Sign in to follow this  
cchiozza

FBW A320 HARD Stutters

How do you turn copilot off? I did not know it was on. I missed that. Tried DEV and same thing just hard predictable stutter. Its a new machine 12900KF 3080. All other planes are fine. I am not sure what else to try.

Chris Chiozza

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

I'm on the experimental and I do have VNAV. It's not 100% ok, but it's fine !

Odd. Mine doesn't.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Adrian123 said:
4 hours ago, jcomm said:

I'm on the experimental and I do have VNAV. It's not 100% ok, but it's fine !

Odd. Mine doesn't.

You still need to plan your own top of descent. But, if you have all the altitude constraints dialed in for your arrival and start the plane down on managed mode, it will not go below an altitude constraint, and once it's past it, it will automatically descend down to the next step. Works flawlessly. 

Example. I'm at FL390 and the final approach fix is 3,000. With all my constraints in the FMC per the STAR, I can put 3,000 in the altitude selector and just press the ALT knob in. It'll stop at or befoew the first waypoint, lets say FL170, once it's past that, it knows the next constraint is say, FL110 and it will automatically start descending again for that target. 

Edited by Bdub22

As per @Bdub22 above. That's how I presently "VNAV" in the FBW A320 Experimental, but I've just opted for the Development variant now for more testing.

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020... 

I also noticed in my recent flight that it handles speed constraints much better. Not sure how new this is, as I don't get to fly as much as I'd like, but it will now maintain current speed until about 5 miles out from a waypoint with a restriction. Prior to this it would always apply the speed restriction for the entire leg leading up to that waypoint.

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

There is no VNAV or custom FMS v2.0 in the experimental version as of right now, only other various improvements including constraint logic and LNAV improvements.

• Like 3

Please do not contact me via DM for support or help with the A32NX mod. We recommend using our help channel on our Discord.

1 hour ago, Bdub22 said:

You still need to plan your own top of descent.

Then that technically is not VNAV mode. Why do people make those statements or do they not know what what true VNAV is?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

You still need to plan your own top of descent. But, if you have all the altitude constraints dialed in for your arrival and start the plane down on managed mode, it will not go below an altitude constraint, and once it's past it, it will automatically descend down to the next step. Works flawlessly. 

Example. I'm at FL390 and the final approach fix is 3,000. With all my constraints in the FMC per the STAR, I can put 3,000 in the altitude selector and just press the ALT knob in. It'll stop at or befoew the first waypoint, lets say FL170, once it's past that, it knows the next constraint is say, FL110 and it will automatically start descending again for that target. 

Ok... thats also how I use the AC but thats just the autopilot  respecting constraints.. not VNAV.. at least in My opinion. Until we have proper TOD and a actual VNAV with proper RNAV and hopefully RNP... there's no vnav implementation as yet...

Unless you want to download the files from their  experimental vnav branch from their github and futz around with getting that to work.

Edit.. on my phone.. just saw that @IcemanFBW responded as well.

Edited by Maxis

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Oddly, I too am experience hard stutters using the latest experimental version with the last msfs update.  Never had an issue before but I am off to do a series of tests to try to nail down the when, where and what of this for my PC at least.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

The experimental version seems indeed to be responsible for the hard stutters at the moment. I had the same problem yesterday - including missing FD markers on the PFD. Went back to the development version today and had a very smooth flight without any problems from EDDL to EGLL including a lot of AIG-traffic and some other add-ons in this area. 

11 hours ago, cchiozza said:

How do you turn copilot off? I did not know it was on. I missed that. Tried DEV and same thing just hard predictable stutter. Its a new machine 12900KF 3080. All other planes are fine. I am not sure what else to try.

just turn the brightness of the ND and PFD all the way down and it will switch off the displays

• Like 1

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

Couldn't experience any stutters with the Experimental version, no matter how long ( up to 5,5 hrs ) my flights lasted, so last night experimented with Developer and the same applies - smooth from beginning to the end.

.) I am on Win 11;

.) I am on DX 11 because of the FBW, otherwise I would keep DX12 which works beautifully in Win 11;

Recently I suggested one of the forum member ( ega ) to migrate to Win11 which he did. I am curious about the performance he gets from it compared to Win 10.

For me Win 11 is one of the best versions of Windows, maybe on pair with Win XP. Wouldn't look back even if Win 10  called...

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020... 

12 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Couldn't experience any stutters with the Experimental version, no matter how long ( up to 5,5 hrs ) my flights lasted, so last night experimented with Developer and the same applies - smooth from beginning to the end.

.) I am on Win 11;

.) I am on DX 11 because of the FBW, otherwise I would keep DX12 which works beautifully in Win 11;

Recently I suggested one of the forum member ( ega ) to migrate to Win11 which he did. I am curious about the performance he gets from it compared to Win 10.

For me Win 11 is one of the best versions of Windows, maybe on pair with Win XP. Wouldn't look back even if Win 10  called...

exactly my experience and observation, for both FBW exp and Win11. Just smooth

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

4 hours ago, jcomm said:

.) I am on Win 11;

I wonder why the FBW doesn't like DX12? Are there any other planes similarly afflicted? I'd switch otherwise.