Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Leonardo Maddog to be released 30 April!

3 hours ago, kdfw__ said:

yes, there are 'ready for takeoff' and c&d and such, same as before.

Regarding Panel States: what I loved most with PMDG aircraft back in P3D, was the option "last panel state".
Really liked it to have all the cockpit settings as I've left them yesterday.

Does the MD82 have "last panel state" panel state too? Couldnt find anything on Leonardos homepage.

19 minutes ago, Konterhalbe said:

Regarding Panel States: what I loved most with PMDG aircraft back in P3D, was the option "last panel state".

Does the MD82 have "last panel state" panel state too? Couldnt find anything on Leonardos homepage.

That last panel state is present in the P3D version. Turnaround mode. Unfortunately it is not yet implemented in the MSFS version, but it will be in a later update 🙂

• Like 1

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

3 hours ago, kdfw__ said:

yes, there are 'ready for takeoff' and c&d and such, same as before.

Do they work for you, though?

As I reported yesterday, those options in load manager do not work for me at all.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 hour ago, the_simpilot said:

Why in the world I can't remove co-pilot and pilot from the cockpit? Is it really necessary to have them in the cockpit. I couldn't find an option to remove them. anyone knows how?

It’s kind of necessary to have a co-pilot in the cockpit IRL. I guess simmers have become accustomed to flying in a post apocalyptic world, where they are the last surviving human. It’s kind of weird if you think about it, and not at all realistic.

Im personally very glad that a lot of devs are giving us the option to have a FO.

If you really don’t like sharing your workspace, it’s easy to remove him/her in the load manager. 🙂

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 hour ago, Swe_Richard said:

Yup, it would be kind of neat if she could do some stuff like gear and flaps and exterior lights. Not to mention radios. During last nights flight when panning the camera she just sat there and she struck me as kind of passive agressively giving me the silent treatment. 🤣 never thought I’d get that in a virtual cockpit. 

I use VoiceAttack so she can run the checklists. Very easy to make her do things like gear and flaps, where a keystroke can be sent by the program.

in P3D, keybinds could be set for almost all functions via load manager, so my FO  could do almost everything needed on the real checklists. I really miss the ability to do this in the MSFS version, I suspect I’ll need to use something like spad.next to alter lvars.

• Like 1

Oz

8 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

I haven't seen one single bug yet after a couple of flights, except for the ATC problems. It's in an astonishingly good shape. It's possible you consider things "bugs" that are working as designed and as in the real aircraft, because it's a very complex aircraft with deep modelling, so little mistakes or oversights do matter. In the beginning it's quite overwhelming, I've been there. Keep going!

From 3 flights, I’ve got two engine shutdowns (bug, when you push the esc key and have an axis set to mixture-idle cutoff) and one CTD after landing at the destination, also very poor performance in the lead up to the CTD. 

My system is usually pretty stable.

I’m a very forgiving simmer, so I’m not yet ready to really blame the devs for any of the above. The engine shutdowns are an interaction between a deficiency in the sim and the plane, hopefully can be coded around. But the CTD worried me a bit, and I’ll be interested to see what both my experience and those of others is like moving forward, in terms of stability.

Early days yet, I’m not going to jump to conclusions either way based on my current very limited data set.

• Like 1

Oz

20 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:
1 hour ago, the_simpilot said:

It’s kind of necessary to have a co-pilot in the cockpit IRL. I guess simmers have become accustomed to flying in a post apocalyptic world, where they are the last surviving human. It’s kind of weird if you think about it, and not at all realistic.

Im personally very glad that a lot of devs are giving us the option to have a FO.

If you really don’t like sharing your workspace, it’s easy to remove him/her in the load manager.

This is, quite possibly, the most lengthly and opinionative response I've ever seen to someone who is just asking a really simple and understandably important question. 

7 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

This is, quite possibly, the most lengthly and opinionative response I've ever seen to someone who is just asking a really simple and understandably important question. 

If my five sentences are the most “lengthy and opinionative” response you’ve seen, you don’t get out much. 😉

The poster did not simply ask “how do I remove the co-pilot”.

They said “Why in the world I can't remove co-pilot and pilot from the cockpit? Is it really necessary to have them in the cockpit.”

I have responded to that comment, which is not “simple” - it’s a rather complex matter of a long-standing design convention that doesn’t make much sense from a realism point of view. One that I am personally very pleased to finally see changing!

Edited by OzWhitey

Oz

1 minute ago, OzWhitey said:

If my five sentences are the most “lengthy and opinionative” response you’ve seen, you don’t get out much. 😉

The poster did not simply ask “how do I remove the co-pilot”.

They said “Why in the world I can't remove co-pilot and pilot from the cockpit? Is it really necessary to have them in the cockpit.”

I have responded to that comment, which is not “simple” - it’s a rather complex matter of a long-standing design convention that doesn’t make much sense from a realism point of view. One that I am personally very pleased to finally see changing!

Exactly. Thats how bad it was. Thanks for making this easy. 

3 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

Exactly. Thats how bad it was. Thanks for making this easy. 

Bdub22, this is a weird conversation we’re having here. I’m glad to have “made it easy” for you.

So…uh…yeah. Cool story, bro.

• Like 3

Oz

1 hour ago, Konterhalbe said:

Not yet, but will come in a later update (it was there in P3D, so it just takes more time).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Bdub22, this is a weird conversation we’re having here. I’m glad to have “made it easy” for you.

So…uh…yeah. Cool story, bro.

The hard part about the internet is that sarcasm doesn't travel well. 

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

Do they work for you, though?

As I reported yesterday, those options in load manager do not work for me at all.

They work for me, they only work if you are on ground.

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

4 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

Uh…OK? There was a sarcastic bit in there somewhere?

I reread our conversation and I still have no idea exactly what your point of view is.. I have no idea whether you like or dislike copilots. I like them, some others don’t. The option is always there to turn them off, and I explained to the guy I was responding to how to do that in my original post. But FBW stopped supporting the freeware copilot mod because they thought that nobody cared about it, based on a forum thread. So if I see someone saying they think a visible copilot is a bad idea, it’s likely that I’ll express my alternate opinion in response. Wouldn’t want Leonardo forming the same opinion that FBW, perhaps erroneously, did.

It’s a pretty minor issue in the scheme of things, and I think I’ll leave it there for now.

Edited by OzWhitey

Oz

25 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

The really "hard part" about the internet is that there are those who cannot resist the temptation to jump onto anything, however small, that does not match their own idea of how to behave and then try to impose their own preferred ideas. We are all different, both individually and culturally, but most of the social problems facing the human race stem from the inability to live and let live, as typified by the exchange that you initiated.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2