Sign in to follow this  
Scimiter

DC Designs Concorde on sale.

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’ll post the routing here if there’s any interest.

There is 😉 

I was asking about the sim rate not because my plan is to fly ONLY EGLL-KJFK, but it would be nice to be able to DO this flight once in a while. I am totally aware that you can make shorter flights with the Concorde 😉 

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

48 minutes ago, anden145 said:

Hey @DC1973

I was reading through the manual for the DC Concorde. Amazing job! Thanks.
While reading through it, I found an error. Where should I send suggestions to? Could I PM them to you, through AVSIM? Or do you have a official support email for such purpose?

Thanks again.

P.s - thanks to @Ray Proudfoot for keeping up in here and being so helpful and dispensing his immense knowledge of the Concorde. Such an amazing piece of engineering! A shame, that it doesn't fly anymore... 

You can send me a PM here if you like, I'm currently working on the first update so any error / bug reports are gratefully received! 🙂

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, AnkH said:

There is 😉 

I was asking about the sim rate not because my plan is to fly ONLY EGLL-KJFK, but it would be nice to be able to DO this flight once in a while. I am totally aware that you can make shorter flights with the Concorde 😉 

Variety is the spice of life as they say. Whenever you want here’s a flight that takes 1h 25m from throttles forward to wheels down. At 15m you start the transonic climb and at 59m you start the decel phase so it’s a fairly busy flight.

I manage the fuel transfer (in P3D) which makes it extra challenging with high climb rates compared to the JFK hop. It will give the DCD Concorde a good workout.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 hours ago, DC1973 said:

There are some wonderful tutorials appearing on YouTube at the moment, explaining Concorde's systems in ways so much clearer and easier to understand than the bland text of a manual. This one was recently posted by a professional pilot and shows how to operate Concorde's fuel system and CG balance, and will also help to show the level of complexity we have put into this Concorde for MSFS - it ain't "easy" 🙂;

CG balance and fuel transfer methods

Excellent, what I was looking for, thanks.

Now I'm looking to the 13 tanks filling rules, upon a desired mass of fuel.

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Does someone have some success using Concorde Performance X to prepare a flight?

I've created a fake P3D folder with a /Civa/adeu/ directory below. But To complete loading or fuel, an error says WX data is missing. I think it's because the integrated browser is too old and unable to download anymore WX from NOAA.

Roland

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

16 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

Does someone have some success using Concorde Performance X to prepare a flight?

I've created a fake P3D folder with a /Civa/adeu/ directory below. But To complete loading or fuel, an error says WX data is missing. I think it's because the integrated browser is too old and unable to download anymore WX from NOAA.

The NOAA option was always problematic even with P3D. It works fine with AS16. The fuel calculation will be accurate so you should hopefully be able to enter the appropriate values to each tank manually. If you have bought AS16 just install it and CPS-X will work.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@Ray Proudfoot
What is the easiest way of planning af flight with the Concorde? How do you normally do it?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

37 minutes ago, anden145 said:

@Ray Proudfoot
What is the easiest way of planning af flight with the Concorde? How do you normally do it?

First I look for two airports reasonably close to the coast so the subsonic legs aren’t too long. Up to around 100nm is fine since it takes a while to climb to FL280 and descend at the other end.

So all the major airports on the east and west coasts plus Gulf coast of the US are good choices. Likewise the Canary Islands and many cities in the Mediterranean. To those you can add Brisbane, Sydney and Auckland.

I include the exit SID point and entry STAR point to fit in with other traffic. For the middle section I try to keep a straight line as much as possible.

Laterally Concorde had to keep 25nm off the coast to keep the sonic boom inaudible. When approaching your destination ensure you’re subsonic 55nm before landfall. FL360, Mach 0.95.

Depending how far it is to the arrival airport a subsonic sector may need to be flown. Typical case is the return from JFK to Heathrow where it levelled off at FL410 for a while before continuing the descent over the West Country.

I use PFPX manually creating waypoints as necessary then export as a standard P3D plan to import into CPS-X where fuel is calculated based on pax load and weather including average ISA temp.

A lot of that may not be possible with MSFS so an alternative method is needed especially fuel load. But that how I do it currently.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Here is a very rough calculation from the FSL forums that will probably work for most routes in the DC Concorde.

On average the Concorde burns 27t/100nm supersonic and 43t/100nm subsonic. on descent it's around 15.

• Like 2

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

54 minutes ago, MarkW said:

On average the Concorde burns 27t/100nm supersonic and 43t/100nm subsonic. on descent it's around 15.

Isn't it 27t per 1.000 nm? Otherwise, it seems a bit high - or am I misreading this?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

The NOAA option was always problematic even with P3D. It works fine with AS16. The fuel calculation will be accurate so you should hopefully be able to enter the appropriate values to each tank manually. If you have bought AS16 just install it and CPS-X will work.

It looks like with the "custom weather" option selected, it can be used. We need to enter manually departure / arrival METARs, not a big deal.

Roland

35 minutes ago, anden145 said:

Isn't it 27t per 1.000 nm? Otherwise, it seems a bit high - or am I misreading this?

Yes that is correct.  I just copied/pasted and then noticed the mistake.  Comparing to some of the suggested fuel loads at Concorde FPLs it seems that you need to add 15 to 20 up to supersonic cruise, 15 for descent and then 2.7 per 100mn in supersonic cruise.  If there is a subsonic let, add the 4.3/100nm on top.  That should get you close.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

21 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

It looks like with the "custom weather" option selected, it can be used. We need to enter manually departure / arrival METARs, not a big deal.

Adding the METARs isn’t the problem. It’s the upper winds and especially temperature that will impact the climb rate and fuel required.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather