Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

New update 1.25.9 is out

You guys having the ground performance issue, have you tried the workaround that was discussed last week... uninstall the world updates photogrammetry cities? This fixed me up and I've never looked back. SU9 hot fix still provides fine,  consistent performance here.

https://ibb.co/gyP8YbB

Edited by odourboy
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

8 minutes ago, odourboy said:

You guys having the ground performance issue, have you tried the workaround that was discussed last week... uninstall the world updates photogrammetry cities? This fixed me up and I've never looked back. SU9 hot fix still provides fine,  consistent performance here.

I can certainly try that...and will. Thanks' Odourboy.  I still want to leave my Terrain LOD at 200...so will try this first!

Edited by Sesquashtoo

24 minutes ago, odourboy said:

I was certainly having a ground performance issue, though maybe not the same as some others. In my case, since SU9 I was seeing very poor performance (3-4 FPS) at or near ground level, in some geographical regions. Deleting the photogrammetry cities had no effect. However, yesterday's update 1.25.9.0 fixed the problem completely! I leave it to the wizards to explain this -- I am just happy it was resolved.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, odourboy said:

Wow!  Deleting those 7 photogram cities more than did the trick with my tanked ground running FPS.  I got back not only my normal 27-30 FPS, but now in most places am running at 32 FPS...the highest I have ever had on my system at ground taxi, and final approach.  Thanks...whatever the Main Thread conflicts is going on with these photo cities...deleting them,  has given me back all my pre-SU9 ground and approach FPS performance.  Paul...try this...and your results should be the same as mine...  This suggestion---->WORKS!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, cobalt said:

I was certainly having a ground performance issue, though maybe not the same as some others. In my case, since SU9 I was seeing very poor performance (3-4 FPS) at or near ground level, in some geographical regions. Deleting the photogrammetry cities had no effect. However, yesterday's update 1.25.9.0 fixed the problem completely! I leave it to the wizards to explain this -- I am just happy it was resolved.

I had the latest update...and still had tanked ground taxi and final approach (near touch down), but this morning with deleting those seven Photogram cities...wham bam...back to not only my pre-SU9 ground/near-touch down FPS, but even am now getting two more FPS, to 32 FPS, which at running MSFS at Ultra (plus), (with my system metrics) is full max FPS output...so nothing holding back my FPS, since deleting those cities from the sim....!   

Edited by Sesquashtoo

7 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

This suggestion---->WORKS!

interesting. curious whether this also helps if I have PG disabled anyway? Will give it a shot later, after all some free diskspace is also fine

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

5 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Paul...try this...and your results should be the same as mine...  This suggestion---->WORKS!

Thanks, I have been a bit hesitant to uninstall those PG cities so far, but if it works for you I'll give it a shot tonight just as a proof of concept. It's kind of black magic, isn't it?

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

17 minutes ago, pmb said:

Thanks, I have been a bit hesitant to uninstall those PG cities so far, but if it works for you I'll give it a shot tonight just as a proof of concept. It's kind of black magic, isn't it?

Kind regards, Michael

Paul...not only got back all my lost ground-taxi-approach near touchdown...but even got another 2 FPS that I have NEVER had, ..could never sustain over 30 fps...but now...on the ground at 29-30/32...and in the air (on average) at 32 (max!)   How in the WORLD, can someone even start to think or figure out that this FPS tanking could be Photogram Cities for goodness sakes?  Some pretty savvy people are running around the flight sim world...that's for sure!   Yep, this 'solution' is killer...:)

Thumb's up...and a happy holler 'n hoot!

By the way, all this FPS improvement with not one option changed with my normal MSFS usage preferences,  ONLY, deleting those 7 Photo-Gram cities, only that.  After doing so...I dumped to the Desktop and then re-ran MSFS so just to be sure, that anything from those cities was purged from Memory, on my next MSFS run....

Ses

Edited by Sesquashtoo

10 minutes ago, DAD said:

interesting. curious whether this also helps if I have PG disabled anyway? Will give it a shot later, after all some free diskspace is also fine

I do have PG on...and only deleted those 7 suggested cities...and have (for my particular system spec's) now premium FPS generation, and that is with enjoying the visuals of PG as 'on' and enabled.  Delete those 7 suggested cities, and you'll most likely FPS 'wham-bam' as well, LOL!

Ses

• Like 1

Yeah the VR toolbar issue not being fixed is disappointing.  Seems like something simple to fix, but I really wouldn't know.  Also waiting on a fix for the camera losing it's mind when turning off your battery at shutdown. 

• Like 3

As a result of a post on this thread, I tried running MSFS as administrator and am now seeing a significant improvement in FPS and stability.

Can any of the techies explain what running in admin mode actually does and how it might improve performance?

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

23 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

FPS 'wham-bam' as well

alright, I saved some whopping 1 mb diskspace (expected gigabytes for those PG files but obviously all streamed online) and all smooth. though not smoother than before, maybe since I am vsynced anyway at 30fps ;-). will disable vsync and then see

EDIT just started at EGLC for EHAM and vsync off I see some whopping 48 fps. not too bad. though I have no comparison number for me whether this really means an improvement 😉

spacer.png

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

19 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I do have PG on...and only deleted those 7 suggested cities

Yes I think it's possible to leave PG on after deleting the PG files. Still got PG in most places, but without the major ground performance hit. 

Don't think just turning PG off will have the same effect. Black magic...

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

16 hours ago, regis9 said:

I departed KMDW about two hours ago with AIG traffic which would normally result in a quick death for ATC transmissions given how busy the Chicago area is.  I’m now approaching the TOD into Albuquerque and all is working, so far so good!  Haven’t lost Azure voices or all audio.  

I was going to test this last night, I turned on the Azure option and immediately reverted back to the Offline voices! Wow, did they change the Azure ones since SU5? I haven't used the Azure ones since then and I am not a fan! I may come around and try it again this weekend. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

32 minutes ago, FakeWayne said:

Yeah the VR toolbar issue not being fixed is disappointing.  Seems like something simple to fix, but I really wouldn't know.  Also waiting on a fix for the camera losing it's mind when turning off your battery at shutdown. 

That's another ling-standing issue. I nearly always go from C&D to C&D and this keeps annoying me every time.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11