Sign in to follow this  
109Sqn

What has SU8 broken? (the monthly broken thread!)

Already a few threads on individual issues so it's about time we started a list. So I'll get things started:

Opening Nav Log and starting the timer, the timer should still be running if you close the Nav Log widow (as opposed to minimising it) and reopen it later in the flight. But now the timer is reset to zero when the Nav Log is reopened.

Edited by 109Sqn
Added '?' to title.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

16 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

Already a few threads on individual issues so it's about time we started a list. So I'll get things started:

Opening Nav Log and starting the timer, the timer should still be running if you close the Nav Log widow (as opposed to minimising it) and reopen it later in the flight. But now the timer is reset to zero when the Nav Log is reopened.

Was this identified during the open beta?  Open beta was running for almost three weeks. Either other people didn't identify this bug, or this bug is so low in priority, nobody bothered to log this bug.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

13 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Was this identified during the open beta?

Good question. I wasn't involved in the beta. Could be I'm one of only a few people who ever bother to use the timer, and it's not the biggest of issues for me (as I only use it occasionally), more of an inconvenience.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

10 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

Good question. I wasn't involved in the beta. Could be I'm one of only a few people who ever bother to use the timer, and it's not the biggest of issues for me (as I only use it occasionally), more of an inconvenience.

Yeah, just log it in Zendesk. I think so few people used this in the open beta, that nobody bothered to log it.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Content manager is getting overridden by the update when starting MSFS. I deleted 6.3 gig of bloatware( Livery's, useless aircraft, airports that conflict etc) And I have to re download it all again as a mandatory update!

tpewpb-6.png

Extremity Dead Zone and Reactivity are not saved in Controls, Sensitivity. This was identified in the beta but not fixed.

If you apply and save, it will work in the current flight. But, when you exit MSFS 2020 and restart, the two settings revert back to default.

9OzEvQ7.png

Edited by flyblueskies
  • Like 3

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

When closing and reopening the ATC menu, the ATC messages in the window kept scrolling up to the beginning. To read the last message you have to scroll down completely.

Also reported in the beta but was not solved.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

The TBM930 tail number is no longer visible . Other aircraft seem OK.  ??

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

Keyboard press inputs have become oversensitive, repeat too quickly. First noticed when using keyboard to select saved views. View jumps back and forth almost instantly on single press.

• Like 6

Randomly with live weather, no live weather clouds appear, just tiny popcorn clouds all over the world. Restart flight and clouds come back. This was detected during beta also. 

C. Uygar

Aircraft Maint. Engineer. at LTFJ

3 minutes ago, spitzer45 said:

Randomly with live weather, no live weather clouds appear, just tiny popcorn clouds all over the world. Restart flight and clouds come back. This was detected during beta also. 

+1

I've notice the same issue flying over eastern Europe.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I noticed this…

20 minutes ago, Simple B said:

Keyboard press inputs have become oversensitive, repeat too quickly. First noticed when using keyboard to select saved views. View jumps back and forth almost instantly on single press.

and this…

16 hours ago, flyblueskies said:

When closing and reopening the ATC menu, the ATC messages in the window kept scrolling up to the beginning. To read the last message you have to scroll down completely.

in the beta but actually thought I had some sort of control conflict issue, I actually posted a thread here about it.  Interesting to know it seems to be an SU8 issue and I can stop chasing down conflicts that don’t exist.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

52 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I noticed this…

and this…

in the beta but actually thought I had some sort of control conflict issue, I actually posted a thread here about it.  Interesting to know it seems to be an SU8 issue and I can stop chasing down conflicts that don’t exist.

Noticed both these issues last night.. A little annoying especially since i like to toggle the ATC screen on and off as needed and then have to scroll the txt all the way back to the most recent transmission. 

I presume the keyboard oversensitivity explains why my assigned button to bring up the atc window now only works sometimes as well.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

18 hours ago, flyblueskies said:

Also reported in the beta but was not solved.

Beta items may require longer term fixes due to dependencies or other unknowns including in-flight stuff.

ns

Edited by bean_sprout

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

3 hours ago, Eclex said:

The TBM930 tail number is no longer visible . Other aircraft seem OK.  ??

Try Livery.1  For some reason the default livery has problems.. it also does not work with the Improvement Mod.

Bert