Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Possible performance decrease fix

Linking and not just copying since some things still seem to be evolving but a tiny registry edit may help those seeing performance degradation over time:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/decreasing-performance-playing-solution/504551

• Like 7

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

5 minutes ago, DAD said:

Linking and not just copying since some things still seem to be evolving but a tiny registry edit may help those seeing performance degradation over time:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/decreasing-performance-playing-solution/504551

Did you give it a try, Phil? And if so, what are your findings? (It's too late for me now, but I definitely give it a shot tomorrow)

Thanks,
Hans

Edited by hvw

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Not really affected myself, usually doing max 3 hr flights with the FBW and all with no performance degradation at all. Just wanted to share here in case someone is affected and it may help, even though some say it may be a placebo effect? Anyway, if it helps…

• Like 5

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Tried it earlier today. It's definitely improved my performance. Much smoother in airports.

No detrimental side effects noticed yet, repeat yet.

i7-4790k @ 4.4ghz for the moment. Asus z87-k mobo. GTX 1080, 32gb ram. couple of SSDs....Saitek X52

In case anyone is interested, NDU (Windows Network Data Usage Monitoring Driver) service is a kernel mode driver and is a monitoring service that keeps track of data flowing through your internet connection. Useful for those with a data cap that gets reset periodically (see Metered connection in settings). Obviously, if one does not have a metered (ie; unlimited) connection, this service is not needed.

Changing the registry key as described in the link turns the service off (disables it). Keep in mind that the Data Usage statistics screen in Settings will no longer show you anything.

Interestingly, it does not show up in the list of services shown by Task Manager (services tab).

...jim

• Like 9

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

Be sure to restart (not shut down) your system after the registry change.

Be sure to make a system restore point before entering the registry.

Start, Control Panel, System, System Protection, Create, Create a Restore Point.

• Like 4

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I was not having issues before doing this mod, and still did not after doing it. I'm not sure if there was any improvement. It did not help with the now faulty FSDT Switzerland mesh which when activated makes flights in that nation unflyable. It was not a problem before the last world update. When that Swiss mesh was working it gave the best images anywhere in the world. It was an outstanding product when it was working.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

8 hours ago, Johnny Wyatt said:

Note that the latest version of Toolbar Pushback kills performance, delete that mod however great it is until an update.

Hm, does it? 😕

Victor Roos

9 hours ago, Johnny Wyatt said:

Note that the latest version of Toolbar Pushback kills performance, delete that mod however great it is until an update.

Are you sure? I so far didn't see any performance degradation while it sits in my Community folder. 

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

1 hour ago, Victoroos said:

Hm, does it? 😕

Also curious about that statement, does it really affect performance that much?

Greets 

Markus

Win11Pro - i713700KF - RTX3080Ti

This might be be the biggest placebo ever, but for me it looks to be working.

The frame times looks to be much more stable.

What makes me skeptical is that the service is not listed in services.msc. I wonder if it has been running in the first place... 

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //