Sign in to follow this  
Scimiter

DC Designs Concorde on sale.

4 hours ago, Beagle12 said:

Is it possible to employ an AI Flight Engineer to handle fuel transfer, etc ?

Some of us newbies have our hands full just flying the aircraft.

Not just the newbies, we all need this AI Flight Engineer;  to mutch to do for one Pilot during the Flight of the Concorde..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Searching the web it seems like Concorde used Gate 414 at Heathrow. But this gate is not available when you select a starting gate before you load a flight. What is the best alternative?

12 hours ago, DC1973 said:

The maximum model .bin file size that Microsoft say they can accept is 32MB.

Xbox can only accept a 32MB model? I've been led to believe the machine is much powerful for only $500!

As predicted, the console is holding back the sim and forcing developers to sacrifice quality and functionality.

41 minutes ago, SubtotalGuide said:

Xbox can only accept a 32MB model? I've been led to believe the machine is much powerful for only $500!

As predicted, the console is holding back the sim and forcing developers to sacrifice quality and functionality.

If I am reading @DC1973 comment accurately, @DC1973 is saying the PC version sold on their website doesn't have this limitation and only the XBox version will:

I had to remove the passengers and half the forward cabin to bring it within limits, so there will be differences between the Marketplace version and third-party version. It's a shame, but fortunately not that much to lose really. It would seem likely the limit is for Xbox, as my PC easily compresses the model and it runs fine on user's computers.

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

Searching the web it seems like Concorde used Gate 414 at Heathrow. But this gate is not available when you select a starting gate before you load a flight. What is the best alternative?

Gate 414 still exists but if you are using default Heathrow the gates don't seem to be numbered correctly for that area. So if you look at a chart for EGLL then I suppose any of them at Terminal 4 will do the job fine.

Edited by Zangoose

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

2 hours ago, jarmstro said:

Gate 421 was the one used. 

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Am I the only one having problems with getting it to follow a flight plan in INS? It deviates every few minutes it seems so no watching YouTube while flying this one 😞

My name is Steve and I prefer hand flying.

Co-Founder of Hype Performance Group, MFS 3rd Party Developers

Released Projects: HPG H135, HPG H145, HPG Hot Air Balloon

49 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Gate 421 was the one used. 

Ah! Thank you. Gate 421 isn't selectable sadly in the drop down list. You can select it by referring to a chart and zooming in to the correct gate but that means you can't use the inbuilt flight planner. EDIT. No no. I'm wrong. You can still use the flight planner so all is good.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, pmplayer said:

Not just the newbies, we all need this AI Flight Engineer;  to mutch to do for one Pilot during the Flight of the Concorde..

cheers 😉

Yep! We need all the help we can get!

Concorde

"Single Pilot IFR Not recommended."

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Is the plane a bit overscale? Maybe it's just me but it looks a bit too big compared to other planes. I seem to remember it was really rather small.

Concorde is over 200 feet long!

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, HPG said:

Am I the only one having problems with getting it to follow a flight plan in INS? It deviates every few minutes it seems so no watching YouTube while flying this one 😞

It’s not just you. It tends to overshoot and have to overcorrect in the turn. If it can’t correct itself in time for the next waypoint it seems to end up giving up. I’ve also seen it not follow a VOR radial. I think the default autopilot struggles with the speed of this plane. It helps to keep it as straight of an alignment for its  flight path as possible, but it will still have deviations on real world Concorde routes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JasonPC said:

It’s not just you. It tends to overshoot and have to overcorrect in the turn. If it can’t correct itself in time for the next waypoint it seems to end up giving up. I’ve also seen it not follow a VOR radial. I think the default autopilot struggles with the speed of this plane. It helps to keep it as straight of an alignment for its  flight path as possible, but it will still have deviations on real world Concorde routes.

There is a lot to do for the Dev's to look in all the Code from the Concorde, i did a lot hours of flight now with this bird and a lot things go on that can't be correkt,  the above Issues happens to me as well a couple of times now.

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Another update has just been released.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.