Sign in to follow this  
Scimiter

DC Designs Concorde on sale.

I was never very interested in the real Concorde, I found it somewhat ugly esp. on the ground, and it was a symbol for an elitist way of flying, not really fitting to our current more environmental/climate-conscious Zeitgeist.

But I now bought DC Design's Concorde (after I enjoyed their F-14 and knew that their often criticized visuals and simpler systems are totally fine for me) and I now understand why Concorde is fascinating. It is really a different way of flying, compared to both old prop airliners and modern jets. And in the air it is very elegant.

• Like 4

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Just got home from my holiday, and the first thing I did was to purchase this 🙂 However, the first thing that is glaring me in the face is the pilot avatar. How do I turn him off?? He's just always on, and clips into my view constantly. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Set both the pilot and Co pilot weight to zero in the Weights/CG drop down

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

36 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

Update 1.0.1 is online

Changelog?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

56 minutes ago, Car147 said:

Set both the pilot and Co pilot weight to zero in the Weights/CG drop down

Thanks, but whenever I try to set their weights to zero, it just jumps back up to 100? The only way I seem to be able to manipulate their weights is to set the total payload weight to zero with the slider. Then they dissapear, but my CG is all messed up (almost fully aft trim when loaded on the ground). 

Edited by Andreas Stangenes

Andreas Stangenes

3 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Changelog?

Changelog

Source: https://support.justflight.com/support/solutions/articles/17000124556-dc-designs-concorde-msfs-changelog

V1.0.1

- ADF and VOR compasses animated
- ADF needles corrected
- ADI pitch animation corrected
- LOD01 external model improved
- Autopilot emissives enhanced
- ACFS panel texture weathering reduced
- Window frame texture resolution increased
- Engine condition annunciators animated
- Landing gear retraction animation improved
- Stray polygon UV maps on fuselage fixed
- Air France registration fixed
- HSI TO/FROM flags added for VOR navigation
- FO Panel light knob animation fixed
- Shot handle numbers correct parenting fixed
- STAB / FEEL switches "OFF" labels corrected
- Multiple switch Wwise sounds corrected or added
- FO turn/slip face corrected
- External fin UV map corrected
- Manual updated with new information and instructions
- Interactive Checklist expanded to cover entire flights in more detail (from cold and dark start all the way to shut-down)
- Checklist EPU switch erronous position corrected
- Multiple switch / button Interactive Camera IDs added
- Multiple MI indicators ( OPEN / SHUT / IN-LINE ) added
- Further refinements to flight model, engines and other files
- Apron.FLT file modified and improved to enhance "Cold and Dark" start procedures

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 4

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

50 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Thanks, but whenever I try to set their weights to zero, it just jumps back up to 100? The only way I seem to be able to manipulate their weights is to set the total payload weight to zero with the slider. Then they dissapear.

Try setting the pilot weights to "000".

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

Try setting the pilot weights to "000".

It worked. Thanks! 🙂

Another question: Is it possible to import flightplans from Simbrief?

Also, how do I enter lat long waypoints for a nat track?

Edited by Andreas Stangenes

Andreas Stangenes

2 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

It worked. Thanks! 🙂

Another question: Is it possible to import flightplans from Simbrief?

Also, how do I enter lat long waypoints for a nat track?

Flightplans need to be loaded via the default MSFS world screen. So you should be able to export a MSFS formatted flight plan from simbrief. Not sure if they can be loaded via FMS. I believe it only allows for the default navigation points so only waypoints/VORs/airways can be input. So if there is a navigation waypoint associated with a lat/lon (e.g. 5620N) that's the only way to load it into the FMS. So fortunately you should be able to load the NAT tracks. But you may have issues with other routes that depend on lat/lon coordinates.

Really hoping they can get the CIVA INS included soon. I don't understand why it is dependent on the xbox version of MSFS when there is no xbox version of this aircraft??

Edited by JasonPC
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

Flightplans need to be loaded via the default MSFS world screen. So you should be able to export a MSFS formatted flight plan from simbrief. Not sure if they can be loaded via FMS. I believe it only allows for the default navigation points so only waypoints/VORs/airways can be input. So if there is a navigation waypoint associated with a lat/lon (e.g. 5620N) that's the only way to load it into the FMS. So fortunately you should be able to load the NAT tracks. But you may have issues with other routes that depend on lat/lon coordinates.

Really hoping they can get the CIVA INS included soon. I don't understand why it is dependent on the xbox version of MSFS when there is no xbox version of this aircraft??

Thanks for chiming in, Jason 🙂 I'm not sure I understood you correctly: Are you saying that I can export a MSFS flightplan from Simbrief to the world menu in the sim? And if so, how will that be populated in the Concorde CDU? Will it auto-populate when I load in if I have a flightplan loaded in the world menu?

Pardon the stupid question, but I normally never fly that way. I never plan a flight in the world menu, so I don't have experience to know how that works 🙂 

Andreas Stangenes

4 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Thanks for chiming in, Jason 🙂 I'm not sure I understood you correctly: Are you saying that I can export a MSFS flightplan from Simbrief to the world menu in the sim? And if so, how will that be populated in the Concorde CDU? Will it auto-populate when I load in if I have a flightplan loaded in the world menu?

Pardon the stupid question, but I normally never fly that way. I never plan a flight in the world menu, so I don't have experience to know how that works 🙂 

export simbrief in a pln format. In the world map, you can load a pln file. 

• Like 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

1 hour ago, fogboundturtle said:

export simbrief in a pln format. In the world map, you can load a pln file. 

Yes the DC designs Concorde currently uses the default msfs gps system as its nav system so you would need to load the plan using the world menu and it will automatically be input into the fms.

This may eventually change in an update if they implement the CIVA INS. I don’t know of any working CIVA INS for msfs (just the gauge for P3D and fsx) so I’m not sure exactly how it is proposed to work.

Edited by JasonPC