Sign in to follow this  
Scimiter

DC Designs Concorde on sale.

2 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I sent a bug report in for this issue, and the answer I got was they are aware of it, but it's a current limitation in MSFS as far as the DC devs see it. 

Yes this is an annoying bug. I had to keep disabling Max Cruise and manually setting full dry power whenever the speed dipped below Mach 2.01 or so to prevent it from putting the reheats on to regain.

It also doesn't behave quite correctly with regards to cruise climb. As I understand it Max Climb/Max Cruise configuration would continuously climb (albeit very slowly) as it maintained M2.00. This isn't possible with this model and you have to set fixed altitudes and step climb instead.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

44 minutes ago, Tom Wright said:

As I understand it Max Climb/Max Cruise configuration would continuously climb (albeit very slowly) as it maintained M2.00. This isn't possible with this model and you have to set fixed altitudes and step climb instead.

The real Concorde didn’t continuously climb. It was very dependent on the air temperature hence why keeping an eye on the ISA value is so important.

The target was to maintain Mach 2.0 and in order to do that it was necessary to occasionally descend during a flight. But the descents were very small, perhaps 50-100fpm. But overall, the trend was an upward drift. MAX CLIMB / MAX CRUISE was always engaged once Mach 2 had been reached.

How well that can be achieved with this model in MSFS with the annoying bug of it engaging reheats is hard to say. I suspect things will improve once Microsoft/ Asobo sort out the reheat bug. That must be frustrating for both the developer and users.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

12 hours ago, JasonPC said:

It’s using custom LVARs for the after burners so you’ll need a program that can address those.

Thanks, forgive my ignorance, but what are LVARs  ? 

2 minutes ago, solito said:

Thanks, forgive my ignorance, but what are LVARs  ? 

Local Variables. Used by the better programmers to store values for an aircraft. Allows users to program a button to initiate an action.

An example would be pressing a button to start the elapsed flight time such as on the PMDG 737 in P3D instead of using the mouse to do it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Local Variables. Used by the better programmers to store values for an aircraft. Allows users to program a button to initiate an action.

An example would be pressing a button to start the elapsed flight time such as on the PMDG 737 in P3D instead of using the mouse to do it.

Thanks

So then I cannot map my CHQuadrant knobs/buttons to the heaters levers ?

34 minutes ago, solito said:

Thanks

I’m no expert on this I’m afraid. PMDG supplied an SDK that listed all the variables and using FSUIPC I was able to map a control to a button.

Do the heater levers show in the list of assignments in MSFS or for Concorde? If so you may be able to map it directly. I don’t have MSFS so can’t help further, sorry. Ask DCD. They should be able to help.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

41 minutes ago, solito said:

Thanks

Yes but you will need a third party program such as axis and ohs or spad.next.

1 hour ago, solito said:

Thanks

As said, you'd need a 3rd party tool AND the appropriate LVAR needs to be created by the dev (no idea if that is the case here).

42 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

As said, you'd need a 3rd party tool AND the appropriate LVAR needs to be created by the dev (no idea if that is the case here).

The LVAR is TURB_ENG_AB1… 2, 3 and 4 for each switch.

I noticed the fuel system is not working properly since SU9. Can't get fuel to move around the trim tanks at all.

6 hours ago, JasonPC said:

I noticed the fuel system is not working properly since SU9. Can't get fuel to move around the trim tanks at all.

Yes DC put a post on their Facebook page stating that the aircraft no longer works since sim update 9. Will have to wait for an update.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Here we go again. Another setback thanks to these ASOBO unnecessary updates.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Here we go again. Another setback thanks to these ASOBO unnecessary updates.

To bad, but allways the same with this SU Updates but to be honest, these updates are getting on my nerves and I'll be glad if it ends at some point..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

35 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

To bad, but allways the same with this SU Updates but to be honest, these updates are getting on my nerves and I'll be glad if it ends at some point..

cheers 😉

I've come to the conclusion that every single update has been more harmful than helpful. They have somehow managed to make the sim worse and worse. The is so great that it can handle all the setbacks brought by these updates. They need to stop and "think" about how to move forward from this point. There's only so much we as consumers can do. We are at their mercy.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

44 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I've come to the conclusion that every single update has been more harmful than helpful. They have somehow managed to make the sim worse and worse. The is so great that it can handle all the setbacks brought by these updates. They need to stop and "think" about how to move forward from this point. There's only so much we as consumers can do. We are at their mercy.

I disagree, though this might not be the right place to discuss that. I’ll admit there have been a lot of setbacks and not every update has gone the way I wish they would have. But we are leaps and bounds better off than at release. This sim is much more stable and better performing now and with an sdk that has also come a long ways though does admittedly have yet a long ways to go.

• Like 1