Sign in to follow this  
Scimiter

DC Designs Concorde on sale.

3 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

Yes the DC designs Concorde currently uses the default msfs gps system as its nav system so you would need to load the plan using the world menu and it will automatically be input into the fms.

This may eventually change in an update if they implement the CIVA INS. I don’t know of any working CIVA INS for msfs (just the gauge for P3D and fsx) so I’m not sure exactly how it is proposed to work.

Can you use little nav map to create the FP, then export to MSFS? This usually works well, but have not tried it with the Concorde.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I finally got myself a copy of this lovely bird, first try off Manchester without reading a lot of manuals etc, I got her up to 51000ft and supersonic. Two things I noticed on this try and error flight:

- the "fwd" - "aft" CG indication in yellow did not show on the machmeter behind the yoke, obviously I need to switch something to turn this one on?

- I did not manage to get her any faster than Mach 1.35 on 51000ft. Using real weather. No idea, what I did wrong here. Then, the autopilot seems to be tricky to me, using "max climb" resultet in 3000ft/min no matter what other setting I used, all other modes did not really work (IAS hold, Mach hold etc.), "altitude hold" and "altitude capture" did work, but no idea what V/S is automatically selected if using "altitude capture".

Verdict: some reading necessary 😉

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Can you use little nav map to create the FP, then export to MSFS? This usually works well, but have not tried it with the Concorde.

I would think so. It looks like the Concorde fms is some kind of Frankenstein version of the default a320n 😂

It leaves a bit to be desired. But naturally it’s easier to use than the CIVA since you have to manually input lat/lon, are limited to 9 waypoints at one time, and worry about accuracy drift. But that’s all part of the challenge.

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just bought it, already done about 4 hours of flight time with it. Love it! Did KJFK to KMCO in like an hour lol.

• Like 1

5900X

32GB DDR4-3600MHz

ZOTAC RTX 3070 Ti

Game installed on 980 PRO

Main display Gigabyte M27Q X 27" 1440p 240Hz

9 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Best Airplane that ever was build !

That was a stupid accident and all the tens of years before that, the Concorde had a wonderful flying career with the best technology that existed at the time !

Just my 2 Cents.. 

cheers 😉

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

12 hours ago, AnkH said:

I finally got myself a copy of this lovely bird, first try off Manchester without reading a lot of manuals etc, I got her up to 51000ft and supersonic. Two things I noticed on this try and error flight:

- the "fwd" - "aft" CG indication in yellow did not show on the machmeter behind the yoke, obviously I need to switch something to turn this one on?

- I did not manage to get her any faster than Mach 1.35 on 51000ft. Using real weather. No idea, what I did wrong here. Then, the autopilot seems to be tricky to me, using "max climb" resultet in 3000ft/min no matter what other setting I used, all other modes did not really work (IAS hold, Mach hold etc.), "altitude hold" and "altitude capture" did work, but no idea what V/S is automatically selected if using "altitude capture".

Verdict: some reading necessary 😉

Glad you're enjoying Concorde! 

I'm going to start adding the extra instrumentation once Concorde has settled in on the Xbox. It was the right call to make, to hold it back, as I learned last night from Microsoft that Concorde's interior model is too large for their tools to compress for console. This is one reason why not everything is there yet, as I need to balance the needs of PC and console versions respectively.

MAX CLIMB over-does it in my opinion, making Concorde climb too fast. Also, don't climb straight for FL600, aim for no more than FL500 and control the climb manually for more accurate performance from Concorde. As a note, Concorde often didn't reach Mach 2 or max alt either on her routes, due to atmospheric conditions. While you were definitely slow at FL510, it's quite likely Mach 2 would not have been possible.

All AP modes do work fine, but they take some practice as their functions are not quite the same as standard airliners. 3,000ft / min is what is used when in ALT ACQ mode. Selecting VERT SPD and then using the adjusters by the throttle banks can control ascent rate.

Edited by DC1973
  • Like 5

Thanks for the reply, DC, I somehow thought that in some review videos I have seen this "fwd - aft" indication on the Mach meter, but obviously I was wrong, at least I did not find the video anymore. In any case only a super-minor thing, so nothing to be bothered atm. 😉 

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

15 minutes ago, jaytee73 said:

Knock Knock - anyone?

I asked that question weeks ago and still no answer. We need to create one.

9 hours ago, DC1973 said:

I'm going to start adding the extra instrumentation once Concorde has settled in on the Xbox. It was the right call to make, to hold it back, as I learned last night from Microsoft that Concorde's interior model is too large for their tools to compress for console. This is one reason why not everything is there yet, as I need to balance the needs of PC and console versions respectively.

Thanks for the regular updates! Can you explain a bit more about "interior model being too large for MS's tools to compress for console"? Is there some restriction on the MSFS marketplace side which assesses 3D models for complexity and then restricts if exceeding any limits? Is this more of a global restriction irrespective of PC or XBox or XBox specifically? I'd have thought given that there are plenty of desktop PCs that are underpowered compared to XBox-X (and meet the low-end requirements for MSFS) there wouldn't be XBox-specific restrictions... unless they're using the XBox-S as the minimum bar?

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

32 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Thanks for the regular updates! Can you explain a bit more about "interior model being too large for MS's tools to compress for console"? Is there some restriction on the MSFS marketplace side which assesses 3D models for complexity and then restricts if exceeding any limits? Is this more of a global restriction irrespective of PC or XBox or XBox specifically? I'd have thought given that there are plenty of desktop PCs that are underpowered compared to XBox-X (and meet the low-end requirements for MSFS) there wouldn't be XBox-specific restrictions... unless they're using the XBox-S as the minimum bar?

The maximum model .bin file size that Microsoft say they can accept is 32MB. Concorde was 37MB. I had to remove the passengers and half the forward cabin to bring it within limits, so there will be differences between the Marketplace version and third-party version. It's a shame, but fortunately not that much to lose really. It would seem likely the limit is for Xbox, as my PC easily compresses the model and it runs fine on user's computers.

A user reported this to me today, regarding the occasionally reported Concorde bug of the number four engine shutting down:

I realized the only common event for every engine shutdown was a movement with my mouse, so I checked the bindings.

There was a binding for the mixture 4 axis to the x-axis of my mouse.

I have no idea where this binding came from but deleting it worked to fix the problem

Could be worth checking MSFS settings for bindings for any airplane problems, it may have a habit of making unexpected bindings that cause users issues.

Edited by DC1973

11 hours ago, jaytee73 said:

Knock Knock - anyone?

You can thank Alex, Little Nav Map Dev, for an XP version.

Jose

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, DC1973 said:

Is it possible to employ an AI Flight Engineer to handle fuel transfer, etc ?

Some of us newbies have our hands full just flying the aircraft.

• Like 2