Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Fenix A320's EFB is amazing and revolutionary!

I have always dreamt about of having an all-in-one package, and the Fenix A320 brings it one step closer in that regards. What I mean is that you do not have to leave the sim to do anything. Everything that you need is there and included in the plane. What I'm referring to is the EFB. Gone are the days where you need a separate app running for each and every thing. I used to have to open PFPX for my flight planning, and TOPCAT for my calculations, and so forth. Having to TAB out back to the desktop and back into the sim really kills the immersion for me. The only thing that I wish was part of the EFB or sim, would be a full-fledged and feature packed flight planner like SimBrief that either shows up as an app on the EFB or built into the core of MSFS. I just want a sim that has everything included so that we do not need to rely on 3rd party apps.

Thanks to KatiePilot for working on the EFB. You have done such an incredible job. The details are above and beyond what most of us have ever imagined. I really hope you can put the envelope further and add more useful apps on that thing to make the experience even better.

Edited by captain420
  • Like 18
  • Upvote 5

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Just now, captain420 said:

I have always dreamt about of having an all-in-one package, and the Fenix A320 brings it one step closer in that regards. What I mean is that you do not have to leave the sim to do anything. Everything that you need is there and included in the plane. What I'm referring to is the EFB. Gone are the days where you need a separate app running for each and every thing. I used to have to open PFPX for my flight planning, and TOPCAT for my calculations, and so forth. Having to TAB out back to the desktop and back into the sim really kills the immersion for me. The only thing that I wish was part of the EFB or sim, would be a full-fledged and feature packed flight planner like SimBrief that is either shows up as an app on the EFB or built into the core of MSFS. I just want a sim that has everything included so that we do not need to rely on 3rd party apps.

Thanks to KatiePilot for working on the EFB. You have done such an incredible job. The details are above and beyond what most of us have ever imagined. I really hope you can put the envelope further and add more useful apps on that thing to make the experience even better.

The amazing part is, I think @KatiePilot had a big role in programming the EFB for the Fenix A320.  Not only does KatiePilot fly the A320 in real life, she somehow knows how to program and write code too!

• Like 9

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I endorse this message

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

7 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

The amazing part is, I think @KatiePilot had a big role in programming the EFB for the Fenix A320.  Not only does KatiePilot fly the A320 in real life, she somehow knows how to program and write code too!

Yep, what an intelligent and talented individual! I'm so glad that she is part of the Fenix team! Having an EFB like that really raises the immersion factor, and the elegant and beautiful UI is just icing on the cake!

Edited by captain420
  • Like 6

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

One little caveeat is, that there is no MCDU as remote (for tablets e.g.) available.
I asked that if it is planned, but they gave no answer if or not.

Would be a very important feature for me ... more than having the EFB as remote.

Hope they consider it and do that soon ...

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 minutes ago, guenseli said:

One little caveeat is, that there is no MCDU as remote (for tablets e.g.) available.
I asked that if it is planned, but they gave no answer if or not.

Would be a very important feature for me ... more than having the EFB as remote.

Hope they consider it and do that soon ...

I agree that would be nice to have. 

And btw. I hope it will be possible to create a streamdeck profile for the Fenix. Counting on you. 😉

• Like 2

2nd Monitor rules......  although I agree the EFB does look really cool.

• Like 2

Thomas Derbyshire

1 minute ago, RALF9636 said:

And btw. I hope it will be possible to create a streamdeck profile for the Fenix

thx, fingers crossed that it will be possible ... and easy 😉

• Like 2

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

The FBW's NEO EFB is also nothing to sneeze at, at the moment. It has been continuously gotten better.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, kakihara123 said:

But can it play Twitch Streams? Gonna still need OVR Toolkit. 😆

Nope, but I'm hoping there will be a way to add a web browser app where we can watch YouTube, Twitch, Plex, Discord, etc.

It’s a great EFB but I wouldn’t say it’s revolutionary given FSL has the same functionality.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Yup she effectively coded it on her own... see https://discord.com/channels/736572376967282769/736572377428787221/976044678115905606 onwards ... that's some serious breadth of skills 🙂

KatiePilotToday at 04:53

It uses the following: HTML, CSS, JS, jQuery, AJAX, PHP & SQL

KatiePilotToday at 04:54

I use jQuery mostly... that's the bulk

Lucky38Today at 04:54

wait.. you didn't use a framework then?

No framework, just me and a blank notepad++

KatiePilotToday at 04:55

I find frameworks and the like really annoying. Like giving an artist a template to work from. I prefer the creative freedom of just typing it out how i envisage it looking and working

• Like 10

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

word not allowed, no framework and building the EFB all from scratch. Hardcore. It's very rare these days to see a real life A320 pilot who can code like that!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Yup she effectively coded it on her own... see https://discord.com/channels/736572376967282769/736572377428787221/976044678115905606 onwards ... that's some serious breadth of skills 🙂

KatiePilotToday at 04:53

It uses the following: HTML, CSS, JS, jQuery, AJAX, PHP & SQL

I use jQuery mostly... that's the bulk

Lucky38Today at 04:54

wait.. you didn't use a framework then?

No framework, just me and a blank notepad++

KatiePilotToday at 04:55

I find frameworks and the like really annoying. Like giving an artist a template to work from. I prefer the creative freedom of just typing it out how i envisage it looking and working

Wow. JavaScript is a pain to work with. KatiePilot did an awesome job!

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 5

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM