Sign in to follow this  
Scimiter

DC Designs Concorde on sale.

2 hours ago, sharkfin said:

Strange post from you Ray since I know you do not have MSFS or for that fact the DCD aircraft in question.  I'm sure if you did you'd be singing a very different tune about this particular DCD aircraft..  Surprising that you assume I need help in flying Concorde, I've as many hours flying her as you Ray, the help you've provided here assumes that the DCD aircraft behaves something like Concorde, trust me it doesn't. Most of the videos I've seen only prove one thing the presenters know very little about flying Concorde.  I know the guy you're are referring to Ray as 'who has considerable experience'  I also know what he thinks about this DCD aircraft.  I'm amazed that the developer actually believes that his product is:

🤣  in these dark days we all find ourselves in it is good to laugh....but perfect🤣 now that is a joke too far...

Anyway Ray hopefully you've not too much longer to wait for FSL, P3Dv5 Concorde all the best mate.

Some users are so smart, yet they failed to realize (even though there was enough info before and after release) that maybe, just maybe, that they were NOT the target customer for the DCD Concorde. Maybe they should consider a more realistic option for MSFS. Oh wait, there isn't one.

As a customer who purchased the add-on, I'm very happy with this version of the Concorde (the only version available) and I will enjoy it for as long as I can, regardless of how bad or unrealistic some customers think it is.

• Like 4

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

On 4/30/2022 at 9:06 AM, DC1973 said:

I was able to talk to Jorg Neumann and managed to get an idea across that a Changelog in advance of SU roll-outs would help devs get ahead of these problems more efficiently rather than chasing our tails wondering what's been changed each time. The idea had merit with Jorg so may become a thing, and help alleviate these constant update bugs.

Looking at the MSFS road map, I see that no Sim Update is scheduled for June. They usually alternate with World Updates month by month, so maybe they've decided to slow things down a little.

https://www.flightsimulator.com/development-roadmap/

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Strange post from you Ray since I know you do not have MSFS or for that fact the DCD aircraft in question.  I'm sure if you did you'd be singing a very different tune about this particular DCD aircraft..  Surprising that you assume I need help in flying Concorde, I've as many hours flying her as you Ray, the help you've provided here assumes that the DCD aircraft behaves something like Concorde, trust me it doesn't. Most of the videos I've seen only prove one thing the presenters know very little about flying Concorde.  I know the guy you're are referring to Ray as 'who has considerable experience'  I also know what he thinks about this DCD aircraft.  I'm amazed that the developer actually believes that his product is:

I don't need MSFS to describe how she was flown. That is available in the ITVV Concorde DVDs. What I should have included in my last post was the impact that SU9 had on the DCD Concorde. It caused issues as I'm sure you know and a hot fix was issued to resolve those.

You must have a different name tag if you frequent the FSL forum. I don't know what that is so unless you tell me I don't know who you are.

The person I'm referring to who has considerable experience is @MarkW. He seems to think it's a reasonable offering given the price. As he hasn't posted again I have no way of knowing if he's changed his mind.

Unless you're specific about the issues you're experiencing how can the developer answer those?

Anyway Ray hopefully you've not too much longer to wait for FSL, P3Dv5 Concorde all the best mate.

Thanks. Biding my time as usual. One day it will arrive and hopefully I'll still be on this mortal coil! 😁

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

19 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

What I should have included in my last post was the impact that SU9 had on the DCD Concorde.

Again Ray how can you possibly say, you don't own MSFS or the DCD aircraft, be fair Ray.

That is available in the ITVV Concorde DVDs.

Utterly meaningless for the DCD aircraft, but they are absolutely brilliant videos though. I think you can even stream them now.

Unless you're specific about the issues you're experiencing how can the developer answer those?

Oh trust me I have Ray...but this is not the forum for that sort of discussions is it.

Thanks. Biding my time as usual. One day it will arrive and hopefully I'll still be on this mortal coil! 😁

Well Ray like me I'm sure there is plenty of life in the old dog yet; aye?  Hopefully FSL Concorde for P3Dv5 is now on finals...so not too long Ray....Cheers

Edited by sharkfin

3 hours ago, sharkfin said:

🤣  in these dark days we all find ourselves in it is good to laugh....but perfect🤣 now that is a joke too far...

A deliberate misquote. I said that "for the target market" the product has proved itself perfect. Realise that this, and other, airplanes are targeted at other users with other preferences very different to yours. Your inability to understand that, is what's funny.

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

Some users are so smart, yet they failed to realize (even though there was enough info before and after release) that maybe, just maybe, that they were NOT the target customer for the DCD Concorde. Maybe they should consider a more realistic option for MSFS. Oh wait, there isn't one.

Well the developer does suggest that his aircraft is for everyone...

7 minutes ago, sharkfin said:

Again Ray how can you possibly say, you don't own MSFS or the DCD aircraft, be fair Ray.

I read the posts in this topic. It's not necessary to own it.

8 minutes ago, sharkfin said:

Utterly meaningless for the DCD aircraft, but they are absolutely brilliant videos though. I think you can even stream them now.

Not according to the person I mentioned in my previous comment who was quite satisfied with it. You can download and rip them too.

9 minutes ago, sharkfin said:

Oh trust me I have Ray...but this is not the forum for that sort of discussions is it.

Not the place to discuss the issues? I suppose you can raise a ticket but how would others learn or understand your issues?

I really don't understand why you don't tell me your name but that's down to you. That's all from me.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

John Hutchinson said that Concorde was very easy to fly but very difficult to manage. The issue I have with the DCD effort is that the reverse is true. Early days though. Perfect for the XBox as is.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I read the posts in this topic. It's not necessary to own it.

You know that's just not true Ray...reading and knowing what it is like on your PC is entirely different!  I know what you would say to someone who has never flown,or owned Concorde that tried to tell you what it flew like, how does he know oh I've read the forum I'd love to read your reply😁

Edited by sharkfin

4 minutes ago, sharkfin said:

You know that's just not true Ray...reading and knowing what it is like on your PC is entirely different!

If you look back at all my posts I described how Concorde should be flown. It's not necessary to own either MSFS or the DCD Concorde to provide that information.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

13 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

f you look back at all my posts I described how Concorde should be flown. It's not necessary to own either MSFS or the DCD Concorde to provide that information.

For goodness sake Ray, that's my point it does not fly like Concorde....so anything you describe on how Concorde should been flown does not apply to the DCD aircraft even the developer says as much that's me I'm done

Edited by sharkfin

I find these claims that somehow the flight model is "not realistic" almost amusing really. It's been created to match very closely the real-world flight data for Concorde and does so very well indeed in MSFS. There are variations of course, only understandable in any simulator, but they're both few and minor. Same is true for all of our airplanes - Stearman, F-15 Eagles etc.

We had similar comments about the F-14 Tomcats and F-16 Vipers ( SC Designs ), right up until a former F-14 pilot and NFWS graduate said that the Tomcat flight model was very well done and "pretty darned accurate", and more recently serving F-16 pilots said the same about the Vipers. When it comes to those who really know what they're talking about, the opinions regarding our airplanes' flight models are very different to those who have not actually flown the real thing.

I suspect the same is true of Concorde. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DJJose said:

As a customer who purchased the add-on, I'm very happy with this version of the Concorde (the only version available) and I will enjoy it for as long as I can, regardless of how bad or unrealistic some customers think it is.

Yeah I’m baffled by these comments like you. It’s like people expecting study level at a virtualcol price point, ain’t gonna happen. This is obviously a step above that but maybe a step below aerosoft.

Would I like to see a few more systems modeled and added to the checklist? Absolutely. Keep in mind this aircraft is also sold to Xbox customers. Are the majority of them going to bother with that level of detail? No.

I still had fun with this addon, period, and I love flying study level aircraft. Although I do feel like some things are off since the last update.

My wishlist would be as follows:

-CIVA INS with an option for a modern style FMS still available for those who are unfamiliar.

-A simplified air bleed system modeled (engines can’t be started from the air bleed system right now).

-A simplified hydraulics system modeled.

-SimVars/LVARs returned, my desktop cockpit is cold and dark since the last update and I have not flown it since.

-Improved autopilot logic (maybe based on WT Ap?) the default AP leaves a lot to be desired

-Possible fix or workaround for auto throttles causing afterburners to come on

-Continued refinement of fuel flow rates from tank to tank

-Continued refinement of max climb/cruise logic

-Barber pole on ias gauge

Edited by JasonPC
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

My wishlist would be as follows:

-CIVA INS with an option for a modern style INS still available for those who are unfamiliar.

-A simplified air bleed system modeled (engines can’t be started from the air bleed system right now).

-A simplified hydraulics system modeled.

-SimVars/LVARs returned, my desktop cockpit is cold and dark since the last update and I have not flown it since.

-Improved autopilot logic (maybe based on WT Ap?) the default AP leaves a lot to be desired

-Possible fix or workaround for auto throttles causing afterburners to come on

-Continued refinement of fuel flow rates from tank to tank

-Continued refinement of max climb/cruise logic

-Barber pole on ias gauge

You have pretty much listed everything that is in Concorde's update pipeline 🙂

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, DC1973 said:

You have pretty much listed everything that is in Concorde's update pipeline 🙂

I figured that they would. Please don’t be discouraged by a few naysayers here comparing this to an unsupported addon that sold for over twice as much and is no longer sold for an unsupported simulator that requires an old unsupported graphic driver to run 😂

Not a knock at the FSL Concorde don’t get me wrong.

• Like 2