Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Orbx should be dancing in the streets....

10 minutes ago, newtie said:

I've built several of my own systems. I'm in a position to have them built for me now.

I don't miss sweating that post beep one bit. :gaul:

Building them is part of the fun to me 

• Like 4

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

24 minutes ago, newtie said:

I've built several of my own systems. I'm in a position to have them built for me now.

I don't miss sweating that post beep one bit. :gaul:

Perhaps you should also hire someone to install and debug P3D for you then 🙂

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 4

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

3 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

Perhaps you should also hire someone to install (and use) P3D for you. 

"Seriously?".... He has the assets to get one built for him and for that...I say thumb's up!    This is not laziness, this is a statement of success!  

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

"Seriously?".... He has the assets to get one built for him and for that...I say thumb's up!    This is not laziness, this is a statement of success!  

Of course it is not laziness, just a critique regarding overpriced offerings from Jetline. As a teenager I also thought that Alienware computers were magically superior. Now I just know better...

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

19 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

Of course it is not laziness, just a critique regarding overpriced offerings from Jetline. As a teenager I also thought that Alienware computers were magically superior. Now I just know better...

Speaking of overpriced, did you see the $7,000 CPU they have. Wow....

Happy New Year!

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

I to prefer to build my own because most builders don’t offer exactly the configuration I might want. On the other hand, it’s all on you when building your own, and I totally understand that lots of people don’t want to have to deal with those issues. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GCBraun said:

2700 USD for a 3060Ti build? No thank you. Perhaps for those that do not know/like to build their own systems. 

And  I can Build for $3.5-$4K  CAD same config and they charge $5100 US.....These guys are dizzy with pricing. I built my own last December. When time comes I'll build one more. I think it's overkill.....Just spent $1800 for G9 Odyssey....I'll be good for next year or so.

And that's me talking...Had no clue how to open the box...but I did it (with terrible wire management though 🙂 )

Learned everything on YT and here on AVSIM....took me 2 days but hey...she is (was) powerful....

Edited by cyyzrwy24
  • Like 3

Alex 

I built my current PC two years ago (the first time I had ever done this). Not the most powerful PC on the block (my finances were limited), but I am extremely proud of myself for doing it. I had the rear of the case open this morning because I needed to switch a SATA port connection to one of my hard disks after installing an NVMe M2 SSD (another first for me), and I was impressed all over again at just what a fine job I had made of it :biggrin: Two years later, it is still performing flawlessly :cool:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 hours ago, GCBraun said:

Perhaps you should also hire someone to install and debug P3D for you then 🙂

I'd pay for that right now...  Sadly the gentleman who used to provide that service passed.  I am totally blanking on his name as well.  Shame on me!  Michael something? 

• Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Very happy with 5.3. 

Bought Narita, Haneda, Hiroshima, Kansai, Kobe, Fukuoka, Shanghai (both airports), Xiamen, Kunming, two Okinawa airports, Seoul (both airports) and Jeju this week and will likely get more. Plus Osaka, Shanghai, Tokyo and Seoul city scenery.  

Don’t blame me if P3D addons aren’t selling. 

Edited by flycln
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Orbie has a year of end sale going....30-40 % off....taking a look...

Get EGPH or LGKO.  then fly in there at night.  Let me know how you get on.

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

43 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

installing an NVMe M2 SSD

LOL....Well, I bought it at the same time as MB and everything else and it was pretty easy to assemble. It took me 4 hrs to figure where CPU water pump wires go but it was very obvious and simple but....But than, when I turned PC first time on, at 4 AM with W10 media stick and after installation finished I couldn't figure why I can't use the internet. Just after less than 2 hrs I finally figured that I don't have a card...LOL. Slept for couple hrs and had to go  buy one and to open box again to install....Than after that I figured that I installed Windows on wrong hard drive....and on and on. But I had fun. And I'll do it again but I learned a lot.

Alex 

3 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I would trust Jetline over Dell any day.  Building one's own custom PC is NOT for everyone, there is actually A LOT to know to get the best possible results for any given $$$ price point.  I've offered to help folks with PC builds, but no takers.

Cheers, Rob.

Dell served me well for 6 years....

I'll keep that in mind next time for fine tune tricks....  🙂 🙂

Edited by cyyzrwy24

Alex 

42 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

Get EGPH or LGKO.  then fly in there at night.  Let me know how you get on.

EGPH at night is fixed, don't know when that happened but it is fixed. No more brightness overload.