Sign in to follow this  
Glenn Fitzpatrick

Classic/Vintage aircraft we still need

32 minutes ago, Chock said:

There's loads. Off the top of my head...

Bellanca Viking, Cessna 441 Conquest, Piper Aztec, Piper Saratoga, B707, B727, DC-9, DC-8, Trident, L-1011, BAC-111, Ford Trimotor, Fokker Dr.1, Fokker DVII, Albatros DV, SE5a, Sopwith Camel, Bristol F.2, Curtiss Commander, Spitfire Mark Vb, BAC Lightning, Heinkel He-111, Messerschmitt bf-109, Focke Wulf 190, Messerschmitt bf-110, Junkers Ju-88, Dornier Do-17, Junkers Ju-87, Vickers Wellington, Avro Lancaster, Heinkel He-51, Boeing B-17, P-47 Thunderbolt, VC-10, Curtiss JN4 Jenny, Fairey Battle, Bell UH-1 Iroquois, Bell JetRanger, Mil-24, Boeing CH-47 Chinook, Aerospatiale Gazelle, Westland Wessex/Sikorsky H-34 Choctaw, etc...

Chock - you left out - "Uncle Tom Cobbley"😂👨‍🦳

3 hours ago, AOB said:

Comet 4c....

....as long as the windows aren't square.   🙂

• Like 1

Anyone mentioned a De Havilland Dove (DH.104) yet?1365148.jpg

and I wouldn't mind a SudAviation Caravelle.
OIP.jZBlyGbvfW5l8TTjO95O4AHaET?pid=ImgDe

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

7 hours ago, jaytee73 said:

The very British ---- Vickers VISCOUNT and VANGUARD

Are you watching DC1973 ??

O wow yes. I have been wanting a Vanguard since forever. Come on Just Flight.... please....

• Like 1

The Armstrong Whitworth Argosy, there used to be a freeware version in FSX it was well done and I flew it all the time, I don't suppose I will ever see an Argosy in MSFS but I can dream.

I once flew it in FSX from Coventry EGBE to Kathmandu VNKT, it took a few days and many stops, but it was fun.

Armstrong Whitworth 660 Argosy - YouTube

Armstrong Whitworth Argosy for FSX (flyawaysimulation.com)

Edited by Scimiter

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

a lot of those are never going to happen i am afraid, making aircraft now is much much more difficult than

in fs2004 times

C-130 Hercules, VC-10,  DC-10, Bristol Freighter, B727 (already mentioned).

You are right @wim123, very few if any of these will make it to MSFS. If our bread and butter developers put out too many products, there will be less people to buy them. There are only so many hangar queens anyone can financially justify and it would just takes sales and support resources away from the more popular products. I think we'll find the developers will focus on doing a few things well and any additional aircraft types that pop up over the next few years will come from single person developers with limited resources and expertise.  As such, these will not easily meet the standards we all now expect in MSFS.

Cheers

Terry   

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

7 hours ago, Jeff_M said:

....as long as the windows aren't square.   🙂

I migrated to Australia in one of those Comets in 1965. I was 13. I think it was a 4C but do not remember. It was BOAC though. Cairo, Karachi, Kuala Lumpur, Darwin then Sydney. One of the first in our family tribe to fly we all wore our Sunday best for the 30 hour flight. Not a good idea when my 3 year old sister threw up all over my mother 2 hours out. No one thought to take a change of clothes of course.

• Like 1

Don't think I've seen any Aero Commanders mentioned. I'd love to see any, but especially a 520.

• Like 1

We need legendary Antonov 2 which stuck in pipeline 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Keeping to aircraft that have been released for FSX and/or P3D in recent years, and could be re-diddled for MSFS:

Just Flight's Canberra PR9 and Vulcan

Flight Replica's Halifax and Liberator

Aerosoft's Catalina and Bronco

A2A's B-17 (with a new external model and a civilian version)

Captain Sim's (or maybe someone else's) Boeing 707 and 727

Manfred Jahn's C-47, C-117, and his C-97/KC-97 range. Also his B-50, with an authentic VC - we can but dream.

Milviz's  DHC-3 Otter

All of Rob Richardson's range of models

Dave Garwood's models

On top of those, a C-130, a decent C-46, Empire C-class flying boat, HP-42 and...er...every other aircraft that's ever been designed in history. Thank you.

EDIT: And Just Flight - do the Shackleton MR-2 /AEW at Coventry!!!

Edited by Paul K

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org