Sign in to follow this  
Mejjo

P3D 5.3 Hotfix 2 released

26 minutes ago, 787flyer said:

Does this resolve the ongoing issues with GSX menus (and similar related Simconnect menus) where the missionpanel.cfg required some config settings to revert to scaleform? I believe this was related to HTML5 being problematic.

It should, at least this is what I read on LM devs forum. It seems in 5.3 the HTML5 runtime (which is a middleware not made by LM) was updated to a newer version, which seems to have bugs which caused the freezes/crashes. With this Hotfix, LM has reverted to an earlier version of the Html middleware and added some extra checks to prevent possible issues so, we hope the problem is resolved.

I'm using the conditional because, even with the previous hotfix, I never managed to get a crash with the menu, so I can't say if there has been an improvement, but surely LM worked on it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, virtuali said:

It should, at least this is what I read on LM devs forum. It seems in 5.3 the HTML5 runtime (which is a middleware not made by LM) was updated to a newer version, which seems to have bugs which caused the freezes/crashes. With this Hotfix, LM has reverted to an earlier version of the Html middleware and added some extra checks to prevent possible issues so, we hope the problem is resolved.

I'm using the conditional because, even with the previous hotfix, I never managed to get a crash with the menu, so I can't say if there has been an improvement, but surely LM worked on it.

Exactly my thoughts too.....

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

I wish orbx would update and add more pbr. Even for a charge 

Yes....I have wished this too.....! I would love to see them do this....

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, virtuali said:

Thanks Umberto for the reply and again responding in the forum here. It is much appreciated.

I will try it out and give it a whirl. I was one of those that it did affect when I upgraded from v5.1 HF1 to v5.3 HF1+.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Does the official so-called performance improvement and stutter reduction mean that I still need to limit the number of frames (such as 30 frames or 40 frames) to achieve FPS stabilization? Do you have any official suggestions? Do you have to limit the number of frames, or can you use an unlimited number of frames to achieve smoothness without stuttering?
I am I9-9900K+2080ti+32G RAM+2T M.2

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cdv0007 said:

Does the official so-called performance improvement and stutter reduction mean that I still need to limit the number of frames (such as 30 frames or 40 frames) to achieve FPS stabilization? Do you have any official suggestions? Do you have to limit the number of frames, or can you use an unlimited number of frames to achieve smoothness without stuttering?

This hot fix did not improve performance, it only fixed the issue with FPS tanking and stuttering in specific scenarios. Only you can decide if running unlimited vs. locked is better for your specific setup.

14 minutes ago, cdv0007 said:

What I do is set unlimited on the slider, VSYNC=OFF and in Nvidia Control Panel, Manage 3D Settings, Program Settings tab, choose Prepar3D.exe profile, Restore/Apply, Set Max Frame Rate to a division of the monitor refresh. I set a 30fps cap on a 60Hz monitor. Use P3D Display Settings that do not have the main thread reach 100%, otherwise demand above 100% equates to frame rate loss. Alternatively the VSYNC=ON can be used to cap the fps if the monitor can be set to an appropriate refresh rate such as 30Hz, however this has an impact on the smoothness of the mouse movement. Setting the slider in the sim to example 30fps will output frames at a consistent time interval (it is not a cap) but since this requires look-ahead frames present in the buffer, the main thread will be running at or near 100%.

I have found that overall the fps delta (change in fps during capped operation) has improved by around 40% (using Ideal Flight as a test harness) with this hotfix, so that will show as smoother frames in the sim.

Edited by SteveW
  • Like 2

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

34 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Yes....I have wished this too.....! I would love to see them do this....

Yes, Orbx Global , Buildings HD and Terra Flora V2 updated for PBR and V4.5+ design specs would make Prepar3d really shine. If LM could Liscence ORBX to do that for V6, combined with OC as Rob suggested,  it would be amazing. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SteveW said:

What I do is set unlimited on the slider, VSYNC=OFF and in Nvidia Control Panel, Manage 3D Settings, Program Settings tab, choose Prepar3D.exe profile, Restore/Apply, Set Max Frame Rate to a division of the monitor refresh. I set a 30fps cap on a 60Hz monitor. Use P3D Display Settings that do not have the main thread reach 100%, otherwise demand above 100% equates to frame rate loss. Alternatively the VSYNC=ON can be used to cap the fps if the monitor can be set to an appropriate refresh rate such as 30Hz, however this has an impact on the smoothness of the mouse movement. Setting the slider in the sim to example 30fps will output frames at a consistent time interval (it is not a cap) but since this requires look-ahead frames present in the buffer, the main thread will be running at or near 100%.

I have found that overall the fps delta (change in fps during capped operation) has improved by around 40% (using Ideal Flight as a test harness) with this hotfix, so that will show as smoother frames in the sim.

What do you mean, in the NV settings, the CPU utilization was limited to 30FPS, and now it can be limited to 40-42FPS?

thank you very much !

Just now, cdv0007 said:

What do you mean, in the NV settings, the CPU utilization was limited to 30FPS, and now it can be limited to 40-42FPS?

thank you very much !

CPU utilisation by the main thread schedulers is limited by capping the frame rate in the Nvidia 3D Settings Prepar3D.exe profile and using Unlimited on the slider and VSYNC=OFF in P3D Display Settings. Or by setting a lower refresh frequency on the monitor and choosing VSYNC=ON.

• Upvote 1

...so to reduce CPU utilisation more we can further limit the fps with the cap or further reduce P3D Display settings to get less than 100% on the main thread. If we want more fps above the cap or to increase the fps cap, we need the simulator to demand less work by decreasing the Display Settings. Also we must make sure the main thread schedulers are on cores that are free from other processes. 

13 minutes ago, FrankSalo said:

Yes, Orbx Global , Buildings HD and Terra Flora V2 updated for PBR and V4.5+ design specs would make Prepar3d really shine. If LM could Liscence ORBX to do that for V6, combined with OC as Rob suggested,  it would be amazing. 

It seems ORBX has next to zero interest in p3d these days.  I have no idea how long it would take to PBR the textures.  But I think a decent amount of people would buy it. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 hours ago, RAMMSTEIN1977 said:

Chaseplane works ? or wait for Update 

It's already updated.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

It's already updated.

Automatic No action required.

• Like 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.