Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

It seems HiFi is trying to do sth to bring ActiveSky in MSFS

Interesting: I was trying to find on the FSUIPC forum if the autosave function in MSFS works. I came up to different topic and it seems that HiFi is trying to do sth with AS in MSFS it seems.

Here is link to the post: https://forum.simflight.com/topic/94608-can-an-additional-custom-autosave-option-be-added/

Dave post from HiFi: 

Is it possible to add an additional custom Autosave option to save the Weather section in the .FLT file in a way where the loaded Saved flight

gives access to the weather option icon in the MSFS toolbar menu where the user knows real weather is still being used and also gives access

to be able to manually set your time of choice or back to real time which is what I actually use myself if continuing a saved or even crashed flight?

Currently (SU9) time can only be set in hourly increments when only in Dev Mode in MSFS which in turns also disables any flight logging in the logbook.

Interesting, maybe HiFi would be able to somehow bring AS into MSFS (in similar way as REX?). 

Just posting as a curiosity, the default weather engine is very good in my opinion atm. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ark4diusz said:

Interesting: I was trying to find on the FSUIPC forum if the autosave function in MSFS works. I came up to different topic and it seems that HiFi is trying to do sth with AS in MSFS it seems.

Here is link to the post: https://forum.simflight.com/topic/94608-can-an-additional-custom-autosave-option-be-added/

Dave post from HiFi: 

Interesting, maybe HiFi would be able to somehow bring AS into MSFS (in similar way as REX?). 

Just posting as a curiosity, the default weather engine is very good in my opinion atm. 

I don't see anything in that post that says something like Active Sky is possible.  From what I read, at best, it sounds like a work around to get something working, but work arounds are not good, because they may stop working in a future Sim Update, and no 3rd party dev wants to have their product totally unworkable from a Sim Update, because they would be issuing refunds 24 hours, 7 days a week.

For me, I would like to give Microsoft/Asobo 2 or 3 years to get live weather right.  Live weather has certainly improved for some users, specifically VATSIM users, since the launch of MSFS.  After 2 or 3 years, if live weather is still lacking in MSFS, it could be time to then press Microsoft/Asobo to open their SDK for weather modifications.  Unfortunately, the team responsible for the weather in MSFS are busy working on live weather at the moment, and they probably don't have the time to fix live weather and add functionality to modify the weather in the SDK (if the weather team spends time working on adding weather modification in the SDK, their progress on live weather will slow down).

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Not quite sure I even understand what is discussed over there…?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

For me, I would like to give Microsoft/Asobo 2 or 3 years to get live weather right.  Live weather has certainly improved for some users, specifically VATSIM users, since the launch of MSFS.  After 2 or 3 years, if live weather is still lacking in MSFS, it could be time to then press Microsoft/Asobo to open their SDK for weather modifications.  Unfortunately, the team responsible for the weather in MSFS are busy working on live weather at the moment, and they probably don't have the time to fix live weather and add functionality to modify the weather in the SDK (if the weather team spends time working on adding weather modification in the SDK, their progress on live weather will slow down).

This is my take on weather and ATC as well.  AFAIK HiFi has only produced product using the old 2D sprites engine so believing that HiFi is somehow going to be able to better use the tools Asobo is currently using with perhaps zero experience doesn't seem a given at all to me.  ATC while it continues to need work is actually doing some genuine innovation in blending our flight with real time online traffic and does it quite well in ways I've not seen in FSX/P3D.  Even on the ground things are improving w/ regard to managing traffic at busy airports and as I say integrating my own flight w/ all of that other RT traffic is a daunting challenge and yet it's as I say improving.  I agree 2-3 years for both of these seems reasonable. Right now they're both highly useable even w/ their current shortcomings.  

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

"Even on the ground things are improving w/ regard to managing traffic at busy airports....." not arguing with you, but after watching stacked traffic yesterday at a regional airport taking turns spinning in circles while waiting, I'd  have to wonder about it.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

15 minutes ago, cepact said:

Deleted

Edited by edu2703
Edit

1 hour ago, jimcarrel said:

"Even on the ground things are improving w/ regard to managing traffic at busy airports....." not arguing with you, but after watching stacked traffic yesterday at a regional airport taking turns spinning in circles while waiting, I'd  have to wonder about it.

Yeah nothing improved since 2020 in regards to AI traffic, except for newly introduced bugs which got fixed eventually. This is a long term project, so I'm not holding my breath here. They'll surely let us know when they finally tackle this with any real effort.

On 5/17/2022 at 4:56 AM, ark4diusz said:

Dave post from HiFi: 

I think you're reading too much into that.  Yes, Daveo is a HiFi support manager and long time flight sim person, but it looks like he's simply asking a question about FSUIPC and .FLT files there.  I see nothing there about ActiveSky and nothing to lead me to draw a conclusion about AS in MSFS.

I know a lot of us want the historic weather functionality, and maybe we'll get it eventually.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 hour ago, jimcarrel said:

It happens still for sure but as I say overall I see improvements.  It is so complex it does not surprise me they haven't nailed it yet by any means but very often now I have excellent outcomes for both TO and landings.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

What the heck is "sth".....?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Something. Some people ain't got no time these days for a 9 letter word, I guess.

43 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

The title only accepts a set number of characters, hence the attempt to shorten certain words.

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K