Sign in to follow this  
Eclex

Kodiak new Update Friday

5 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Well there you go then - the developers have got it wrong and they don't need their hotfix after all.

I always get a kick out of something that is noticed that is not right, then a few say.. " Oh it's perfect, you just don't know what you are doing", then the developer posts that there is definitely something wrong and a fix is on the way...... LOL

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I always get a kick out of something that is noticed that is not right, then a few say.. " Oh it's perfect, you just don't know what you are doing", then the developer posts that there is definitely something wrong and a fix is on the way...... LOL

Top post. The "experts" were completely wrong. Looking forward to this update and smoother takeoffs.  It just wasn't at all real with v1.0.  We never see the Missionary pilot fighting with the plane on takeoff to not rollover and crash 😁

• Like 3

9am EST I just checked on the SimWorks Studio website and there is no mention of an update/hotfix on their frontpage news.

BTW, website was very responsive this morning compared to when the Kodiak was released.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Discord also mentions the update. Sounds like we will be able to download soon. 

2 minutes ago, Danno said:

Discord also mentions the update. Sounds like we will be able to download soon. 

I think the holdup now, which they mentioned, was that they wanted a couple of real world Kodiak pilots that work with them  to test fly the update to see if they approve. Might be difficult to do over the holidays. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

Update available.
Check your mails.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I got the email, however, I don't see an update on the Downloads page.  Is the update the full installer dated 12/20/21 and 644MB ?

Edit, yes this is the update, the date changes to 12/24 when you finish the download.  659MB

Edited by MarkW
  • Like 1

Mark   CYYZ      

10 minutes ago, MarkW said:

I got the email, however, I don't see an update on the Downloads page.  Is the update the full installer dated 12/20/21 and 644MB ?

I tried using the link provided in the email and same luck as you. I'll try later.

-J

2 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

I tried using the link provided in the email and same luck as you. I'll try later.

I got the download, used direct download link from the downloads page and, right click and select open on new page.  it downloaded.

Mark   CYYZ      

7 minutes ago, MarkW said:

I got the download, used direct download link from the downloads page and, right click and select open on new page.  it downloaded.

Tried that. Showed as v1.0

OK. Tried again and version changed.

Edited by Twenty6
speelign

-J

Nothing from Just Flight ...yet.

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

Simmarket now has a 20211224 download.

"package_version": "1.0.4"

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

So, just run the installer again? Guess I'll try and see what happens...

It seemed to install, so, yeah...just run it again.

Having the P-factor effects tuned a bit sounds good to me.

Edited by RichieFly

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Just doing a flight now, I loaded 4 pax plus some cargo, still 1000 lbs below Max weight and I notice the engine cannot go over max TRQ like it did before.  Climb out was very sluggish.  Probably due to my weight, interested to see what others find on the engine power.

Mark   CYYZ      

CHANGELOG FOR SWS KODIAK 1.0.4
>Reduced excessive propwash and P-Factor causing the plane to lose control at aft CG takeoffs
>Fixed tail wobbling beyond 30 kts
>Fixed floating stitches in Summit interior
>Fixed aircraft.cfg entries that precluded ATC from calling custom campaigns and tail numbers.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.