Sign in to follow this  
cchiozza

FBW A320 HARD Stutters

Trying to get rid of these stutters I did remove a few of my mods, including Modern UI, AIG Traffic and 3rd party A32NX liveries. So far I am now running stutter free. Could this have been the culprit, I wonder?

• Like 1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

On 3/9/2022 at 1:11 PM, JimBrown said:

Not advisable at the moment. They are doing a lot of work with VNAV that breaks things fairly often in the experimental version. Best to use the development version for now. Which also gets frequent updates (almost daily) but those updates do not break things. Also, there is no support for the experimental version. If something is not working, you can report it on their discord, but you will not receive any help resolving it. The development version does receive support.

...jim

I use it all the time and fly sometimes 3 times a day. Had fewer problems with experimental than either of the other two.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

What happens if you use the installer to install the dev version and when you update content you check the FBW there? I noticed there were 2 installs of the FBW in the Appdata directory. I did a clean restore of my roaming/flight simulator backup and did not select the FBW in content mgr. I then installed the dev version using the installer. I am not getting the hard stutters so far. Could this have been the problem?

Chris Chiozza

3 hours ago, jarmstro said:

I wonder why the FBW doesn't like DX12? Are there any other planes similarly afflicted? I'd switch otherwise.

They mention it has to do with some of the cockpit graphics:

Recommended Settings - FlyByWire Simulations Documentation

Use DX11

Use of DX11 is recommended for best performance due to an issue with some glass cockpit technologies in the DX12 version of the simulator. This is not an FBW issue and we cannot address it for now - please keep in mind DX12 is officially a "beta feature" and thus should not be used unless you know what you are doing.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

3 hours ago, cchiozza said:

What happens if you use the installer to install the dev version and when you update content you check the FBW there? I noticed there were 2 installs of the FBW in the Appdata directory. I did a clean restore of my roaming/flight simulator backup and did not select the FBW in content mgr. I then installed the dev version using the installer. I am not getting the hard stutters so far. Could this have been the problem?

Most likely that was your issue. The FBW A320 was pulled from the marketplace after SU5. Full story here: https://flybywiresim.com/notams/marketplace-announcement/. If you ask for support on their Discord channel, and you have the marketplace version installed, the first thing they will tell you to do is uninstall it.

...jim

• Upvote 1

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

3 hours ago, cchiozza said:

Ahhhhh.Weel thats it. It is on the marketplace now?

No it was on MP but FBW decided to only offer it through their installer for technical reasons, see post with complete background info linked above

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

10 hours ago, DAD said:

No it was on MP but FBW decided to only offer it through their installer for technical reasons, see post with complete background info linked above

This marketplace thing will follow us until MSFS2020 is dead. 😂

• Like 1

FlyByWire Simulations

3 hours ago, Watsi said:

as long as MS continues to push re-installs of MSFS after each SU and/or beta it could well be the FBW MP version "grows out" by the end of this year, already...

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

With FBW I noticed a drop of GPU usage when the engines are on. Consequently I have a drop of the fps from 50 to 30 and sometimes even less.
GPU passes from 90-100% to 60-70%.

After reading this topic I will try to remove some addons o liveries to see if there is any difference.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Watsi said:

I think you mean "will haunt us". ("wird uns verfolgen")

6 hours ago, YouDontKnow said:

With FBW I noticed a drop of GPU usage when the engines are on. Consequently I have a drop of the fps from 50 to 30 and sometimes even less.
GPU passes from 90-100% to 60-70%.

After reading this topic I will try to remove some addons o liveries to see if there is any difference.

same here with Exp, how is it now after you removed those files.

I noticed after SU8 things were not as smooth in the FBW A32NX, 

I used to run Vsync on in the sim @ 30fps and all was wonderful. I found after SU8 the fps reported by the Shift-Z addon were all over the place, they would bounce around below and above 30 fps and rarely be stable. While these fluctuations were happening I also checked my CPU & GPU usage and nothing was being pegged so it made no sense.

I decided to turn off Vsync in the sim and enable it in Nvidia control panel with frames locked at 30. I just loaded the aircraft full of fuel and took off from Glasgow, climbed to FL370 and headed due south. I have been monitoring the sim over the last 4 hours and the FPS have been a solid 30 all the way. I still have over 11 tons of fuel onboard and plan to let her keep flying.

I am not sure if SU8 broke anything with the built on Vsync, it always worked for me prior to the update. I have yet to test this with a couple of real flights but so far it definitely looks way better and smoother turning vsync on and locking the fps to 30 in Nvidia control panel.

It may be worth trying

Richard

Edited by RJC68

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

I always had the panning stutter fest with the A320 until I had a closer look to third party liveries. 8k, 10k gosh. It stopped immediately after I reworked the liveries to 2k and it was butter solid than.

Michael

• Like 4

7 hours ago, MichaelLowl said:

I always had the panning stutter fest with the A320 until I had a closer look to third party liveries. 8k, 10k gosh. It stopped immediately after I reworked the liveries to 2k and it was butter solid than.

Michael

Thanks for your share. Interesting. How did you reworked the liveries to 2k? I have searched on flightsim.to, but for example BA liveries are 4k / 8k. 

Also I saw an option in AIG manager for 2048px, would that also be an idea? Can't find more information on internet about it, and if someone has tried it.

Eef