Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

REX Seasons has been released

12 minutes ago, apollon01 said:

Great to see REX is coming out with a season-related product; competition is always good for the customer 🙂

I got Bijan's seasons pack but to be honest, stopped using it. I mean the idea of changing colours depending on the seasons is great, however all this effort in the final is put down by two major drawback of the sim:

• The types of trees (broadleaf / coniferous) is very wrong at least in Europe in places that I know. The broadleaved types prevail in the sim, while IRL there are large areas of coniferous forests. Perhaps Asobo takes data from openstreetmaps but this source is very uncomplete (again, at least for Europe). There are other publicly available sources with much more precise data about the type of forests (both in polygon as well as raster formats). Why Asobo is not using them is a mystery for me. Applying autumn colours to all-broadleaved forests in the mountains may look nice but is weird at best.
  • Winter is just not believable: roads are under a snow-cover (as well as runways, usually) and lakes are frozen (which they may get frozen usually only under quite specific conditions). So why to use a winter-themed colours / models if the winter as such is actually pretty badly depicted by the sim?

I believe that MSFS will improve in the aspects cited above. Then, to have such an addon like Bijan's or REX's will be a great addition to our desktop flying 👍

What? All that can be achieved in a simulation is an approximation. With regard to the ratio of broadleaves vs coniferous trees the reverse is true fro what you have said. At least it is in the UK. What is missing is broadleaves trees devoid of any foliage in winter. There are some with the Bijan mod. But to properly simulated trees and seasons is an impossibility given the infinite variety.

7 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

What? All that can be achieved in a simulation is an approximation. With regard to the ratio of broadleaves vs coniferous trees the reverse is true fro what you have said. At least it is in the UK. What is missing is broadleaves trees devoid of any foliage in winter. There are some with the Bijan mod. But to properly simulated trees and seasons is an impossibility given the infinite variety.

Next we will be asking them to have the trees showing buds, or having roses that bloom and then the petals fall off after a week or two... LOL 

• Like 5

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

24 minutes ago, Maxis said:

Does anyone have screenshots of the Caribbean in the winter to ensure that its foliage is unaffected as well ?

Hi Maxis. I can confirm that vegetation in the Caribbean in the winter is not affected. I will look for a couple images a bit later and post them. I am just trying to get through the many questions on this forum and the MSFS forum at the moment. Thanks. 

• Like 2

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

40 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:
45 minutes ago, BaronKen said:

Bijan's product has been available for months and is excellent. His attention to detail and response time to issues is second to none. Regarding this talk of automated set and forget installations, it literally takes less than half a minute to change seasons when one is ready to do so, and you can "forget" about it for several months until the next season arrives if you so choose. I actually had my own season and trees mod I created for my own use, and recently picked up Bijan's add-on because of it's excellence. Nothing against REX, but I will be sticking with Bijan as well.

And Bijan has already had several updates to his program one just this week. 

I have used Bijans trees for ages and having nothing bad to say about them.  However, Bijan seasons are fixed for the entire season where the Rex application changes the trees on a weekly basis in Autumn and Winter.  Quite appealing to see a weekly change in the look.

• Like 3

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

58 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

"Accu", "Automatic", "Dynamic".  Fancy terms as usual with REX while keeping the details vague.  The fall colors in Florida is an immediate buzzkill for me.  So it sets seasonal colors based on your location in-sim but then doesn't change?  If I fly from the NY to Florida I will have Fall colors the entire way?  If so, I am not really sure what is meant by dynamic, automatic, etc.  

During autumn/winter the app will update the tree look weekly based on your system time - dynamic/automatic.  There maybe some tweaks required for certain areas, but if you fly from the northern hemisphere to the southern in winter, you will see the trees change as you fly south.  If you did the exact same flight a couple of weeks later, you will see a slightly different tree look as you would in the real world.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

When the PC starts the community folder is updated with no input from you. Set it and forget it.

And then you live in Munich in December and fly in Caribbean and get winter trees there? 

If this is the automation....that's a odd automation (just my opinion)

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Just now, mpo910 said:

And then you live in Munich in December and fly in Caribbean and get winter trees there? 

No - you will see December scene in Munich and whatever the Caribbean looks like in December when you arrive.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

I have just tested this at the airports EDDW and SBGL. Today at EGGW there were autum trees with brownish leaves to be seen. It looks the same at SBGL.

So for now I'm back on Bijans mode. By using this mode there are trees with green leaves to be seen at SBGL.

Patric

Edited by pscharff

27 minutes ago, pscharff said:

I have just tested this at the airports EDDW and SBGL. Today at EGGW there were autum trees with brownish leaves to be seen. It looks the same at SBGL.

Question for you, are you referring to vegetation specifically at the SBGL airport or in the city? Reason I ask is there is a glitch within the MSFS code at that specific airport. Please let me know. Thanks.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Has Aboso even mentioned when they might add seasons?

I thought it was initially second on their sim priority list after VR implementation.

What happened and why is Aboso so quite on implementing official seasons?

Chris Camp

1 minute ago, Kilo60 said:

Has Aboso even mentioned when they might add seasons?

I thought it was initially second on their sim priority list after VR implementation.

What happened and why is Aboso so quite on implementing official seasons?

Because they want it to look good, they want to find a way to make the sat textures look appropriate as well.

They don't want to just change the trees.

Edited by Tuskin38

5 minutes ago, MikeT707 said:

Question for you, are you referring to vegetation specifically at the SBGL airport or in the city? Reason I ask is there is a glitch within the MSFS code at that specific airport. Please let me know. Thanks.

The problem occured arround the SBGL airport. There was to be seen a mix of trees with green and mostly brown leaves.

Patric

Edited by pscharff

10 hours ago, Nemo said:

No promotion videos?

Never, until you ask. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

3 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Because they want it to look good, they want to find a way to make the sat textures look appropriate as well.

I get it but when?  It was put on their priority list pre-release and there’s still been no official word that I’ve seen…

Has there been any mention that they are even still working on it?

Chris Camp

2 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I think they may be gathering satellite images through a 12 month period which should help them with proper coloring. Really curious what they're working on and if it's more than trees.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |