Sign in to follow this  
Scimiter

DC Designs Concorde on sale.

40 minutes ago, solito said:

I want to get rid of my copilot, how can I do it ? (have no problem with female pilots ) 

Change her weight to zero.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

19 hours ago, AnkH said:

Are the engine reheats on in the upper or the lower position? Somehow afterburners go on and off without any logic to me...

This is my nly criticism so far: the tooltips are not consequently done, sometimes they indicate the result of switching, sometimes the current status... 

Reheats are on in the up position, off in the down position. However, in MAX CLIMB autopilot, MSFS will always use all power available so the reheats will switch on and off regardless in that mode to maintain climb speeds. This is not realistic to Concorde, hence why the interactive checklist recommends manual throttle in the climb phase ( burners on at Mach 0.95 and 24,00ft, off at Mach 1.7, usually attained around 45,0000ft ).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DJJose said:

Change her weight to zero.

I think you need to change it to "000" for that to work properly.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Any Concorde experts able to help?

I have around 35-40 hrs now on Concorde, mostly doing across the pond and back routes on Vatsim.

These flights are mostly without issues, apart from now and again. I am getting a loud warning klaxon/siren at times, cant find an issue in the cockpit

No panel warning lights, cruising Mach 2.00 (ish), usual Flight levels, FL58-60, engines good, fuel good, CofG good around 59%. I see no issues whatsoever.

The klaxon/siren sometimes starts, sometimes stops, sometimes carries on throughout the flight once it has started, usually around the 2hr mark is when it starts. I have to silence it by going into the MSFS sound menu and reducing “warnings” to zero.

Is this a pressurization issue, CofG out of tolerance warning being triggered incorrectly etc?

Or am I a buffoon and have missed something critical?

I am not doing anything different from flight to flight, so can’t understand why its intermittent.

Any advice appreciated

I have recorded the noise as a sound file, but cant figure out how to attach here

39 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I tried that suggestion in the beginning and the three zeros became one zero. I've been using zero for both Pilots and it worked every time. I did read that the user had success with the 3 zeros. That's why I tried your suggestion.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

15 minutes ago, Ash624 said:

I am getting a loud warning klaxon/siren at times, cant find an issue in the cockpit

Could be an overheating issue. Check the temp on the nose. If Tmo >127°C you need to slow down or go down. It’s a similar noise to the overspeed warning.

What is the ISA Dev reading?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,

Thanks for that, I will give it a try later. I do select max cruise which I thought was used to prevent overheat?

The siren either stops, or it continues for the rest of the flight, even when I am subsonic and at low levels.

It isn't triggered every time, that's what is frustrating. I will try slowing down if it happens again, and check the outside temps for the ISA deviations.

many thanks

Ian 

(reporting from sunny Preston!)

13 minutes ago, Ash624 said:

Thanks for that, I will give it a try later. I do select max cruise which I thought was used to prevent overheat?

The siren either stops, or it continues for the rest of the flight, even when I am subsonic and at low levels.

In that case it’s unlikely to be a heating issue. MAX CLB / MAX CRUISE won’t react to overheating. I’ve had that issue with the FSL Concorde and you have to slow down. It’s not a common scenario either so if it’s happening fairly often it needs raising as a ticket.

I can’t think of any other circumstances when an audible warning is issued without a matching visual indication on the MWS. Have you tried the Recall and Cancel options?

If you can record a short video that would be helpful.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Thanks, where can I find that entry  ?

I do not have MSFS installed, but that is what I have been told. I assume that there must be a section where you can change the weights (payload/fuel/passengers/pilots)?

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

In that case it’s unlikely to be a heating issue. MAX CLB / MAX CRUISE won’t react to overheating. I’ve had that issue with the FSL Concorde and you have to slow down. It’s not a common scenario either so if it’s happening fairly often it needs raising as a ticket.

I can’t think of any other circumstances when an audible warning is issued without a matching visual indication on the MWS. Have you tried the Recall and Cancel options?

If you can record a short video that would be helpful.

Ray, I will give it a try. I may attempt to trigger with an deliberate overspeed. Thanks, Ian

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I do not have MSFS installed, but that is what I have been told. I assume that there must be a section where you can change the weights (payload/fuel/passengers/pilots)?

Click the weight icon in the top screen toolbar. The pilots and their weights won't show until you are on ground power and it is switched on.

8 hours ago, Ash624 said:

Any Concorde experts able to help?

I have around 35-40 hrs now on Concorde, mostly doing across the pond and back routes on Vatsim.

These flights are mostly without issues, apart from now and again. I am getting a loud warning klaxon/siren at times, cant find an issue in the cockpit

No panel warning lights, cruising Mach 2.00 (ish), usual Flight levels, FL58-60, engines good, fuel good, CofG good around 59%. I see no issues whatsoever.

The klaxon/siren sometimes starts, sometimes stops, sometimes carries on throughout the flight once it has started, usually around the 2hr mark is when it starts. I have to silence it by going into the MSFS sound menu and reducing “warnings” to zero.

Is this a pressurization issue, CofG out of tolerance warning being triggered incorrectly etc?

Or am I a buffoon and have missed something critical?

I am not doing anything different from flight to flight, so can’t understand why its intermittent.

Any advice appreciated

I have recorded the noise as a sound file, but cant figure out how to attach here

This will be excessive fuselage temperature - as Ray says, you just need to slow down a little bit. Anything over 127 degrees Celsius will trigger that alarm, as it would in the real Concorde. An indicator on the right of the throttles displays external temps for you.

Hope it's going well on VATSIM - I wasn't sure Concorde would have the fidelity for that but it sounds like you're enjoying it! 🙂

Ever since the last update I’ve been having trouble getting the autopilot to level off at 6000 after takeoff. Eventually after toggling it on/off a bunch I can get it to work but it’s been shooting past 6000 every time.

11 hours ago, JasonPC said:

Ever since the last update I’ve been having trouble getting the autopilot to level off at 6000 after takeoff. Eventually after toggling it on/off a bunch I can get it to work but it’s been shooting past 6000 every time.

Set ALT HOLD after levelling off manually, then ALT ACQ afterward to whatever your newly selected altitude is. Seems to be a quirk of the AP, not sure if it's the sim or Concorde's issue at this time.