Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

New update 1.25.9 is out

that is what I got when started MSFS, I don't know what is new though

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

Yup, Just got it when i started the sim.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

RELEASE NOTES 1.25.9.0

If you are playing on PC, some packages in your community folder may not have been updated and, as a result, may have an unexpected impact on the title’s performance and behaviour.
Please move your community package(s) to another folder before relaunching the title if you suffer from stability issues or long loading times.

General bugfix 1.25.9.0

Unfortunately, 4 weeks of beta testing (with two build updates) did not help us clearly identify some crashes related to operations on the world map when downloading packages or content in the background that have been released alongside Sim Update 9 (1.25.7.0). We are working to identify this gap in our beta testing and aim to better cover these cases moving forward. We thank you for your patience.

• Fixed various crashes on the world map
  • Fixed crashes affecting airports that have a beacon but no runway (BIKF for example)
  • Fixed simobject data request creation process preventing Flight sim gear peripherals from working
  • Fixed a crash in vector placement during back to main menu
  • Fixed LOD streaming in vector placement in the Scenery editor
  • Fixed windshield flickering when the render scale is not set to 100%
  • Fixed CGL updating loading order to ensure custom CGL files are loaded correctly
  • Fixed ATC Azure TTS goes silent while in gameplay
  • Fixed crashes about SimConnect message reception after being closed in WASM

The Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/release-notes-1-25-9-0-sim-update-9-patch/516755

• Like 4

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

I'm surprised they didn't do a public opt-in beta, like they did for the SU7 hotfix.  Anyways, here are the patch notes for 1.25.9.0:

General bugfix 1.25.9.0

Unfortunately, 4 weeks of beta testing (with two build updates) did not help us clearly identify some crashes related to operations on the world map when downloading packages or content in the background that have been released alongside Sim Update 9 (1.25.7.0). We are working to identify this gap in our beta testing and aim to better cover these cases moving forward. We thank you for your patience.

• Fixed various crashes on the world map
  • Fixed crashes affecting airports that have a beacon but no runway (BIKF for example)
  • Fixed simobject data request creation process preventing Flight sim gear peripherals from working
  • Fixed a crash in vector placement during back to main menu
  • Fixed LOD streaming in vector placement in the Scenery editor
  • Fixed windshield flickering when the render scale is not set to 100%
  • Fixed CGL updating loading order to ensure custom CGL files are loaded correctly
  • Fixed ATC Azure TTS goes silent while in gameplay
  • Fixed crashes about SimConnect message reception after being closed in WASM

And with this, I wonder if Fenix will announce the release of their A320, since Fenix was waiting for this hotfix to come out.

• Like 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Uh, oh. 
Hope it doesn’t kill my evening hop in the 737.. 🤦‍♂️😅

• Like 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I hope that this fix does not actually break any aircraft already released? like my 146 or 737

• Like 2

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

First update for me!  Hence the muppet question

Do you move the files from you community folder BEFORE you do the update?

Edited by alpha117
  • Like 1

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Just now, alpha117 said:

I never did. And all fine. Officially I believe you are supposed to "empty" your community folder. Renaming usually helps. This shall avoid that any third party content may require an update and may cause MSFS to crash

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

3 minutes ago, alpha117 said:

Do you move the file from you community folder BEFORE you do the update?

I use AddOn Linker: https://flightsim.to/file/1572/msfs-addons-linker

AddOn Linker creates a virtual directory in your Community folder.  You can enable and disable add-ons in a one or two seconds.  You never have to move anything in or out of your Community folder, since AddOn Linker creates a virtual directory when you enable the add on (and removes the virtual directories when you disable the add ons).

Everyone that has multiple add-ons for MSFS should be using AddOn Linker, IMO.  With AddOn linker, you can quickly disable all your add-ons before running an update in MSFS.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

thanks Phil..he we go then

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

8 minutes ago, alpha117 said:

I never do anything with my community addons before I update. I do use the addon linker, but I just keep them active. I never ran into any problems so far. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

I have render scale at 100 and get windshield flicker though.

• Like 3

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

No VR toolbar fixes? After they broke it?! 

I'm not really surprised....

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)