Sign in to follow this  
Kilo60

Latest NVIDIA Driver still causing CTD's..?

I'm still using 457.30, the last driver that was optimized for the RTX 20 series, and I will not change until I update my 2080Ti, probably when the 40 series is released.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

20 hours ago, knich said:

Interesting…with beta having all kinds of stutters and wildly inconsistent fps…not great.  Using dx11 and latest gtx 3090.

i have really high end system and can’t figure out why I have so many issues getting smooth experience…

Try turning AI Traffic off.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

2 hours ago, CarlosF said:

Try turning AI Traffic off.

This is my point exactly. Why would I have to turn everything off to get proper performance on a high-end system?

One day I will post all my specs once I figure out how exactly you guys do that in your posts.

21 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Try turning off any overclocking.

I am curious why would overclocking cause stutters and low fps? I would think if anything you would have a smoother experience isn’t that the idea or what is the advantage of overclocking?

6 hours ago, knich said:

One day I will post all my specs once I figure out how exactly you guys do that in your posts.

Click your username (upper right). Then Account Settings, followed by Signature. Enter / edit specs as desired, then Save.

• Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitor: 32” ASUS PG32UCDM 240hz 4K | Additional Hardware: HP Reverb G2, TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

13 hours ago, knich said:

This is my point exactly. Why would I have to turn everything off to get proper performance on a high-end system?

Just trying to help, is up to you if you want to make the change or not.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

14 hours ago, knich said:

I am curious why would overclocking cause stutters and low fps? I would think if anything you would have a smoother experience isn’t that the idea or what is the advantage of overclocking?

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4406280653202-All-versions-Crashing-CTDs-issues-Advanced-Troubleshooting#:~:text=We advise against using overclocked,If your system is overclocked%3A&text=Lower or disable your CPU overclock values

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

5 hours ago, CarlosF said:

Just trying to help, is up to you if you want to make the change or not.

It was rhetorical...I appreciate your help.

I'm running XMP and I never crash with the latest driver.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Brand new system (i9 12900k, 3090, 32 gb), received last Friday. XMP is on, no overclocking anywhere. MSFS crashes the majority of the time while the flight is loading. Using the latest Nvidia drivers.

(It doesn't matter to me personally (it'll get sorted), I've plenty of other gaming to be getting on with but figured I'd include my observations.)

Same here. Xmp at 4000. With the latest NVidia driver.  No crashes.

Edited by BufordTX

AMD 7950x3d, MSI 4090 Supreme Liquid, 64GB@6000 CL30, MSI X670E ACE, 4TB Crucial T700 nvme, MSI AIO, Asus 43" HDR1000, Quest Pro, VKB gunfighter, Bravo throttle, TPR, IBM Model M keyboard, Shure SM58

I've been a user since the day this FlightSim was launched. Never really experienced persistent CTD issues. I started with an AMD Vega 56 card and upgraded to an Nvidia RTX 3080 about a year ago. However, since the SU7 and the latest Nvidia driver update I've been experiencing CTDs on every flight. Up until today, CTD only happened after I landed and started taxing to the parking areas. So that was tolerable as long as I ended my flight on the runway. However, today I haven't been able to start a single flight because it has been crashing right during the flight loading process. 

I don't know if it is an SU7 issue, an Nvidia driver issue, or a combination of both. 

16 minutes ago, andradef said:

I've been a user since the day this FlightSim was launched. Never really experienced persistent CTD issues. I started with an AMD Vega 56 card and upgraded to an Nvidia RTX 3080 about a year ago. However, since the SU7 and the latest Nvidia driver update I've been experiencing CTDs on every flight. Up until today, CTD only happened after I landed and started taxing to the parking areas. So that was tolerable as long as I ended my flight on the runway. However, today I haven't been able to start a single flight because it has been crashing right during the flight loading process. 

I don't know if it is an SU7 issue, an Nvidia driver issue, or a combination of both. 

Well, since it's only the last driver that's causing problems, it would indicate that it's an Nvidia problem.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s