Sign in to follow this  
peroni

Flightsim.to to host XP12 content

The excellent website flightsim.to just announced that once XP12 gets released they will be hosting content.

spacer.png

• Like 7
  • Upvote 4

👍

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Great news. I find that site very user friendly and d/l speeds are allright, too!

(maybe this is like swearing in church, but are those stats from MSFS only? Those are crazy)

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , Turbocharged, EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40NG+tdi / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Fantastic news, great site with a solid interface. Love their "What has updated since last download" function.

Might even help bring some attention to X-Plane with the crossover traffic. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Indeed great news considering that the competitors are not really up on par regarding site clarity and accessability

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

While this may not yet have been universally welcomed by MSFS users over at Flightsim.to (though I hope it will), it may prove to be a worthy competitor to the 'org'. XP users deserve a choice. The org seems to have an unhealthy near-monopoly in terms of much payware for X-Plane, along with a forum that has become infamous for inconsistent moderators.

4 hours ago, Brian Mackie said:

become infamous for inconsistent moderators

Their moderators are famous for being consistently horrible to everyone. Especially anyone who wants to get into development.

21 hours ago, Pastaiolo said:

Indeed great news considering that the competitors are not really up on par regarding site clarity and accessability

flightsimassociation/fselite did a really good cross panel discussion the other day, wouldnt surprise me if this announcement is somehow the result of that.

Its absolutely fantastic news, I am quite frankly dreading the org in an XP12 future, 99% sure they will still be feature focusing content that hasnt been meaningfully updated since the XP10 days when XP12 finally drops.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

Good news indeed!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

On 12/20/2021 at 6:47 PM, Brian Mackie said:

While this may not yet have been universally welcomed by MSFS users over at Flightsim.to (though I hope it will), it may prove to be a worthy competitor to the 'org'. XP users deserve a choice. The org seems to have an unhealthy near-monopoly in terms of much payware for X-Plane, along with a forum that has become infamous for inconsistent moderators.

This is an accurate post.  I'm not sure the majority of users will upload their wares at flightsim.to - which would be a shame as the modern GUI makes it easy to navigate the site and upload and download addons - while keeping track of updates.

A little off topic - but I'll be happily partaking in XP12 - especially with the secret Aerobask project coming up, their Falcon 8X, and the incredible looking Hotstart Challenger 650 incoming.  Oh and the default Citation X, updated King Air C90, and Austin's personal Lancair Evolution.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 12/20/2021 at 7:47 PM, Brian Mackie said:

Hi,

I refuse to shop in their store over Nick's cancel culture type attitude, glad to see another alternative to the org store!! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

We now have more outlets for XP payware which is good for competition and consumer choice.  The latest new entry is iniBuild store that is coming up pretty strong and building up a bigger catalog.  At the end of the day I feel bad for LR, as they can only make money once ever 5 years (from their consumer side business). I wish they would embrace some sort of market place for a more steady revenue stream, but they haven't shown much interest in eCommerce / store front. 

Edited by Sims Smith

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

This is a game changer for me! It's really good news. (The Org is a cess pit for the more sinister and fanatical cult members.) Freeware and payware for both my favourite sims in one place. Updates are so easy easy to find, the sits is a joy to use and has greatly enhanced my enjoyment os MSFS.