Sign in to follow this  
tjrush

Starting AIG Traffic Controller

AIG Traffic Controller takes a while to load. My question is, "When should you start the load process?"  Should you start it before MSFS? Should you start it while MSFS is loading? Should you start it when you're at the gate?

Tom

I don't start it until i am sitting in the aircrsft at the gate.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I always start it after MSFS has loaded and at the menu, then while TC is loading I'll select my aircraft and departure airport etc. It has worked every time so far.

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I documented a step-by-step-procedure for using AIG and REX which you might find useful here:

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

I used to start it after I was in the seat at the gate.  However, I now start it loading then start MSFS since they both take a long time - but, I also have the 'auto injection on startup' disabled.  I heard this setting can cause issue, so I turned it off.  Now it seems to load very anytime and once in the seat, inject the traffic.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

I start it before loading my flight, usually while planning out my route in the flight planner. Seems to work good that way and usually by the time my flight is loaded and ready to fly, TC is fully up and running and injecting traffic

• Like 1

James

I load it once I am in the MSFS main menu. I think the only problem is when TC finishes loading but MSFS has still not finished loading.

9 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

I used to start it after I was in the seat at the gate.  However, I now start it loading then start MSFS since they both take a long time - but, I also have the 'auto injection on startup' disabled.  I heard this setting can cause issue, so I turned it off.  Now it seems to load very anytime and once in the seat, inject the traffic.

I used to have problems with Auto-Injection and starting AIG-TC before I was at the Gate, but recently it's been working fine if I click to load MSFS then AIG-TC straight away. By the time the Sim has loaded to the Menu AIG-TC has also loaded, so it's ready to go.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I don't know why, but I seem to get more live traffic when not using TC. I have live traffic on in MSFS when enroute to GCTS I get two or three heading in the opposite direction. AIG fills my airports with pretty much all relevant traffic.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

56 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

I don't know why, but I seem to get more live traffic when not using TC.

You are not suppose to use TC when you use live traffic mode. TC is for when you want to use AIG's offline flightplans.

• Like 1

James

1 minute ago, Phantoms said:

You are not suppose to use TC when you use live traffic mode. TC is for when you want to use AIG's offline flightplans.

Gotcha 👍

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

1 hour ago, Phantoms said:

If you have disabled MSFS traffic then you must use TC to inject traffic whether using the online or offline option.  If set to offline AIG will use the AIG flightplans, if set to Live Traffic then TC will use Flightaware's info, albeit with about a 5 to 10 mins delay.  If I select Live Traffic and do not start TC I get no traffic.  EDIT: I think you also need to disable "Use AIGFP" in the TC settings to use AIG traffic but with the Live Traffic enabled in the sim.  I did have it working and enabled the text option to display AI names and the correct airlines and flight numbers showed up though like I said about 10 mins after the real life flight occured.

Chris

Edited by cj-ibbotson

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

24 minutes ago, cj-ibbotson said:

If you have disabled MSFS traffic then you must use TC to inject traffic whether using the online or offline option.  If set to offline AIG will use the AIG flightplans, if set to Live Traffic then TC will use Flightaware's info, albeit with about a 5 to 10 mins delay.  If I select Live Traffic and do not start TC I get no traffic.

Chris

That's neat. So you can have AIG traffic dodging thunderstorms and performing weather holds and stuff by using Live Traffic with MSFS Traffic set to 0%?

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

12 minutes ago, WestAir said:

That's neat. So you can have AIG traffic dodging thunderstorms and performing weather holds and stuff by using Live Traffic with MSFS Traffic set to 0%?

Ive just editted my comment to include:  I think you also need to disable "Use AIGFP" in the TC settings to use AIG traffic but with the Live Traffic enabled in the sim.  I did have it working and enabled the text option to display AI names and the correct airlines and flight numbers showed up though like I said about 10 mins after the real life flight occured.

Im not sure about what you are hoping for, the AI traffic in all sims, and moreso in MSFS is quite frankly undeniably rubbish.  I am fairly new to MSFS, came from using Prepar3D for the past decade and cannot understand how such simple traffic movements are so wrong at many airports.  Departing and landing aircraft using opposite runways, aircraft taxi onto runways when arriving aircraft are 1/2 mile from landing, aircraft crossing runways when others are landing or taking off, aircraft going around then doing some crazy flybys over the airport like something out of Topgun and even crossing the path of parallel runways.

Chris

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson