Sign in to follow this  
JPR

ATC voices very weak - P2A Beta2f7

I too have the very low ATC voices.  When I adjust the comm panel volume in P2A it works great for chatter, but does very little for the ATC radio frequency voices, it does change ATC radio volume but it is not loud enough..  I have adjusted all the individual voice settings to 100, and tested that the volume does change by these settings. The only way I can hear ATC is to crank up windows volume.  When testing voices thru P2A the sound is fine, when I test the frequency radio test at bottom of the voices tab ATC sounds super low. Went back off the beta and ATC is acceptable coming across the radios again.    Running Windows 11. 

Reduce the volume of your sim then increase the overall volume for everything else by increasing you master volume level on your device. I run X-Plane at 50% and everything else but master at 100%. It's not ideal but some voice packs especially Ivona ones are very quiet compared to Cereproc for example.

Cheers, Andy.

I am running public beta 1a.  My ATC voices were not very loud, so I went into the P2A config menu and changed them all from 75% (default) to 100%.  This helped, but the ATC voices were still not as loud as the pilot voices.  I went into the P2A COM Frequency menu, and there is a menu for setting volume via mute, up, or down buttons with a green bar at the bottom.  The green bar was at about 75%.  I clicked the volume up and down buttons, but the green bar never moves.  If it matters, I did all of this during a flight with an active flight plan.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

Hello Dave   🙂
P2A v2.6.3.0 PublicBeta1a

Com Control panel:
COM1 is active. The volume bar graph is at about 75%. The Up and Dn buttons do not move the value in the bar graph, it stays at about 75%.
However, if I switch to COM2, the Up and Dn buttons do change the content of the bar graph (green area).
If I switch back to COM1, the bar graph keeps the setting made with COM2.

Note: by pushing the volume to the maximum with the Up button, the bar graph does not fill up completely in green, but maybe the software considers that it is at 100%.

----

In this PublicBeta1a, the "Taxi Mnt" button no longer works. The Taxi Mnt window no longer appears.

Edited by JPR

*** Jean-Pierre *** (french user)

X-Plane v12.0.9-rc5 - Windows 10 Pro // Laptop MSI GS75 Stealth dual screens ; RAM : 32 Go DDR4 @ 3200 MHz ; CPU: I9-10980HK @ 5.3 GHz ; GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Super - VRAM 8 Go  ; 1 disk SSD : 2 To // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + Saitek Throttle Quadrant + rudder pedals MFG Crosswing // TrackIR_5

I just uploaded 2.6.3.0 Beta 1b.

It fixes the problem with TaxiMnt not showing and a couple of other things.

I could not replicate the problem with the volume bar sticking at 75%.  The volume should go up and down regardless of which COM Channel you are on and it will set the volume to the same value for both channels.

The indicator bar does stop going up just a little before it touches the right side of the bar.

Thanks for the reports.

Dave

If a SAPI voice is playing you can’t move the volume slider, once it stops you can move it again. 

Cheers, Andy.

I tried launching P2ATC/MSFS again and then validating and filing a flight plan without actually starting the flight.  I then went into the P2ATC COM1 and COM2 control panels, and I was able to raise the green bar with the Up and Dn buttons.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

Hello Dave   🙂
P2A v2.6.3.0 PublicBeta1b

TaxiMnt feature:
When I click on the "TaxiMnt" button, the TaxiMnt window opens correctly now. But it is the "Config" button that turns green, not the "TaxiMnt" button. When I close the TaxiMnt window, the "Config" button remains lit in green. I have to click twice on the "Config" button to turn it off.

Taxi-Mnt-Config-button.jpg

X-Plane v12.0.9-rc5 - Windows 10 Pro // Laptop MSI GS75 Stealth dual screens ; RAM : 32 Go DDR4 @ 3200 MHz ; CPU: I9-10980HK @ 5.3 GHz ; GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Super - VRAM 8 Go  ; 1 disk SSD : 2 To // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + Saitek Throttle Quadrant + rudder pedals MFG Crosswing // TrackIR_5

Hello Dave   🙂
P2A v2.6.3.0 PublicBeta1b

With this new Beta1c, in the COM Control Panel window, the Up and Dn buttons now act correctly on the bar graph (COM1 or COM2) and  full green at 100%   👍

Hi, I am also having issues with the ATC voice volume. Even if I increase the volume in the com panel, the ATC voices are very low and difficult to understand. The pilot voice is at a normal volume, tough. And the chatter is actually quite loud, to the point I can´t use my headset. If I decrease the global volume to make it more acceptable, the ATC voices are no longer discernible (except the pilot´s voice)

The volume of all voices in the config page is set at 100%

The latest version has a setting for Chatter volume on  the Sounds tab of Config.

Turn down the Chatter volume there and raise  the other volumes to make the ATC Voices sound right.

Also, you can check the Windows Volume Mixer (Speaker on t ask bar) and make sure P2A is turned all the way up.

Dave

Might this have anything to do with the Sounds menu communication tab where we at times have to pick something other then “Do nothing” click apply and then re-click “Do nothing” and hit apply. This always cures my intermittent voice sound problems in P3D. I’m not saying I’ve tested it for this problem but I offer it as a shot in the dark for what I’m reading here.

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2