Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

REX Seasons has been released

Just now, Kilo60 said:

I get it but when?  It was put on their priority list pre-release and there’s still been no official word that I’ve seen…

Has there been any mention that they are even still working on it?

I don't see why they wouldn't be.

4 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Has Aboso even mentioned when they might add seasons?

According to the top wishes (#25)

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/611667-december-9th-2021-development-update/

it will be in 2022. However given this sheet is quite dynamic I wouldn't take this for granted. They mentioned they want to get seasons really right in their Q&As a few times, which certainly isn't a simple task.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

4 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

I get it but when?  It was put on their priority list pre-release and there’s still been no official word that I’ve seen…

Has there been any mention that they are even still working on it?

Lck9Kxa.png

Is it an App that must be started before the game to work, or is it just buy and setup the App to dynamic automation and forget about it?

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

5 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

Is it an App that must be started before the game to work, or is it just buy and setup the App to dynamic automation and forget about it?

You need to start the app everytime you want to install a different tree set. In case of the "Auto mode" you need to set it once, then a daily windows task will install the tree set into the appropriate folder.

Patric

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pscharff said:

The problem occured arround the SBGL airport. There was to be seen a mix of trees with green and mostly brown leaves.

Patric

Hi Patric. The display of autumn or winter vegetation directly around the SBGL airport is is a glitch within the MSFS software. I took a look at it within multiple AccuSeason presets, as well as with Bijan's mod and autumn or winter vegetation displays. I will fill out a ticket to Asobo letting them know about this and hopefully they can take a look and fix this. 

I have flown in many, many tropical areas in MSFS and this is the only place where I have seen this MSFS bug. Anywhere else that you fly in tropical areas, you will see tropical vegetation so if you fly in winter or autumn in the northern hemisphere, you will see green trees in tropical areas with the small area directly surrounding SBGL being the only exception. If you have any other  questions about this, feel free to message me directly and I will help out. Thanks so much. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

5 minutes ago, MikeT707 said:

Hi Patric. The display of autumn or winter vegetation directly around the SBGL airport is is a glitch within the MSFS software. I took a look at it within multiple AccuSeason presets, as well as with Bijan's mod and autumn or winter vegetation displays. I will fill out a ticket to Asobo letting them know about this and hopefully they can take a look and fix this. 

I have flown in many, many tropical areas in MSFS and this is the only place where I have seen this MSFS bug. Anywhere else that you fly in tropical areas, you will see tropical vegetation so if you fly in winter or autumn in the northern hemisphere, you will see green trees in tropical areas with the small area directly surrounding SBGL being the only exception. If you have any other  questions about this, feel free to message me directly and I will help out. Thanks so much. 

OK, thanks for your info and for looking into this.

Patric

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mpo910 said:

And then you live in Munich in December and fly in Caribbean and get winter trees there? 

If this is the automation....that's a odd automation (just my opinion)

Thanks for the question. If you are in in Munich in December and fly to the Caribbean, you will see winter trees in Munich and Tropical trees in the Caribbean. You will not see winter trees in the Caribbean. Hope that answers your question. :smile:

• Like 3

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

6 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

So you could either use REX Weather Force or REX Seasons but not both at the same time?

Hi Twenty6. You can use both REX Weather Force and REX Seasons at the same time.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

5 hours ago, V1ROTA7E said:

spacer.png

Hi V1ROTA7E. Can you please let me know where in Florida this is? Thanks. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

6 hours ago, mpo910 said:

The core question is related to the automation feature for this usecase:

Start the simulator at LOWI

Start a flight at date 15.12.2021

Fly around

Open the time mask

Change the date to somewhere summer

Question 1: Does the trees look like summer color trees now? Or are still the trees from 15.12. implemented ?

Answer from Mike at REX:  No, the trees in this scenario would not change. This would require some special Asobo coding and magic. In this case, you would need to exit the simulator and apply a summer preset to change the trees to look like summer.

If not 

Stop the flight

Change date via main menu to 15.7.2021

Start a flight

Question 2: do I see now summer colored trees at LOWI?

Answer from Mike at REX:  No, the trees in this scenario would not change. Same as above. 

6 hours ago, mpo910 said:

If not.

Is this assumption correct, that it is necessary to restart the simulator to get the right tree colors implemented when changing dates and seasons?

Answer from Mike at REX:  Yes, this is correct. In order to change vegetation, you would need to exit the sim. Wish that were not the case, but we have to work within some constraints of the code base. 

Any feedback from users who have already tried this or REX is welcome.

Marcus

Hi Marcus. Excellent questions. I provided the answers above. Let me know if that answers things for you. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Hi,

I am very interested in this product! I hope this has not been answered yet. Does this product eliminate ( or partially a la fly tampa texture on runways and taxiways) the "annoying" fact that snow covers taxiways and runways to the point that it is difficult to navigate on them ? I live in Canada and we are pretty good at removing snow 😉 

many thanks

cheers

Louis

I'm not entirely convinced yet by this new product (I use and appreciate Bijan's work) but I have to admit that its developer is very available on the various forums and open to discussion and improvements.

And that's a very good point.
Thank you, Mike!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

4 hours ago, David Roch said:

So where is the "automation"??

Hi David. Automation is a page in the app called Automation. Within that page you are able to Enable or Disable the automated dynamic seasons. 

AoT41zd.jpg

One really great feature that is available is you can go backwards or forwards in time and select time periods that are different than current date. That is in the Manual Dynamic Season Changes section and here you can select the month and the time period within that month. For instance, I selected October and the four options for October are available to select and apply to the sim. Hope this helps. Thanks. 

8uelcCY.jpg

• Like 2

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

15 hours ago, dmarques69 said:

Yes, sort of, you need to have the correct season(s) files/folders in the community one, always divided by hemisphere, not a big deal.. my last flight between a hot and cold(snowing) country was spot on.

...and so easy to just delete the current folder and plop in what you need, for what you wish to see, and the hemisphere...so easy...5 seconds...before you hit the 'get me there' button...