Sign in to follow this  
tup61

AU: awful colors

It seems everyone loves the latest WU of down under but in all honesty... I think the colors of the ground textures are awful... It is way too obvious I am flying over really bad Bing textures. Things look too magenta or too blueish green and the colors change all the time during a flight, often with very hard and obvious lines. You simply see the bad Bing tiles. I can't enjoy AU at all due to this. Yikes. Am I the only one??? I tried to love this update for a few weeks but I am leaving Australia now... It's immersion killing to me... 

27 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Am I the only one??? 

Specify the exact places that seem bad to you , it doesn't make sense otherwise as Australia is so vast. Where I flew, the coloring was pretty much OK even better that pre-WU in some regions of  the red desert. 

But this is also very subjective and depends of our monitor settings specially if you use Nvidia game filters.

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, tup61 said:

It seems everyone loves the latest WU of down under but in all honesty... I think the colors of the ground textures are awful... It is way too obvious I am flying over really bad Bing textures. Things look too magenta or too blueish green and the colors change all the time during a flight, often with very hard and obvious lines. You simply see the bad Bing tiles. I can't enjoy AU at all due to this. Yikes. Am I the only one??? I tried to love this update for a few weeks but I am leaving Australia now... It's immersion killing to me... 

Try MSFS2020 Map Enhancement Mod

https://flightsim.to/file/19345/msfs-2020-google-map-replacement

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

The Map Enhancement mod works really well - especially when combined with Bijan's 4-Season mod which colours the base tiles slightly (based on season).

As Dominique_K suggested - gives us an idea of a couple of areas worst affected and we could maybe do you some comparison shots.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

7 hours ago, tup61 said:

I tried to love this update for a few weeks but I am leaving Australia now... It's immersion killing to me... 

That's funny, I thought the same thing about Paris before/after the WU and London.  Both cities look like a glob fest when you fly over the more dense areas.  AU is by far better and there's progression that I wish the other cities could get.

• Like 2

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

7 hours ago, SierraHotel said:

Doesn't work well for me.  I love the Google textures in the places I fly, but I get constant delays to the servers that leads to blurry textures.  Port 443 are the errors I get with the app not downloading textures for long periods.

Very frustrating as I know many don't have this issue.  The developer wasn't able to find the issue and suggested something on my system is blocking port 443.  Damned if I know what the issue is.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

I have exactly the same feeling about of the Bing ground textures colors.

I use Google Map without any problem with the old version and now with the new one.

The easiest thing is not to try Google Map... and if you insist the hardest is to go back to Bing...

I love what i see !!! The overall rendering is much more realistic. I added to that REX AccuSeason and Nvidia Freestyle and it's another world.

I'm ready to pay a monthly subscription for even better aerial imagery. If anyone could hear me...

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

Not having any particular issues with the colours in my local area.

The Australian landscape, at least where I live - actually IS blueish green. All those gum trees.   It is just how it is,

Just down the road from me:

d2fcb000ef3af41613b9e85495e95c27_-new-so

..and the aptly named Blue Mountains near Sydney ...the-blue-mountains-new-south-wales.jpg

blue-mountains-from-everglades.jpg?w=584

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 14

The same for the hills round Ooty in India and for the same reason.

Edited by harrry

Harry Woodrow

You could also try this:-

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Give ReShade a try, you can adjust the game to look just the way you want. I cant play MSFS without it. Tons of filters and you can hotkey your fav ones.

In your case you wold enable the colour filter and then play with the sliders to reduce them (full left = b&W) . Lots of presents out there too. Easy to install and remove.

https://reshade.me/

• Upvote 1

it looks pretty good to me, its my fav place to fly now.

i have much more problemes wih usa textures, near grand canyon, way too greenish.

I like the reshade idea. Now .... if only there was a utility called treeshade to get rid of those pesky trees!

I have lived in Australia for all of my life.

Born and Raised in Western Australia.

I spent twenty years in the Military, and lived in other countries for extended periods.

I also got to travel a great deal of the world, we might say sail.

I'm am a One Eyed Aussie, and the colours of our country represent our ancestor's who were here well before we settled this Great land.

The colours of Australia, are my backyard, and they are pretty bloody GREAT.

We live in a Sun burnt country of extremes, from deserts to tropical rain forests, This is one of the BEST upgrades to MSFS.

Yes I Know, a Biased Australian, you better believe it, FANTASTIC COLOURS.

Regards Brian

(BJ from Oz)

Edited by baxterbj
  • Like 3