Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Leonardo Maddog to be released 30 April!

she's definitely a beauty, and sure we all will have a ton of fun.  Thanks, so much about the sounds, CaptainNick.

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

1 minute ago, Fiorentoni said:

You are mixing together spoilers and autobrake. What you "pull up" is the spoilers, which you are arming by that. The autobrake rotator knob is betwen the two seats. There is an additional "arm" switch above that.

So should I set autobreak to T.O. and ARM ? If so I thought I did!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

Yeah it kind of work at the time LOL ATC stutters is some kind psycho attack LOL

I really love Leonardo MD-82 but just like BAE146 I feel it was rushed. Hope for a quick fix!

I haven't seen one single bug yet after a couple of flights, except for the ATC problems. It's in an astonishingly good shape. It's possible you consider things "bugs" that are working as designed and as in the real aircraft, because it's a very complex aircraft with deep modelling, so little mistakes or oversights do matter. In the beginning it's quite overwhelming, I've been there. Keep going!

Just now, sd_flyer said:

Yes. Hm, maybe you accidentally flipped it back somehow? Have done 3 flights and no problem yet with autobrake warnings.

1 minute ago, Fiorentoni said:

I haven't seen one single bug yet after a couple of flights, except for the ATC problems. It's in an astonishingly good shape. It's possible you consider things "bugs" that are working as designed and as in the real aircraft, because it's a very complex aircraft with deep modelling, so little mistakes or oversights do matter. In the beginning it's quite overwhelming, I've been there. Keep going!

Well with all of that that:

-ATC stutters

-random CTDs

-tiller get stuck when controlled by mouse

-lbs and kgs unit mixt up in EFB and FMC even thought lbs option is selected in manager

I'm not complaining but out of all ATC and lbs bugs are the most noticeable and could be easily spotted by beta team 🙂

4 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Yes. Hm, maybe you accidentally flipped it back somehow? Have done 3 flights and no problem yet with autobrake warnings.

Ok good to know. I will check again later. Right now I'm in route KSAN KSFO for test flight. And I really want to punch SoCal in face LOL

Just now, sd_flyer said:

Well with all of that that:

-ATC stutters

-random CTDs

-tiller get stuck when controlled by mouse

-lbs and kgs unit mixt up in EFB and FMC even thought lbs option is selected in manager

I'm not complaining but out of all ATC and lbs bugs are the most noticeable and could be easily spotted by beta team 🙂

Random CTDs is MSFS in a nutshell for many people, but we'll see how many more are having those.
The tiller I think it's working as designed, but that could be improved, I agree.

I switched from KGs to LBs without a problem, in the load manager. I did it prior to the flight, though, not in-flight.

Just now, sd_flyer said:

Ok good to know. I will check again later. Right now I'm in route KSAN KSFO for test flight. And I really want to punch SoCal in face LOL

Great have fun, just landed at KSFO 10 minutes ago 🙂 Was quite foggy.

8 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Random CTDs is MSFS in a nutshell for many people, but we'll see how many more are having those.
The tiller I think it's working as designed, but that could be improved, I agree.

I switched from KGs to LBs without a problem, in the load manager. I did it prior to the flight, though, not in-flight.

We must have a different versions of MD80!

unknown.png?width=2235&height=1257

Edited by sd_flyer

Some funky behaviour noted here, but I'm not tat familiar with the aircraft so I'm sure there's some pilot error involved. Stuttering ATC and very low sound volume in the cockpit on my first flight. Seemed fine on the second. Weirdly inconsistent autothrottle operation and a temporarily vanishing route on my map to name a few. But solid performance and no CTDs so far.

spacer.png

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

19 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Yep

• Like 1

André

15 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

We must have a different versions of MD80!

Ah I spotted your mistake: You only changed the value for the load manager, not for the aircraft. In the load manager click on the little aircraft to the left and there you can choose a couple of things for the airframe/livery, e.g. if things are KG or LBS

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, odourboy said:

Some funky behaviour noted here, but I'm not tat familiar with the aircraft so I'm sure there's some pilot error involved. Stuttering ATC and very low sound volume in the cockpit on my first flight. Seemed fine on the second. Weirdly inconsistent autothrottle operation and a temporarily vanishing route on my map to name a few. But solid performance and no CTDs so far.

spacer.png

The autothrottle in the real aircraft is pretty slow in catching up, this is modelled in the sim plane. Not sure if that's what you mean by "inconsistent". Also, when there is "CLMP" written on the autothrottel notification display, the servos are off and you need to move it yourself. Flight modes are really different from Boeing or Airbus, this takes some time to learn (e.g. the left speed knob is not being used to set the speed while in IAS mode... sounds weird but that's how it is :))
If you have questions, keep asking.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, ashepherd316 said:

is there any online videos on how to fly this aircraft i'm finding it quite difficult

It is difficult, but very fun once you get the grip. I'd suggest looking for tutorials from the P3D version. Also: https://www.mudspike.com/wp-content/uploads/guides/P3D Leonardo MD-82 Guide.pdf