Sign in to follow this  
Fiorentoni

Fenix A320 Release imminent within DAYS!

I hope this means they will lift the NDA since it is essentially ready for release. I'm eager to hear from the Beta testers and see some of their videos.

Mark

• Like 3

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

I don't know if FSLabs is mad about this all situation, but I wrote a post on their forum a few days ago asking if they have any news on the concorde or other plane for MSFS.

I checked a couple of day ago, they responded that they have nothing to say on it, then immediately locked the thread, checked yesterday, they deleted it

Edited by bendead
  • Like 10

That’s so odd, didn’t Aamir literally just say that he’s letting the other developers have their moment etc, PMDG at home now like offensive initials not allowed guys haha. 

Out of all them big releases announced this is by far the one I’ve been waiting for. This one feels special.

Edited by Carts85

22 minutes ago, Chock said:

The difference is not just about an ability to simulate failures, it's more about simulating an entirely interactive combination of systems which can affect one another to give the thing its 'character', rather than just simulating a lot of buttons to press. [zip]

That's not really a difference though, the FBW team is using the same approach to systems modelling. The big difference between the two is that Fenix is payware and likely more feature complete when released.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

PMDG must be fuming with this.

All is fair in love and war

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bendead said:

I don't know if FSLabs is mad about this all situation, but I wrote a post on their forum a few days ago asking if they have any news on the concorde or other plane for MSFS.

I checked a couple of day ago, they responded that they have nothing to say on it, then immediately locked the thread, checked yesterday, they deleted it

Yeah no idea what their business strategy is, but I doubt developing the A320 NEO for P3D is going to be a good one...

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, bendead said:

Wow.... that's odd of them but whatever. Not to derail but I think their P3D Concorde will not sell well at all. I'm still on P3D 100% (though Fenix likely to change that) and I'm not buying the Concorde. 

Edited by B777ER
  • Like 3

Eric 

6 minutes ago, EGLD said:

All is fair in love and war

Agreed. There is a new kid on the block. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

That’s so odd, didn’t Aamir literally just say that he’s letting the other developers have their moment etc, PMDG at home now like offensive initials not allowed guys haha. 

Out of all them big releases announced this is by far the one I’ve been waiting for. This one feels special.

Well PMDG will have a week or two before the Fenix is ready when the new hotfix for SU9 has dropped, so he was not exactly saying something false. But yes, nothing in the previous months or weeks felt as if they were even close to release. That's some unique way of communication!

So I read Aamir's quote from Discord, and according to his quote, the Fenix A320 will release within days after the SU9 hotfix comes out.  Key word here is after the SU9 hotfix.  At the moment, there is no timeline for the SU9 hotfix. It could be this coming week, it could take another 2 weeks.  Microsoft/Asobo have not announced when the SU9 hotfix will come out.

So if Aamir is adamant on releasing the Fenix A320 after the SU9 hotfix comes out, we should wait for the SU9 hotfix to come out first, and then there will be some certainty with when the Fenix A320 comes out. Having said that, I expect the SU9 hotfix to come out within the next 3 weeks (yes, I said 3 weeks, because that could be a worst case scenario).  I think it's more likely that the SU9 hotfix comes out with the next 2 weeks though.  But still, even if the SU9 hotfix came out by the end of this week, I think that would give probably at least a week between the PMDG 737 and Fenix A320 release.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

8 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Well PMDG will have a week or two before the Fenix is ready when the new hotfix for SU9 has dropped, so he was not exactly saying something false. But yes, nothing in the previous months or weeks felt as if they were even close to release. That's some unique way of communication!

True but announcing now means those guys that might feel the PMDG is a bit pricey or just slightly favour the 320 will now probably go for the Fenix. This will impact PMDG sales am sure.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

I am not so sure, whenever they have said there's a hotfix coming it's usually been deployed in days...certainly not weeks.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Those two addons mark the adulthood of MSFS.

I like to remind myself of those "MSFS will only offer livery-quality addon-planes" quotes. 🙂

I guess I'll just wait for the 737-800 and go for the Fenix right now.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

I would say more like a few weeks if not a month or so given they haven't started streaming it yet and the product site isn't live, etc., etc.

• Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply