Sign in to follow this  
Silicus

Fenix update released!

Anyone figured out the bravo quadrant switches above the throttle? For the life of me I can’t seem to get external lights, bcn, strobe assigned to them switches.

42 minutes ago, alpha117 said:

HAs everyone's EFB changed it's angle, it now not 'square to the window???

No... I haven't landed that hard yet. 😁

• Like 5

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

14 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

Flew it after the update. This Airbus is magnificent. I've flown FSLabs ( and asked for the refund after the 'scandal'), Aerosofts Airbus series, under FSX and P3D. This plane is the capstone. It is a pleasure with the EFB and FMS, graphics, performance and I have been flying this exclusively even though I had just bought PMDG's 737 700! Lol. The app implementing the liveries is great. Just an all around pleasure.

Do you use Simbrief to generate your flight plans then take them through the EFB to the MCDU via its 'Init' key?

I can't get the FP from the EFB, into the MCDU.

Does the MCDU look in a particular folder for the FP?

T45

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

Even removing it from quarantine.  And even turning off Norton.  Now windows won't even open the file?  Install things all the time but never saw this

EDIT: Re downloading worked. 

image.png.26919c397d8b7ccb3cf62b33ef4b79b0.png

Just hit more info new tab will open to install it - I always right mouse click and install as admin - even doing that you will get this screen on some installs 

This is awesome update very fast indeed - programing wizards 

Edited by Richard Sennett

Rich Sennett

Initial impressions on the update:

Thats a very comprehensive list of changes for a first update! Performance seems better. Still stable 30 fps when locked, but it seems perhaps more fluid. Just finished a flight from Venice to Florence with payware airports in both ends. Florence with its PG and Orbx rendition of LIRQ can be quite demanding. But I was lucky to get stable 30fps for the whole flight. 

The ability to be able to use the EFB in full screen on iOS is great. Just started using it on my iPad and I think it works better that way, more practical. I’ve hidden both captain and FO EFBs in the cockpit.

One question: is it “safe” to use Toolbar Pushback? Read about some performance issues using this. Their pre-planned pushback is excellent, and it’s just not very practical to manually pushback switching between external and internal views whilst trying to at the same time monitor engine startup…

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

5 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

is it “safe” to use Toolbar Pushback?

Not from what I heard. I don't use it for exactly that reason.

34 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

Flew it after the update. This Airbus is magnificent. I've flown FSLabs ( and asked for the refund after the 'scandal'), Aerosofts Airbus series, under FSX and P3D. This plane is the capstone. It is a pleasure with the EFB and FMS, graphics, performance and I have been flying this exclusively even though I had just bought PMDG's 737 700! Lol. The app implementing the liveries is great. Just an all around pleasure.

OK Million Dollar question lol

Which do you prefer the Fenix A320 or PMDG 737? I am sitting on the fence, I love the FBW A320 (It is my go to airliner) and really love the look and complexity of the Fenix A320 but I miss a 737. I will probably end up with both I just cannot decide which will make it into my hanger first.

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

25 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Do you use Simbrief to generate your flight plans then take them through the EFB to the MCDU via its 'Init' key?

T45

Been working on that all day. This is the most difficult MSDU I have ever seen. All I see is Discontinuities and a way point here and there. Crazy....I am finally giving up with flight plans and the MCDU, and just flying around like it was a GA aircraft,,,,LOL

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Been working on that all day. This is the most difficult MSDU I have ever seen. All I see is Discontinuities and a way point here and there. Crazy....

I really do think you should watch some videos of how to set this up - The MCDU is not that difficult once you have done it once or twice or used to other other A320s.

• Like 10

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

5 minutes ago, RJC68 said:

OK Million Dollar question lol

Which do you prefer the Fenix A320 or PMDG 737? I am sitting on the fence, I love the FBW A320 (It is my go to airliner) and really love the look and complexity of the Fenix A320 but I miss a 737. I will probably end up with both I just cannot decide which will make it into my hanger first.

I absolutely love them both.  I do think the Fenix A320 has better ground operations (more automated and convenient) and the EFB is awesome.  This is a big win over the PMDG 737.  But I love the PMDG 737 and they are both a must have for me.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

You pull your route in through the MCDU.  On the INIT page, hit the Init Request on the right and it will load in.  You will still have to enter your Flt #, Cost Index, Alt and add your SIDS/STARS but it pulls the rest of it in.  You can also hit 'Winds' and it will pull in the winds for your route.

Edited by Flic1
  • Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Just now, Zangoose said:

I really do think you should watch some videos of how to set this up - The MCDU is not that difficult once you have done it once or twice or used to other other A320s.

I have waitched at least 8 hours of videos. I just watched one by a A 320 pilot, followed exactly what he did, and it still didn't work. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

I have waitched at least 8 hours of videos. I just watched one by a A 320 pilot, followed exactly what he did, and it still didn't work. 

Then you have something seriously wrong on your end or it is indeed user error. I've not seen any issues like you are reporting.

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

2 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

You pull your route in through the MCDU.  On the INIT page, hit the Imit Request on the right and it will load in.  You will still have to enter your Flt #, Cost Index, Alt and add your SIDS/STARS but it pulls the rest of it in.  You can also hit 'Winds' and it will pull in the winds for your route.

Do you have to use a Sid and Star on each plan? When you load a plan do the engines have to be off, is another question. 

Edited by Bobsk8

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Been working on that all day. This is the most difficult MSDU I have ever seen. All I see is Discontinuities and a way point here and there. Crazy....

I'm about to go back & reacquaint myself with the BAE 146.

I think I had more hair left after flying that.

So far the A320 has been disappointingly difficult to master.

T45

• Like 1