Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

Impressions on SU8 (Beta)

I'll need to investigate a little more, but I'm pretty sure I've seen aircraft crossing my airport at high speed and low altitude several times. I do not have simple traffic. Only AIG.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

37 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

So let me get this straight. Reading between the lines you are outraged that they released a pre-release beta with bugs in it? And are further annoyed that they haven't patched it yet to your satisfaction? As far as I am aware SU8 isn't due for release until March 1st. You might want to keep your hat on until then.

They didn't update the beta last time, they've included new bugs in this beta, history shows they may not update this beta. I hope they do of course, so my hat is firmly on but I'm not naive enough to think they definitely will release a new beta build.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

At the risk of being told to install the beta and see for myself,  I'd like to ask if they've made any changes yet to the flight planner or started to incorporate work done by WT into the default G1000?  Their notes make it unclear (to me).

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

They didn't update the beta last time, they've included new bugs in this beta, history shows they may not update this beta. I hope they do of course, so my hat is firmly on but I'm not naive enough to think they definitely will release a new beta build.

As far as I can see there is no need for them to patch the beta? It seems perfectly stable to me and I am quite happy with it. Bugs? What bugs? Are you confusing things you would like improved with bugs?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sightseer said:

At the risk of being told to install the beta and see for myself,  I'd like to ask if they've made any changes yet to the flight planner or started to incorporate work done by WT into the default G1000?  Their notes make it unclear (to me).

Why would you use the default G 1000 when the NXI is so  much better and is free???

• Like 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Why would you use the default G 1000 when the NXI is so  much better and is free???

I'm pretty sure that WT's work will eventually become the default. hence my question.

• Like 1

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

6 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

As far as I can see there is no need for them to patch the beta? It seems perfectly stable to me and I am quite happy with it. Bugs? What bugs? Are you confusing things you would like improved with bugs?

Ok just because you don't see bugs in VR doesn't mean they don't exist, go to the beta forum and do some reading or continue in your ig nor ant bliss, your choice.

Edited by MarcG
  • Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

9 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Ok just because you don't see bugs in VR doesn't mean they don't exist, go to the beta forum and do some reading or continue in your word not allowed bliss, your choice.

As you can't use VR on an XBox I don't suppose Asobo are very worried. And I don't see why they should be. You may not like the fact but MSFS is not a charitable endeavour. I've no doubt they will get round to sorting out VR sooner or later.

Edited by jarmstro

7 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

As you can't use VR on an XBox I don't suppose Asobo are very worried. And I don't see why they should be. You may not like the fact but MSFS is not a charitable endevour.

Dear Christ mate please respect that there are bugs, some of which that are affecting other areas of the title other than Xbox. If you can't understand that then bully to you but please don't defend something you clearly haven't got a clue about. 🙄

Edited by MarcG
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Dear Christ mate please respect that there are bugs, some of which that are affecting other areas of the title other than Xbox. If you can't understand that then bully to you but please don't defend something you clearly haven't got a clue about. 🙄

What bugs? ( PS. With respect I am not your 'mate'.)

Edited by jarmstro

5 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

What bugs? ( PS. With respect I am not your 'mate'.)

Go and look at the beta forum and read for yourself MATE

Edited by MarcG
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Ah! They all seem pretty paltry to me but I guess some people are never happy. As I have said the beta seems OK to me. Is there room for improvement? Of course there is.

Would you cut it out already?

You're being really disingenuous here, if you just wanted to annoy and troll MarcG then just say so,

Enough with the excuses for the bad behavior please, it's getting old.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2