Sign in to follow this  
tjrush

REX AccuSeason

On 4/29/2022 at 4:19 PM, GSalden said:

We had this before :

Here are list of feature that are ONLY available with 4 season pack:

1. Spring flower blossoms in all cities.
  2. Flower fields in many parts of the world, UK, Africa, Asia, Europe, USA
  3. More vareity of trees and colors in each season.
  4. Gradual transition of trees in different elevations.
  5. Customized trees in upper UK and Scottland areas - Removed/reduced all vegetation from higher elevations.
  6. Photogrammetry trees removal from cities (ongoing project)
  7. Terrain Mask
  8. Snow mask so roads and runways can be cleared of snow in winter.  
  9. Multi ecosystem in the same area which is only doable with SDK, resulting in a variety of trees in the same area and creating lush forests, smooth transition.
  10. 60 fall color sets with much more variety of colors instead of 3 preset ones.
  11. Live correction of fall tree colors by using live cam available in several countries.
  12. 3d leafless winter trees in several cities
  13. 3d Joshua trees in Joshua National Park
  14. 3d Pinus Sylvestris trees
  15. 3d Blood Dragon trees
  16. 3d Plumeria trees in Honolulu, Hawaii
  17. 3d Rhododendron trees
  18. 3d baobab trees
  19. 3d bamboo trees
  20. 3d banana trees
  21. Florida Mangrove trees
  22. Black Forest in Germany
  23. Black Forest in Colorado
  24. Custom fall trees in the Rocky Mountains.
  25. Customized fall season in Florida to remove fall colored trees. 
  26. Famous Hills in China by Li River
  27. Rocky cliff islands and in China
  28. Manually corrected vegetation in 1000's regions which cannot be fixed by only using biomes. 
  29. Cleared trees in 100's of runways.
  30. Accepting changes by user's request.
  31. Adding exclusions to work with 3rd party airports.
  32. Instant support and frequent updates

Wow I had no idea it added all that!

Very impressive!!!!

Chris Camp

21 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Care to elaborate? I find Bijan to be much more diversified in regards to tree models and colors. Accuseason seems to just paint the default trees and that's it (yeah I know you can change the size of the trees, but I don't need such gimmicks, just give me the realistic setting and that's it).
I am however open to be convinced otherwise, especially since Bijan is unable to do any updates for a the time being (and no one knows when he returns).

It was my tongue-in-cheek way of saying that it is pretty much a matter of taste which one you prefer in terms of "look and feel". I consider Accuseason to be a "close enough" representation of the area where I live and prefer it for all the the other reasons already stated. 

• Like 1

Since I frequently write positive things about REX, I should note that I have pretty much owned every single product REX has ever made, have never been given a freebie, have never been a "beta tester" for them, or flogged their products on youtube or twitch. 

Every single REX product I bought with my own money. 

Do you guys have a problem with the FPS in SU9 with REX AccuSeasson enabled? 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

12 hours ago, MikeT707 said:

Hi CanadaOne. I just saw this and wish I knew what to do in this case but I do not know how the Orbx installation process works. Have you had the chance to check on the Orbx forum? I know they have encountered issues like this and they are great with resolving issues. Another suggestion would be to contact REX Support and Tim or Reed would be able to help out. Here is the link for REX Support:  https://rexsimulations.com/support.html

Hope you can get up and running very soon. I know how it is as I purchased a plane a couple of months ago and was really excited to get it installed and ran into issues. Ugh. Let me know how things go and feel free to private message me if you want. 

Thanks

Dug through some old threads and figured out the pathways, and the pathways to pathways, and now it works. Been farting around with it for a bit and I like it. I didn't realize you could only change things when the sim was closed - if I have that right - but it's not a deal breaker.

In the end, I'm a fan. Thanks again for the feedback.

1 hour ago, omarsmak30 said:

Do you guys have a problem with the FPS in SU9 with REX AccuSeasson enabled? 

I don't have this issue hes referring to. Regardless, even if there was an issue i'm sure it would get looked at properly (Which as a resident of South Florida was the reason i went with the Rex product, they fixed an issue with that area in a timely fashion which demonstrated to me that this was not going to be a release and leave product). None of these addons are ever going to be fault free if Asobo tinkers with some aspect of the sim that affects it. As was the case with the last world update and Bijans stuff.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

On 4/30/2022 at 10:45 PM, MikeT707 said:

I have been working on it for a while, but have had to significantly enhance Australia and the southern part of South America to have weekly vegetation changes, as well as get Spring weekly vegetation changes for the global north and a bunch of other content. This plus the other content has taken a ton of time and I want to get Terrain Masking to look right, but it is definitely coming. 

Any news on the Terrain Mask ?

Carsten U

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Winter is coming.......

Lol was definitely here when I landed at BGSF last night. Using Accuseasons & Airport textures made for a massively improved experience. 

Be interested to see if the terrain mask improves it further...

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

i wonder if it is possible to use Bijan's in the meanwhile with Accuseason..

Carsten U

4 minutes ago, RTK1972 said:

i wonder if it is possible to use Bijan's in the meanwhile with Accuseason..

Just put the terrainmask folder of your choice in your community folder ( or use the terainmask folder one of your choice with Addons Linker if you have Bijans folder outside of MSFS ).

For the rest you can use REX…

• Like 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

On 4/30/2022 at 6:15 AM, Maxis said:

Prefer Accuseason for the same reasons stated above and the additional fact that there is a proper user interface and a bigger organization to provide support such as when people pointed out that the foliage in South Florida was a bit off. They went back to the drawing board with that feedback and fixed it in a timely fashion. Additionally you can alter the tree height and also make the shapes a bit more irregular.

I find Rex Accuseason  very limited vegitation only two types of leaves in spring no vibrant spring colours at all

disapponting to say the least for payware

On 12/25/2022 at 11:45 PM, coxo2436 said:

I find Rex Accuseason  very limited vegitation only two types of leaves in spring no vibrant spring colours at all

disapponting to say the least for payware

That's too bad .. im sure you can use the alternative however.

I'm very happy with my purchase.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders