Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX A320 RELEASED!

1 minute ago, Farlis said:

Well with a 3090 GPU it should be no miracle that it has no problems running the displays on the GPU without breaking a sweat....

Maybe Fenixsim should adjust their minimum requirements. They state an i5-7500 and a GTX970 are minimum... or state how they define minimum. Does it mean "flyable" or "will load but expect problems". 😄 And something could be mentioned about the possibility to have the optional internal GPU doing the display rendering and how that could maybe help users with weaker specs. 

• Like 1

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

13 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Well considering as well the price, shall we say Fenix is taking the helm of the best simulation from FSLabs? 🤔

Pricewise, definitely. 

• Like 3

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

2 minutes ago, Seth2021 said:

Could someone let me know if Fenix app Product configuration changes (display quality & Render Displays on:) need to be fixed before loading MSFS ?

In a stream I was watching yesterday a streamer did the switch while flying without disrupting the flight.

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

1 minute ago, Seth2021 said:

Could someone let me know if Fenix app Product configuration changes (display quality & Render Displays on:) need to be fixed before loading MSFS ? Or they could work real time when aircraft is loaded in-game.

thanks

Yes you can change them while you're in the sim. You can see the performance difference when you're changing these settings, and you'll see it reloading the displays.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MarioDonick said:

Sorry for asking again, but when you say you tried the GPU, do you refer to your main GPU or to your CPU's integrated Intel GPU (which one has to activate in BIOS first if it is not selectable)? I ask because some in this thread say it makes a difference when the integrated GPU is selected for (only) the displays, and I wonder how big that one could be.

I tried using my 3080Ti. My CPU does not have an iGPU.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

2 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

I tried using my 3080Ti. My CPU does not have an iGPU.

Ah ok, that's the F after the 12400? Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

1 minute ago, MarioDonick said:

Ah ok, that's the F after the 12400? Thanks!

Exactly - and that’s probably why he misses his 10900K. Mine’s a KF though, so I just let the 3090 work it’s magic.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

49 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

For the moment I have the left reverser switch mapped to the standard Reverse Thrust Hold command - seems to work OKish but not idea.

You can't do it from fms as reverser is not an axis. I don't use it now but i already set them with fs20 controller setting for fbw.

Reverser on the bravo is a button not an axis unfortunaly

Frédéric Giraud

What helped in performance for me (i7-8700K) was setting the display on the integrated intel GPU, and changing the quality to "Performance". But you can play with these settings while you're in the sim, you don't have to restart the sim.

I also removed the toolbar pushback tool for now, might be placebo but I think it's also helping.

• Upvote 1

I wonder if this is the tipping point for any flight simmer that is looking at a 5800X3D which is stellar in MSFS otherwise and the default option right now. As it does NOT have integrated graphics, would it still be faster than a 12700K for example with the displays on the Intel graphics when running the Fenix? Anyone curious to test?

51 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

but because of the EFB you can't pull up the sun screen on the front side windows

You do know that there is a click spot to unmount the EFB so that you can pull the visors up?

Edited by Farlis

4 minutes ago, Farlis said:

You do know that there is a klick spot to unmount the EFB so that you can pull the visors up?

I had no idea 🙂 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

5 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

I had no idea 🙂 

They thought of everything, except proper documentation. 😉

• Upvote 1

Additional findings from my part (after spending some time applying recommended tweaks)

Switching to 4K livery - no significant outcome
Multiplayer planes to Generic models - I actually had this to OFF, but ON did not improve anything
Removing VC cabin (done within the EFB) - No measurable gain
Swapping between CPU/GPU render displays: GPU gives better result, but I totally lose headroom for demanding situations in flight (such as cloudy conditions, complex airports etc). CPU as render and "Balanced"-quality setting works best for me.

General concensus is the FPS hogs are the ProSim-native displays. But I get same FPS in external mode, no displays are rendered at all in this view?

FPS is CPU limited, variable between 16-30 on ESSA (GayaSim via Nordic WU), which is way worse than any other plane.

I understand this is a complex machine, but I have the FSL A320 locked at 30fps in P3D all the time. That's why I'm wondering why my computer is having such a hard time with this airframe. I run no slider at ULTRA, mostly medium/high, 150 LOD.

Edited by SAS443
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Scrolling through Fenix's Discord, seems there are fair amount of people holding off purchasing it, in light of the low performance reports. I wish there was another way to know besides "gambling" away and purchasing it. 

Purchasing the PMDG was a much safer bet as reports of performance was positive all around.

Edited by roi1862
  • Like 1

Roi Ben