Sign in to follow this  
Benbo

Future QW787 updates.

Assignable and customizable key commands for all options/settings would be great. 

Improving the VC lighting in 5.3 is just a necessity

Improving the enroute map in the EFB would be great

Love to see them complete the EFB functionality

Display improvements were already mentioned

Automated GSX integration 

Improved virtual cabin 

cockpit sounds are very sterile especially on takeoff and landing although even in business it's very quiet up front, not sure if the cockpit sounds like its rattling itself apart like prior Boeing jets lol.  

It's an enjoyable plane IMO.   Pretty versatile as well in terms of long haul/short hauls with the different variants.  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

On 4/25/2022 at 1:56 PM, jon b said:

@TurboKen

Well, it’s a very comfortable environment to work in, it’s got massive windows letting in lots of light, the cabin altitude remains very low at 6,000ft with a humidifier, and it’s very quiet.

However I find the fly by wire system and the rigid carbon fibre construction just make it feel very soulless and you never really feel connected with the jet, plus I’m really missing the performance of the 747. The 787 will turn, climb and accelerate but you have to prioritise as it will only do about 1.5 of those 3 things at once so you have to chose.

I find the same with modern cars and motorcycles though, completely uninspiring compared to the stuff of only 20 years ago, so maybe it’s just me getting old.

So the QW feeling a little underpowered at times is accurate? The 747 really has a noticeable increase in power huh? Interesting.

I know what you mean about the newer cars. With the electronic throttle and especially electric steering. Which both of my vehicles are (2021 RAV4 and 2018 F150)  It takes the feel of the road out. But does help with long drives. 

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

I flew several Boeing aircraft over the years, including the B777, which is very similar to the 787 in many ways. I've tried numerous times over the last few years to tell QW that they have several basic things wrong with their product, but a vast majority of those items remain uncorrected. My gut feeling is that they, along with many other aircraft and scenery developers, are pretty steering away from P3D fixes and updates, in favor of MSFS. Like the Metallica song, it's "Sad but True".

• Upvote 4

Pete Locascio

37 minutes ago, tamba765 said:

I flew several Boeing aircraft over the years, including the B777, which is very similar to the 787 in many ways. I've tried numerous times over the last few years to tell QW that they have several basic things wrong with their product, but a vast majority of those items remain uncorrected. My gut feeling is that they, along with many other aircraft and scenery developers, are pretty steering away from P3D fixes and updates, in favor of MSFS. Like the Metallica song, it's "Sad but True".

Your probably right about them moving to MSFS.  But when an organization sorta "abandons" their products that still need some refinement/fixes, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth questioning my future purchases with them...that's why I'll never buy Aerosoft ever again.   

• Like 2

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

The QW787 is an awesome airliner, reliable, beautiful model and fun to fly. It's not the most accurate simulation of a 787 i reckon, but still a very good product and i can't wait to fly it in MSFS so that this new simulator with a game GUI becomes more interesting.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I love the QW787 and think it is perfect to fly.  Great FPS and very smooth.  I say QW can hang with PMDG.

Paul Gugliotta

On 4/28/2022 at 3:12 PM, tamba765 said:

You can say that again.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM