Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

December 9th, 2021 - Development Update

DECEMBER 9TH, 2021 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

Posted by: Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

isaiahnparadise-Twitter.jpegScreenshot by isaiahnparadise (Twitter)

Our public pre-release testing opportunity is now also available for Steam users! To learn how to download the test build, click here.

– The MSFS team

Smooth-Development-Banner-GIF.gif

FEEDBACK SNAPSHOT

Click here for the web-friendly version. To learn more about Accessibility in Microsoft Flight Simulator, click here.

We will return with a regular Feedback Snapshot in the next update. For today, we have the VR Feedback Snapshot available.

KEY

SU = Sim Update (6, 7, etc.) WU = World Update
ASAP = As Soon as Possible TBD =To Be Determined
Several Releases = Fixes will come over a series of updates
Ongoing Fixes = An item we will continually be working on
Planned = Scheduled to be worked on
Under Investigation = The team is currently looking into this issue
Not Planned = We will likely not work on this
Not Started = We have not begun investigation on this yet
Started = Development work as started on this item

Slide1-1.jpgSlide2-1.jpgSlide3.jpgSlide4.jpgSlide5.jpg

COMMUNITY TRIAGE UPDATE

Click here for the Known Issues List.

SDK UPDATE

• General
    • A new Public Update Flight is currently happening based on the Sim Update 7 build. You can join on all supported platforms (MS Store, Steam and Xbox) and, most importantly, report any issue on the dedicated section of the forum: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/c/decupdateflight/postsu7-sdk/298. Please report here instead of AnswerHub for all flighting-related issues!
  • DevMode
    • Scenery Editor:
      • We removed obsolete options from the Type properties of Painted Hatched Areas.
      • We locked child of control tower for more consistency with projected meshes. Control towers now maintain correct hierarchy level and name upon saving and loading a Scenery file.
      • On the aprons, we added UV manipulation with gizmo.
    • Aircraft Editor:
      • Cylinder displacement is now correctly converted to cubic inches in the AircraftEditor.
      • We fixed the infinite loadings and the “no motor sound” issues after working on an aircraft.
  • WASM
    • We fixed random loading issues for WASM-based gauges.

MARKETPLACE UPDATES

There are 16 new and 40 updates products in the Marketplace today.

16 NEW PRODUCTS: 5 ON PC, 11 ON XBOX
image010.png

New on Xbox

image013.png

New on Xbox

image014.png

New on Xbox

image015.png

New on PC and Xbox

image016.png

New on Xbox

image017.png

New on PC and Xbox

image018.png

New on PC and Xbox

image019.png

New on Xbox

image020.png

New on Xbox

image021.png

New on PC

image022.png

New on Xbox

image023.png

New on PC and Xbox

40 UPDATED PRODUCTS: 25 ON PC, 15 ON XBOX
image024.png

Updated on PC and Xbox

image025.png

Updated on PC and Xbox

image026.png

Updated on PC and Xbox

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

Updated on PC and Xbox

image028-1.png

Updated on PC and Xbox

image027-1.png

Updated on PC and Xbox

image029.png

Updated on PC and Xbox

image010-1.png

Updated on PC

image031.png

Updated on PC

image013-1.png

Updated on PC

image014-1.png

Updated on PC

image016-1.png

Updated on PC

image032-1.png

Updated on PC and Xbox

image033-1.png

Updated on PC and Xbox

image019-1.png

Updated on PC

image020-1.png

Updated on PC

image022-1.png

Updated on PC

image034.png

Updated on PC and Xbox

image035.png

Updated on PC and Xbox

image036.png

Updated on PC and Xbox

image037.png

Updated on PC

image038.png

Updated on PC and Xbox

image039.png

Updated on PC and Xbox

image040.png

Updated on PC and Xbox

image030.png

Updated on PC and Xbox

banner-1.svg

TWITCH UPDATE

We stream every Friday at 12pm PT on Twitch.tv/MSFSOfficial! For this week’s Community Fly-In Friday, we are thrilled to be participating in Thrustmaster’s Fly Tour! Our stream team will be demoing Thrustmaster’s upcoming officially-licensed Boeing TCA Yoke and Throttle. You may have already seen some of your favorite flight simulator YouTube and Twitch creators taking part in the Fly Tour. More info: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/official-community-fly-in-friday-thrustmaster-fly-tour-with-a-real-airline-pilot/479800

image.jpg

COMMUNITY VIDEO

During Friday’s Community Fly-In, our stream team will be participating in Thrustmaster’s Fly Tour to demo their upcoming TCA Boeing Edition Yoke and Throttle. Joining us on the stream will be a real Boeing airline pilot (737/757/767) as a guest co-host to share his thoughts on how Thrustmaster’s Boeing controls compare to the real deal. If you are unable to attend Friday’s Fly-In but are still interested in learning more about the Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Edition products, check out this video from Jeff Favignano, another participant in the Fly Tour.

Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pQxUWXawi4 

SCREENSHOT CHALLENGE

You can now submit your screenshot via Instagram and Twitter with #MSFSchallenge or the Weekly Forum Post! This week’s screenshot challenge: It’s a Bird! It’s a plane! It’s…!

This past week our Screenshot Challenge was Hills and Valleys. Here are our runner ups this week:

b.mgaming-Instagram.jpgScreenshot by b.mgaming (Instagram)

Broseph4245-Forum.jpgScreenshot by Broseph4245 (Forum)

DaveBGaming-Forum-1.jpgScreenshot by DaveBGaming (Forum)

Diablohu-Forum.jpgScreenshot by Diablohu (Forum)

Dreamsofwings1-Twitter.jpegScreenshot by Dreamsofwings1 (Twitter)

MATSC133-Forum.jpgScreenshot by MATSC133 (Forum)

Palemka-Forum.jpgScreenshot by Palemka (Forum)

PommesL-Forum.jpgScreenshot by PommesL (Forum)

Stanty16-Forum.jpgScreenshot by Stanty16 (Forum)

syldon13-Forum.jpgScreenshot by syldon13 (Forum)

NEXT DEVELOPMENT UPDATE BLOG – December 16th, 2021

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 14

As well as the PR fluff above there's also a separate update on the XB/PMDG DC-6 situation.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/pmdg-dc-6-update/480370

It appears that fixing whatever is needed "will likely take a few more months" (emphasis mine) so they will be offering refunds.

This might go someway to explaining why PMDG are really not happy with MS/Asobo right now.

32 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

As well as the PR fluff above there's also a separate update on the XB/PMDG DC-6 situation.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/pmdg-dc-6-update/480370

It appears that fixing whatever is needed "will likely take a few more months" (emphasis mine) so they will be offering refunds.

This might go someway to explaining why PMDG are really not happy with MS/Asobo right now.

I think you've overstated that to be honest. They found an issue with the Xbox (console) version and they've pulled that version. The PC version is still available for purchase. Of course it's right they offer refunds given they anticipate the Xbox to be out for a couple of months. It's not great for Xbox console users but if the product has fundamental issues, then pulling it from the store is the only option.

In a recent Q&A with Asobo, Robert Randazzo talked about the relationship with Asobo and even then he mentioned the difficulty as they are developing systems within more of the framework of MSFS. So it's going to be difficult, add to that Xbox support (which they don't have to do I might add) and you have a challenging development period, but make no mistake Robert realises the fruits working on the MSFS platform and I'm sure in the long road these are just minor bumps. Nothing more.

Edited by dtrjones
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, dtrjones said:

They found an issue with the Xbox (console) version and they've pulled that version.

I am quite sure Robert must be word not allowed, its first appearance on a new market result in having his product removed for a couple of month due to issues, not the best introduction... 

Is the " Chase view / tower view " removed at all ????

Edited by Sphynnx

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Logbook is not fixed. They just implemented a self close. That’s really bad. Still freezes the sim for seconds and closes all windows in vr. No words

Lukas Dalton

A026463C-3347-4758-A56D-28D64697A313.gif

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

3 weeks since SU7 was released, this is no longer a Hotfix but a Patch in my eyes. Most Devs I know would've dealt with this nonsense by now and communicated accordingly, either way they need to get a move on and get the Patch released, hopefully sometime this year... what's left of it!

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Has "Implement weather and terrain APIs" always been on the list? Don't recall seeing it and now it has rocketed to the top and is that APIs for weather and terrain radar or the weather itself, for third party to be allowed to manipulate it?

Edited by Sethos

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I cannot see a fix is under investigation for those now frequent messages about "You're switched Offline, because your bandwidth, bla bla bla...", which happens more and more after (I think) the SU5 release (Welcome Xbox users!).

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

9 hours ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

How are ATC phraseology and Photogametry still 'under investigation' ??? wow

They made some small phraseology fixes with Sim Update 4, and they said they have more planned for future updates. I guess they may have been delayed in favour of other things, or perhaps the ATC rework itself (which I believe will be tackled by Working Title along with the flight planner).

The photogrammetry LOD fix is being worked on by the Bing Maps team, with Jörg saying it could come in late 2021 or early 2022 but that was a while ago.

1 hour ago, Sethos said:

Has "Implement weather and terrain APIs" always been on the list? Don't recall seeing it and now it has rocketed to the top and is that APIs for weather and terrain radar or the weather itself, for third party to be allowed to manipulate it?

It's been there since August of this year. The request was created by a FlyByWire developer who advertised it on social media, so it jumped to the top of the list very quickly. You can check out the complete request in here.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

It's been there since August of this year. The request was created by a FlyByWire developer who advertised it on social media, so it jumped to the top of the list very quickly. You can check out the complete request in here.

Ah okay, thank you for the information, I'll check it out. 

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB