Sign in to follow this  
mwilk

PMDG 737 pricing

There seems to be too many blanket statements in this thread. The price may be fair if you only ever wanted one variant. That way you’d be saving money by not having to purchase all four. However, the price is excessive if you are someone who wants all four variants. I think this is pretty clear. There really is no incentive to buy more than one variant the way the pricing is structured. At least, that is how I see it.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

1 minute ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Seems a very fair price to me, considering the complexity of the product, development time and the amount of pleasure the 737 will bring.

Maybe, possibly, hopefully?  I don't need to spend long on YouTube to see the PMDG 737 WILL  allow us to experience what its like to operate a 737 realistically.

You sure you're posting in the right place? With the amount of excitement your showing for such an eagerly anticipated addon, maybe you would be better off in a fishing, stamp collecting or model railway forum?

I dont follow your logic. Because i shared a negative opinion to should go to another forum? Why though? Im confused.

I used the NGXu to help me train for my 737 type rating. However after flying the airplane, it came super short.

Honestly, its not the amount that really bothers me. Its RSRs BS that bothers me. All this talk of this low price and he comes out with this stuff. Its more of how he has been communicating lately. 

Im worn out from all the “just wait guys! Its gonna be great and you will be so happy!” 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

1 minute ago, PilotPete99 said:

There seems to be too many blanket statements in this thread. The price may be fair if you only ever wanted one variant. That way you’d be saving money by not having to purchase all four. However, the price is excessive if you are someone who wants all four variants. I think this is pretty clear. There really is no incentive to buy more than one variant the way the pricing is structured. At least, that is how I see it.

Cheers, Pete

Thats what im saying too! Well said. 

its like PMDG de-incentivized its own product.

• Like 3

Matt kubanda

22 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

I cant fathom that people will pay anything to just maybe, possibly, hopefully get the opportunity to pretend what its like to fly one of these airplanes

Er?  Didn't you pay something to purchase the sim to begin with?  Why would you pay anything for a flight sim, using your rationale? Shouldn't it have been free? 

• Upvote 1

Andrew Crowley

6 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

Cheers, Pete

This is true but for one rub.. the release order and timing. Structured to entice all but the most disciplined simmer to grab at least two variants! Grrr!

• Like 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

11 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

Er?  Didn't you pay something to purchase the sim to begin with?  Why would you pay anything for a flight sim, using your rationale? Shouldn't it have been free? 

No, with my rationale, theres a limit on a price point. I do think people will pay ANYTHING to maybe, possibly, hopefully see what it likes to fly these airplanes. Me? I wont. 

Just like people will fly for minimum wage just because they want “hours.”

Matt kubanda

There should be a game show. Behind this door a new car! Behind this door 4 versions of the  PMDG 737! And behind this door a bundle of switches 😞

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

31 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

Cheers, Pete

100% agree. As someone who buys all the variants, I'm hoping they follow through and release a bundle at a discount (earlier than what they are predicting), otherwise I have no intention of buying anything other than the 800.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Daniel

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC | CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D  | Memory : Kingston Fury Beast 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 | Motherboard : Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX | Win : 11.

33 minutes ago, pommy80 said:

100% agree. As someone who buys all the variants, I'm hoping they follow through and release a bundle at a discount (earlier than what they are predicting), otherwise I have no intention of buying anything other than the 800.

Agreed. Only one variant for me as the pricing stands now. 

• Like 1

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

2 minutes ago, Hatch76 said:

Agreed. Only one variant for me as the pricing stands now. 

Can't say I'd blame you, personally I want the 700 - with the previous pricing structure it always annoyed me that I had to buy the 800 then pay extra for the 700....

Didn't help that I also purchased it 3 times.....

G

• Like 2

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

if the -900 is also $70 then the total cost of all four variants would be $260. With the $100 NGXu credit the total comes down to $160.  $40 for each variant is more than fair.

If you didnt get the NGXu well then you're SOL

Eric Thornton

2 minutes ago, erict said:

if the -900 is also $70 then the total cost of all four variants would be $260. With the $100 NGXu credit the total comes down to $160.  $40 for each variant is more than fair.

If you didnt get the NGXu well then you're SOL

You just proved the point of everyone saying it’s a steep price…

• Upvote 3

RW Freight Pilot

55 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

No, with my rationale, theres a limit on a price point. I do think people will pay ANYTHING to maybe, possibly, hopefully see what it likes to fly these airplanes. Me? I wont. 

You don't have to pay anything to 'maybe, possibly, hopefully' experience it if you have a B737 type rating.  For those of us who don't, we are excited at the prospect of being able to simulate the operation of the type, so are likely willing to spend more than the average price of an MSFS addon aircraft.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

2 minutes ago, Hatch76 said:

You just proved the point of everyone saying it’s a steep price…

Everyone?  For the entertainment value I will get over years of use, I find the price more than reasonable.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Just now, MrBitstFlyer said:

Everyone?  For the entertainment value I will get over years of use, I find the price more than reasonable.

I guess I made that confusing. I mean everyone who has complained about it, not everyone in general. 

RW Freight Pilot