Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

Milviz Cessna 310 Releasing May 4, 2022!

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

"MS just like the other Shops" is not ASOBO.

Asobo is on contract with Microsoft.  If MSFS keeps making money for Microsoft, Microsoft will likely keep Asobo contracted to enhance MSFS further.

I am also predicting that after year 5 of MSFS's release, if there are fewer people using MSFS, which is normal in the cycle of most games, the revenue will be lower and the number of Asobo employees working on MSFS will be cut back and reduced (this doesn't mean there will be zero employees working on MSFS, but the number of employees working on MSFS would be consistent with the revenue MSFS generates).  The exception is if Microsoft is targeting the commercial market.  If Microsoft is targeting the commercial market, the number of Asobo employees and overall employees working on MSFS may even increase.

Anyways, when you purchase products in the MSFS marketplace and Microsoft gets their cut, it goes towards Microsoft's bottom line.  If Microsoft sees MSFS is consistently generating good revenue for them, they will probably keep the same number of Asobo employees working on MSFS.  

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Anyone knows where the owned mode status is saved? I started a flight las night and was very disappointed when I noticed everything had reverted to default... All 'progress' lost. What's the use of wear and tear, owned mode, failures, etc. if you can lose it all thanks to nothing? I didn't change anything after the flight before... Anyway, I'd like to make a backup of the state from now on but have no clue where the relevant files are saved.

1 hour ago, tup61 said:

Anyone knows where the owned mode status is saved? I started a flight las night and was very disappointed when I noticed everything had reverted to default... All 'progress' lost. What's the use of wear and tear, owned mode, failures, etc. if you can lose it all thanks to nothing? I didn't change anything after the flight before... Anyway, I'd like to make a backup of the state from now on but have no clue where the relevant files are saved.

If you are talking about your first flight with the plane and not some random bug, you need to assign a registration number. Go to MSFS customization menu of the aircraft and then replace the "*****" with any kind of number. 

4 minutes ago, kakihara123 said:

If you are talking about your first flight with the plane and not some random bug, you need to assign a registration number. Go to MSFS customization menu of the aircraft and then replace the "*****" with any kind of number. 

No, it's not that. I've done a lot of flights already with the owned mode and all realism settings on. I was already beginning to see some wear and tear and the hobbs meter showed quite a few hours. I also leave certain buttons in certain way. But now suddenly everything was back to default and when I turned on owned mode again and everything else it was clear everything had been reset and I have to start all over.

1 hour ago, tup61 said:

No, it's not that. I've done a lot of flights already with the owned mode and all realism settings on. I was already beginning to see some wear and tear and the hobbs meter showed quite a few hours. I also leave certain buttons in certain way. But now suddenly everything was back to default and when I turned on owned mode again and everything else it was clear everything had been reset and I have to start all over.

Owned Mode is found in the EFB (Tablet) Page where you find the items Default, Rented, Owned, there may be another item too, getting old I forgot, but it's on that page.. Good luck.

Disregard Tup thought you were looking for the tick box.

Edited by Pivot
Disregard

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

5 minutes ago, Beagle12 said:

Anyone know it the update is available, or is this still the original aircraft ?

Still the original release

We expect and hope to release SP1 by the end of next week but, we're planning on the week after... just in case.

• Like 3

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Good news.

I purchased it from the Milviz site. Will I receive an email notifying me of the update ?

15 hours ago, tup61 said:

I also backed them up and I hope when the time comes I can put them back because these are protected files/folders.

Find them here:

Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\milviz-aircraft-310\work

17 hours ago, tup61 said:

Anyone knows where the owned mode status is saved?

it seems to be attached to the livery you are using. I believe if you change Livery, you lose it till you change back to the original livery.

Not sure if that is helpful though.

4 hours ago, Beagle12 said:

Good news.

I purchased it from the Milviz site. Will I receive an email notifying me of the update ?

Yes.  We always email about updates and hotfixes...

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

10 hours ago, Milviz said:

We expect and hope to release SP1 by the end of next week but, we're planning on the week after... just in case.

Will SP1 include or be accompanied by a paint kit?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Probably.  We're trying to make it "simpler" to use but, it's likely still going to take someone with experience to use...