Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

Bah Humbug! Not going to happen!

Congrats, my birthday is tomorrow 👍

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

14 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Probably nobody wants to have to provide support for new products over the holidays. 

Yeah, it'd be a bummer to have to rake in that holiday cash and answer some emails plus so a few forum posts.

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

3 hours ago, leprechaunlive said:

In our case (Big Radials), SU7 basically halted our productivity, delaying our release for at least 3 weeks, but most likely a bit more, since we cant make it to christmas, we decided to just enjoy some holidays instead 😄 

Enjoy your holiday!   About the upcoming release...  Can you tell us more?  :biggrin:

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

15 hours ago, fppilot said:

Today is my birthday,

Happy Birthday,Hope you have a great day 🙂

3 hours ago, Ixoye said:

Happy Birthday also,Hope you have a great day Tomorrow.🙂

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

15 hours ago, fppilot said:

Today is my birthday, so throughout life I have been acutely aware of the days left from the twenty-first to Christmas.  Always felt slighted on my birthday.  This year is no exception! Why?  All we have seen is a trickle of new offerings for MSFS, and no Christmas season releases from A2A, Milviz, or even Carenado.  I was so hoping that creators of high quality aircraft models, especially GA models, were holding off, planning to time releases to take advantage of the season and its spirit.  Obvious here on the shortest day of my year (northern hemisphere) it's not going to happen. 

Sad. 

I have heard a number of reasons for the delays, but most are now ringing hollow with me, because there have been at least some releases since inception.  Just still seems like there is some barrier in the way.

Bah Humbug!

Bah Humbug!

First of all: Happy Birthday!

Regarding some of the well known devs are heavily complaining about some nasty BUGS and lacking SDK. PMDG even took out their DC6 due some "basics" not working EVEN they have followed the SDK on these one.

The trouble they are having and the time they need, to develop a product like a nice airplane (NOT scenery) is huge. 

Thats the reason why we don´t see any complex planes in MSFS (the near or even mid range future).

I recall big promises where done months ago that some well known airplane addons would come this year. They where delayed, again delayed and still are delayed.

XBOX is the nasty thing in this. MS has an eye on the GAMERS and clearly NOT on the Simmers.

I know some of you guys here at AVSIM will shoot me for this statement. But honestly, FACT is we don´t have any of the well known developers plane in MSFS, not a single decent airliner.

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

2 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Enjoy your holiday!   About the upcoming release...  Can you tell us more?  :biggrin:

Its a JRF-6 Goose 🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Its a JRF-6 Goose 🙂

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/announcement-jrf-6-goose-big-radials/481226

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

48 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Its a JRF-6 Goose 🙂

44 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Well that looks absolutely fantastic!   I must pop over to the official forum more often.  :biggrin:

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

3 hours ago, Stoopy said:

Yeah, it'd be a bummer to have to rake in that holiday cash and answer some emails plus so a few forum posts.

Yeah, how dare people want a holiday to celebrate with family.

Isn't Christmas supposed to be all about giving?

Chris Camp

13 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Isn't Christmas supposed to be all about giving?

indeed, gimme gimme gimme.

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

19 hours ago, fppilot said:

Today is my birthday, so throughout life I have been acutely aware of the days left from the twenty-first to Christmas.  Always felt slighted on my birthday. 

I know the feeling, but because of related issues: my birthday is in early January, when everyone goes on holidays. Changing countries fixed nothing. I call this the Capricorn Curse 😝 Luckily, I can send a gift to myself 😎

But what matters most: Happy birthday to you!

7 hours ago, Ixoye said:

And to you too!

Edited by Luis Hernandez
  • Like 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON) Ryzen 7 5700X3D (with SMT off and CO -50 mV), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

1 hour ago, Matchstick said:

Yeah, how dare people want a holiday to celebrate with family.

True, however what I was implying, without trying to be snide to you in kind, is that I cant help but think there's more to it then that.  Color me skeptical but things seem as if they may be roadblocked on the development side.  If it's just a holiday break we ought to see releases (and hotfixes) flowing like wine shortly after the new year. I guess we shall see. 

Edited by Stoopy

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

29 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

True, however what I was implying, without trying to be snide to you in kind, is that I cant help but think there's more to it then that.  Color me skeptical but things seem as if they may be roadblocked on the development side.  If it's just a holiday break we ought to see releases (and hotfixes) flowing like wine shortly after the new year. I guess we shall see. 

Release will come when they are ready (hopefully).

Sim modules don't sell like AAA game and missing Xmas seem to mean very little in terms of sales.

No politics please. I’ve hidden two posts.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather