which aircraft are no longer working after SU7 on DX11  as all my add-ons seem to be fine.

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

59 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

I prefer to count the number of hours I already enjoyed this game,

You make a good point. It is not a black and white picture. This sim, as it is now, brings a tremendous flying experience. Fly and explore.

But we also have to tell MS that enough is enough. 

SU7 is a SU5 redux for many. This is not a fatality. The Asobo team is obviously made of good and bright engineers. Goodness, Neumann should let them work instead of pushing this kind of stuff for reasons we all understand and have nothing to do with our contentment.

Looking back at the sim in its early times , and putting aside the regional updates, were the 7 SU  worth the trouble ? 

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

12 hours ago, Isaiah53six said:

does anyone else have issues with the flaps on the f-18 randomly retracting/extending?

Yes, but I thought they were automatic?  Part of the fly-by -wire system?

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

So now we know how it feels to be a beta tester,whether  we want to be or not. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Yes, but I thought they were automatic?  Part of the fly-by -wire system?

yep, auto-flaps on the real bird. 

• Like 1

Dominique

13 hours ago, Cognita said:

This is basically how I feel about it. Asobo has said from the beginning that they were going to be actively developing the sim. Robert Randazzo recently wrote that Asobo's roadmap is highly ambitious. This is not a mature, stable software platform.  It is still going through teething pains and it is under the pressures of continual development, fueled somewhat by a myriad of conflicting expectations and desires. We have been at this for nearly a year and a half and I think this is how it is going to be -- messy. But, I have never enjoyed a simulator as much. 

Words of wisdom as they align with reality so well.  I'm super thankful MS/Asobo didn't decide to wait until the sim was fully mature I've had a blast with it despite its foibles and it's so great to see the kind of dedication to continual and aggressive development.  Never in the history of flight sims has the pace and scope of development been so robust and there is no hint of a slow down save Jorg said in a recent interview the goals for 2022 are stability while retaining commitment to the 10-year project timeline.  Harken back to P3D days, built on decades of FSX, where to go from V1 which offered almost nothing over FSX for $200 to V2 THREE YEARS LATER (that's another $200 please, or $50 if you were okay misrepresenting yourself) which was mostly an updated rendering engine.  TWO MORE YEARS later you got V3 for another $200/$50 which mostly offered resources to simulator platforms with almost nothing for desktop simmers.  TWO MORE YEARS later you got the 64-bit platform to end the heinous OOM's people were frequently plagued by, that's another $200 please.  And in 2010 LM started w/ a very complete SDK already, essentially, save their additions for their commercial market in large part.   It's appalling to see how little they did with some of the basics in P3D, like the flight planner and it's heinous map circa 2000.  And as everyone knows here all planeware and scenery came from 3rd parties for hundreds and hundreds of $$ as the scenery and default planes with nothing short of garbage thru its entire 12y history, and still is.  I'm flying the lovely B787-10 HD this very moment, and often use the default and slightly modded TBM and Citation L, and CJ4, all of which are vastly better than anything out of the P3D.

It help to put the whole thing in context lest you not see the forest for the trees.

• Like 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

15 hours ago, Isaiah53six said:

does anyone else have issues with the flaps on the f-18 randomly retracting/extending?

That’s not a bug. That’s an actual feature on the F-18.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

Many of the planes that have been cited as working well are the result of the talent and hard work of the community...not Ms/Asobo  in providing the necessary modifications for free.    Can you imagine what this sim would look like without those mods?

I respectfully disagree with those who try to make the case that MSFS is no different from other sims during development.   I believe MSFS is unique in the amount of time and frustration it has required of users and the number and significance of the inoperative and broken features that disappear and reappear with stunning frequency.

The difference is that the other titles were and continue to be far more stable than MSFS at all stages of development.  My point is that without a modicum of stability there is little enjoyment.  It's like trying to live in a beautiful house that is about 60% finished. 

I think it is important to continuously point out that this is not acceptable.  There is no hope for stability in the future unless we expect it.

• Like 1

So again I ask.. what planes are not working as a direct result of SU7 on DX11  which is what this thread is about?

Graham

• Upvote 2

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

45 minutes ago, TASCHMANN said:

Can you imagine what this sim would look like without those mods?

Yes I sure can--it would be 99.2% of what it is w/o those mods.   Someone like Heavy Division takes a largely complete 787-10, tweaks a couple of things, then gets all the accolades whereas the real developer gets trashed by the ungrateful who can't see the forest for the trees.  

• Like 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X