Sign in to follow this  
andyjohnston.net

Just Like Starting Over

I clicked on the sim yesterday and it was very much like I had never launched it before.  It asked me to set my level for graphics and some other stuff (to which I wasn't really paying attention, so I couldn't tell you.)  Once i realized what it was doing, I tried to Esc and skip, but it wouldn't let me.  Did others get the same or was I considered special and got this privilege?

Edited by andyjohnston.net

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

7 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

It asked me to set my level for graphics and some other stuff

From my memory, I don't recall MSFS ever asking me what level of graphics I want to set.  Maybe somebody can correct me if my memory is wrong. 

From what I remember, if your installation is successful, you just enter the main menu the first time.  MSFS doesn't ask you what graphics level you want to set.  From the main menu, you can then go to settings and change the graphics.

The only application asking what graphics level to set for MSFS is GeForce from NVidia. But in that case, that is an NVidia issue, not an MSFS issue.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Just had this happen to me today as well. All quite weird. Wiped the logbook too which I am kinda sad about, as well as controller profiles etc. Quite odd. Going to finish this handicapped flight and do a restart maybe it will solve it

Edited by CaptainNick

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

49 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

From my memory, I don't recall MSFS ever asking me what level of graphics I want to set.  Maybe somebody can correct me if my memory is wrong. 

On the original installation, you should have been given suggested settings, with the option of overriding them.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Yes, my music settings have changed too.  I hardly ever had music before, just a little bit sometimes at the very beginning, now I'm getting music all over the place.  I know that can be set, I'm just saying the setting I had was modified, and not by me.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

this sounds ULTRA SCARY !!! 

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

I had that happen after installing one of the recent updates (not WU8).  At first run, it gave me "suggested" graphics settings and left me with default controller settings that I needed to reassign, but at least it didn't erase my logbook.

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

Aren't settings saved in the cloud? Maybe this happens when connection to the cloud had not been established or has been lost.

• Like 1

Happened to me yesterday that I opened my web browser from the task bar and my sim opened at the same time. I swear to God that I pressed just the Edge icon, not the sim icon... And they are not even side by side. That felt a little bit eerie....

Tapani Österberg

Yep happened to me. I’m in the SU 9b. So I thought it was that. I got suggested graphics and controls settings screens.  Now a few things have changed, like when you spawn at an airport you’re floating above the airport not inside the cockpit, which threw me for a minute.

I also thought I’d lost my controller settings but in fact they were all there but set to the default tab.

thanks for the warning MAsobo….lol. Well I haven’t seen anything on the forums, unless I missed it. Anyway no harm done - I don’t look at my log book anyway. But sounds a pain for those who do.

14 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

It asks your graphic setting level and if you want to use online data when first installed on a system, when there's no preferences file ( usercfg.opt ) yet.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 1

Same thing, happened twice so far. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

17 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

I clicked on the sim yesterday and it was very much like I had never launched it before.  It asked me to set my level for graphics and some other stuff (to which I wasn't really paying attention, so I couldn't tell you.)  Once i realized what it was doing, I tried to Esc and skip, but it wouldn't let me.  Did others get the same or was I considered special and got this privilege?

I had the same a while back, really weird.

Victor Roos

A couple of times I have had a popup when starting the sim asking me to choose either local or cloud settings, the first time this happened I freaked and selected choose later and everything was reset in the settings and none of my controller profiles were there. Then I freaked out some more lol

Calmly I exited the sim and restarted it and the same popup appeared, this time I selected use the cloud settings and all was good. I have had this a few times, last night was the latest. No idea why it happens,

Not sire if this is the same as what the OP was talking about 

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Same here. 

Asked me about Accessibility options then proceeded to download a 2,86 GB update.

Why Asobo? Why is the whole system so stupendously fragile?

😖