Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Might want to avoid the new GForce Experience.

It automatically adjusts your performance to increase battery life on your computer. So if your desktop PC is running off of a storage battery instead of pluged into the A.C. mains, this may be a nice feature. Also for laptops. Otherwise not so much. I don't yet see a way to turn this 'wonderful' feature off.  But there may be a way.

The color, vibrancy, contrast controls may be nice but I would recommend you pay attention to any threads about the new version. Because any day now the inevitable window will likely pop up over your screen. To advertise a new edition of Gforce being ready to download. Right after downloading it will automatically install itself without you taking any further action.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Degrading performance to save battery drain on a computer that doesn't run on a battery would seem to be a self-evident problem to me.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fielder said:

It automatically adjusts your performance to increase battery life on your computer. So if your desktop PC is running off of a storage battery instead of pluged into the A.C. mains, this may be a nice feature. Also for laptops. Otherwise not so much. I don't yet see a way to turn this 'wonderful' feature off.  But there may be a way.

The color, vibrancy, contrast controls may be nice but I would recommend you pay attention to any threads about the new version. Because any day now the inevitable window will likely pop up over your screen. To advertise a new edition of Gforce being ready to download. Right after downloading it will automatically install itself without you taking any further action.

just turn it off 

Funny, I installed last night and it does not have that setting on my Pc.....

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

4 minutes ago, Ed_S_Pilot said:

Funny, I installed last night and it does not have that setting on my Pc.....

has it on my laptop but not on my pc so i think geforceforce knows if your using a pc or laptop 

• Like 2

Never installed GE Force Experience and never will. Bloatware that uses system resources including memory and CPU cycles to run. When it comes to MSFS specifically, I prefer a fast PC to a fat PC.😉

• Like 15
  • Upvote 3

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Yeah I think it is generally a good idea to avoid it.  You can pick to install just the drivers in an option when you reinstall.  It will go in and change the graphic settings in your games without you knowing it.  My clouds kept changing to the really low rez ones when this first came out, and I figured it was the sim, but it was Experience trying to "optimize" my game. 

I'd rather just set my own settings and leave them. 

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Nothing will change here.

ns

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

7 hours ago, eslader said:

Degrading performance to save battery drain on a computer that doesn't run on a battery would seem to be a self-evident problem to me.

When i had my RTX 2080 Super i made 100% sure not to install it to avoid all issues. I still dont recommend installing it UNLESS  you intend to use its filters. Driver only install to remove all doubt as to who is really in control of game display settings because some will not notice that this "experience" can change your settings on its own if you don't check or uncheck a box.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

12 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

Never installed GE Force Experience and never will. Bloatware that uses system resources including memory and CPU cycles to run. When it comes to MSFS specifically, I prefer a fast PC to a fat PC.😉

It is if you leave everything default after installing it. It's features can be enabled/disabled.

• Like 1

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

17 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

Welcome to 2022, where such apps are used by millions of people without any performance degradation. Just like Steam, Epic Games Store, Discord and other things you don't seem to gasp after exiting your cave 😄

Edited by Pastaiolo
  • Like 7

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I have GE Force Exp. installed for the game filters and Shadowplay which is an excellent video recording app. I don’t see any ill effect on my weak computer valiantly moving pixels at 30 FPS in MSFS. So it ain’t bloatware for me.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Geforce experience isn't required and you can deselect it when installing the driver.