Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

FSLabs bringing the Concorde to MSFS

1 hour ago, FOD said:

but nothing is really like the challenge of Concorde.

One of the most satisfying aspects is handling the fuel. Once setup for takeoff you can leave it alone until Mach 0.7 at which point the busy period after takeoff has passed and you have more free time.

Pump it from tanks 9 and 10 back to 11 until a CG of 55 is reached. The optimum subsonic value. Pumps off until the accel point at which time rearward pumping continues until 11 contains no more than 10.5T. The balance in 9 & 10 is fed into 5 and 8.

During the rest of the cruise / climb you need to monitor the CG as tanks empty and others then take over.

If you’ve calculated your fuel correctly the only tanks with fuel left when you land are 1-4 and some ballast fuel in 9. 11 is empty.

It’s an extremely rewarding exercise unlike any other aircraft and getting it right brings me a great deal of satisfaction. Almost as much as a greased landing. 😁

There’s so much more to flying her than with other aircraft. And with the increase in flight fidelity the 64-bit version is going to be the best ever.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

11 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It’s always easy to tell the nationality of the person when they mention Concorde. Americans invariably add “the” to it whereas Brits just refer to Concorde.

We do the same with other planes as well. We refer to them as “the 737”, “the 787” or “the Boeing 737” or “the Airbus A321” etc. For us it would sound weird if I said, “yeah I’m  flying to Florida on 737” or “I’m flying to Florida on Boeing 737”. It would sound like we’re speaking broken English. 😂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

6 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

We do the same with other planes as well. We refer to them as “the 737”, “the 787” or “the Boeing 737” or “the Airbus A321” etc. For us it would sound weird if I said, “yeah I’m  flying to Florida on 737” or “I’m flying to Florida on Boeing 737”. It would sound like we’re speaking broken English. 😂

Agreed. Brits refer to the 747 as “the Jumbo” so referring to Concorde without “the” preceding it is the only example and it sounds entirely natural.

I can only think it’s treated as a person’s name hence the omission of “the”.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Agreed. Brits refer to the 747 as “the Jumbo” so referring to Concorde without “the” preceding it is the only example and it sounds entirely natural.

I can only think it’s treated as a person’s name hence the omission of “the”.

I also tend to think that flying Concorde is such a radical difference than flying any other aircraft, that it takes on a unique status of almost being a proper noun, as in we say "I'm going over to Jim's house for a pint", where we'd never say "I'm going over to the Jim's house for a beer".  Even though there was more than one airframe, the whole Concorde experience is unique enough for it to be considered a proper noun when generally speaking of her.

EDIT:  Hehe mis read you post Ray...we basically said the same thing...great minds? 🙂 

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Brits refer to the 747 as “the Jumbo”

you mean this ?

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

3 minutes ago, avhpilot said:

you mean this ?

Fry and Laurie! Masters of the double entendre! 🤣

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

EDIT: oops chose an older FSL Concorde thread to update when there's a newer one, please see https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/628446-flightsim-labs-concorde-preview-231222/?do=findComment&comment=4978606

Edited by lwt1971

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

concorde minus the "the" always made sense to me as it was a truly one of a kind airplane.  The aviation linguistic line I always had an issue with is when people add a "S" to Final.  So for example turning finals.   never got that one.  

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next