Sign in to follow this  
styckx

KPHL finally gets some love

FINALLY! Philly gets some airport love! I've been waiting for this since MSFS 2020 was released for my home airport to get some treatment. 

Philadelphia International Airport v2.0 » Microsoft Flight Simulator

miVxaqq.jpg

UYtcgoZ.jpg

MlDj3Fu.jpg

rg0KwRD.jpg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Thanks.

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 minute ago, DJJose said:

Is getting better, but nowhere near FSDT quality.

I can't believe this airport has not been enhanced by one of our talented developers.

SunSkyJet was the only developer to ever do Philly properly. It's a shame considering how big of a hub KPHL is 

• Like 2

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

2 minutes ago, styckx said:

SunSkyJet was the only developer to ever do Philly properly. It's a shame considering how big of a hub KPHL is 

You caught my mistake. Hence why I deleted the post. My eyes deceived me. LOL

1 minute ago, DJJose said:

You caught my mistake. Hence why I deleted the post. My eyes deceived me. LOL

Not really a mistake considering how old their scenery for KPHL is.. They are literally the only developer in flight simming to ever get KPHL proper treatment. (until now)

Edited by styckx
  • Like 1

Arent all these buildings still default? Just a reorganization in their layout? When I saw the title of this thread I was hoping somebody actually made custom terminals, like SunSkyJet had done back in the day…

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Looks great, shame I missed this new scenery as I did a Richmond, VA to Philly trip yesterday.

Be sure to check out the photogramed TastyKake factory just NE of the airport, can't miss it as TastyKake is painted on the roof!

think they could add some more dirt/oil etc to the tarmac to add to the realism

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

9 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

Arent all these buildings still default? Just a reorganization in their layout? When I saw the title of this thread I was hoping somebody actually made custom terminals, like SunSkyJet had done back in the day…

It's better than what we had before for KPHL. Absolutely nothing. You may be a verified reviewer but your views are skewed 

Edited by styckx

I dont understand why the buildings are like 5 stories tall, they are not in real life. All the default airport buildings look some unreal... sadly ruins it for me. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

Just now, wiler said:

I dont understand why the buildings are like 5 stories tall, they are not in real life. All the default airport buildings look some unreal... sadly ruins it for me. 

The same it's for most bigger airports. The default KTPA is an atrocity. I can't believe we still don't have a payware version of these two important airports.

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

The same it's for most bigger airports. The default KTPA is an atrocity. I can't believe we still don't have a payware version of these two important airports.

KTPA will come with FlyTampa. For KPHL it's a bit more difficult: There has never been a payware version for P3D, so a dev would need to start from scratch (remember, you have to go there personally mostly, if you want to do it right, or you need good data from another source [not google maps...]). This is mostly a financial issue, since it's additional costs; that's why devs will first do airports they previously made and only after that will start doing new ones. Surely there will soon be some inferior addon from some hideous payware dev that used google maps to create the airport, but that's not what KPHL deserves...

2 hours ago, styckx said:

It's better than what we had before for KPHL. Absolutely nothing. You may be a verified reviewer but your views are skewed 

Jeez, aggressive much...? I can't ask a question to confirm? This personal attack is entirely uncalled for.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

10 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

Jeez, aggressive much...? I can't ask a question to confirm? This personal attack is entirely uncalled for.

Sadly, some of these forums are getting worse with this type of behavior.

As for this freeware....It was a huge improvement over default obviously and I was doing a few circuits in a CRJ and loved it. Great performance around the area.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414---FSS E175+P2006T---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C-22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

39 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

KTPA will come with FlyTampa. For KPHL it's a bit more difficult: There has never been a payware version for P3D, so a dev would need to start from scratch (remember, you have to go there personally mostly, if you want to do it right, or you need good data from another source [not google maps...]). This is mostly a financial issue, since it's additional costs; that's why devs will first do airports they previously made and only after that will start doing new ones. Surely there will soon be some inferior addon from some hideous payware dev that used google maps to create the airport, but that's not what KPHL deserves...

I have noticed recently about your remark regarding "hideous" payware. There are a few examples of developers overcharging, in my opinion. I have seen examples of it on flightsim.to where the freeware version is fairly decent with good buildings, textures and other objects...all the while a payware developer is charging 20+ dollars for something that might be better but not worth that much.

KTPA will be amazing if FlyTampa is doing it! As if I don't have enough Florida airports from VerticalSim haha

Edited by Sonosusto

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414---FSS E175+P2006T---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C-22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---