Sign in to follow this  
V1ROTA7E

Kodiak Review Thread

13 hours ago, Greazer said:

That little thing is a resource hog.  I was hoping it would be fixed in the update.

You can reduce the update frequency for the standby gauge... default is 10.

I run mine at 5 and see no difference.

Look in the panel folder and edit the SWS_ESI500 xml file.

<Gauge Name="SWS_ESI500" Version="0.1">
    <Size X="512" Y="384"/>

<Update Frequency="5">

• Like 3

Bert

1 hour ago, ark said:

What are the four bar graphs below from the MFD telling me? And what is represented by the A, G, 1, and 2 indicators? I looked in the Kodiak manual but could not find anything.

Thx,

Al

spacer.png

Q0PlOpb.jpg

• Like 2

Bert

13 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Q0PlOpb.jpg

Thanks Bert. I wonder what happened to the white labels (OIL PSI, OIL C, etc) on the WT G1000NXi?

Al

Edited by ark

I would really love to have a  elevator/ rudder trim/ CG% chart available for takeoff. Unable to find it even in the POH.

Iñigo Bildarratz

14 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Try pulling the breaker for the standby attitude indicator and see if that helps..

Thanks for the help! That got me another 10-12 FPS on average. Excellent!

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

34 minutes ago, ark said:

I wonder what happened to the white labels (OIL PSI, OIL C, etc) on the WT G1000NXi?

Al

When I look at those G1000NXi engine gauges in the DA-62 or G36 Turbo, they are in fact labeled. So is the lack of labels in the Kodiak a SWS bug perhaps?

Al

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Give it some time... it will grow on you.. 😉

Yeah... That could well be. Won't be the first time a 'disappointing addon' turns out to become one of my all time favorites. We'll see. Now that I own it I might as well keep on flying it. (This is my very first addon plane for MSFS btw...! So I don't buy addons easily and always have high expectations once I do. ;)) 

• Like 1

When I  get back into the game I'll start with https://secure.simmarket.com/mario-noriega-designs-caproni-vizzola-c-22j-ventura-msfs.phtml  the Ventura, then the Kodiak.

ns

Edited by bean_sprout

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

2 hours ago, Aristoteles said:

I would really love to have a  elevator/ rudder trim/ CG% chart available for takeoff. Unable to find it even in the POH.

Rudder trim: with no winds, around 25% right rudder will help you maintain centreline on takeoff.

Pitch trim is 0-75% down, depending on CG. The CG limits are 14-40% on the wheeled variant, so you would trim neutral for forward CG, down for aft.

Re: NXi missing labels: The Kodiak's instrumentation has labels placed in a manner that works in the default Garmin, butis not supported by the NXi yet. These things are introduced by WT with time.

Re: ignition - documented and will be fixed, but it is not an easy fix. Currently it is an AUTO-ON switch, where the AUTO position (labelled off) is used with HI START. The current bug is an MSFS limitation that we are trying to work around or do a custom one.

Re: ESI500 & FPS hit - The instrument was done in XML and this causes a big FPS hit on many systems. A rework of the instrument in JavaScript is our preferred route but that would take a while - we started getting to grips with it only recently.

All said, the Kodiak is also a test platform for us, meaning we will be doing improvements to it that we will pass on to future products, so expect improvements to come during the year.

The plane wasn't intended as a "systems trainer" and will stay near it's current level of depth. What we are interested in is a middle-of-the-road set of systems that is interesting & deep enough to keep you busy, but without taking you away from actual handing, which is what we are more interested in.

I hope that answers some questions asked about the plane, current problems and what will come down the road! 🙂

• Like 11

1 hour ago, A320_SX ALX said:

Rudder trim: with no winds, around 25% right rudder will help you maintain centreline on takeoff.

Where is the rudder trim setting displayed as a percentage (%)? Or, on second thought, I guess you are just supposed to estimate ('eyeball') the gauge setting based on the total available range. That works, especially after you find the spot that seems to work.

Thx,

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ark said:

Where is the rudder trim setting displayed as a percentage (%)? Or are you just supposed to eyeball the gauge setting?

Thx,

Al

I aim for the right little line, about 5 clicks.

Bert

4 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I aim for the right little line, about 5 clicks.

The total trim range seems to be about 25 degs according to the tooltip, so 25% would be a little more than 6 degs, which is little bit to the right of the little right line. But whatever works!  🙂

Thanks,

Al

Where are the Kodiak procedures described, such as the engine start procedure?

Thx,

Al

How do you get Beta range on throttle? I tried F2 but nothing happens and F2 isn't assigned to anything. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

6 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

How do you get Beta range on throttle? I tried F2 but nothing happens and F2 isn't assigned to anything. 

I use FSUIPC7 with a Saitek TQ which has a switch at the bottom of the throttle range. Do you have FSUIPC7?

Al

Edited by ark