Sign in to follow this  
The Flight Level

Wishful Thinking for More Business Jets

Just watched this new ad for the Bombardier Global 8000! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmAraYcp7ww

Oh, I wish there was a bigger pool of business jets! Not much in the works either. I guess there is just not enough interest or demand in the MSFS  platform at this stage.

• Like 9

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Beautiful Sunset Flight Over Burlington, Ontario + Cool Instrumental + GoPro Aerial Cameras | 4K

• Like 2

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I do find it odd how they've traditionally not been as popular as airliners in flight sims.  I mean a lot of them are like mini airliners except you can take them almost anywhere you want and still be simming realistically.  Maybe a lot of us find airliners more interesting as we've been on them and can better relate to flying on one?

At least right now we have a quite good mod for one and the Honda Jet coming, but I agree it would be great to see more.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, Doering said:

Just watched this new ad for the Bombardier Global 8000! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmAraYcp7ww

Oh, I wish there was a bigger pool of business jets! Not much in the works either. I guess there is just not enough interest or demand in the MSFS  platform at this stage.

I agree on all but one point, demand.  The reason many of us bought the PMDG 737 was for the BBJ.  A long range corporate jet.  The dilemma in FS is AI is still screwed up so simulating the airliner environment where you would fly into airports with realistic AI at the terminals is not there yet.  I halfway was hoping AI would get addressed first before we started seeing detailed airliners.  The cart came before the horse in this case which is the reason I haven't really been flying my new Fenix A320.  I've been flying the heck out the BBJ though.  So demand is there it's just developers need to realize that.  The small jets are cool but we need more options that'll get us across the pond.😏

• Like 3

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

28 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I do find it odd how they've traditionally not been as popular as airliners in flight sims.  I mean a lot of them are like mini airliners except you can take them almost anywhere you want and still be simming realistically.  Maybe a lot of us find airliners more interesting as we've been on them and can better relate to flying on one?

At least right now we have a quite good mod for one and the Honda Jet coming, but I agree it would be great to see more.

From what I read a long time ago, the business jet companies don’t work well with flight sim companies when it comes to providing data and permissions etc etc…. Is that changing? Not sure, but yeah was for legal reasons from what I’ve gathered. 

Edited by Ridvan Celik
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Why make the Mustang? Why not the M2?

• Like 1

Tom

8 hours ago, tjrush said:

Why make the Mustang? Why not the M2?

Because that's what the developer wants and has access to in the real world.  We're along for the ride for much of this.  It's totally up to access and love of the aircraft from the creator.

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Small bizjets are neat but I'd love a Global or Falcon 8x etc - something long range and a lot quicker than a CJ4 etc.  Maybe it's just me but the Mustang looks "meh" and is pretty "meh" irl.  It's a very slow jet.  The M2 was a good improvement - but we already have a really nice CJ4.  And the WT CJ is getting a huge update soon-ish.  With the Hondajet (errrr HJet) and the Cirrus Jet coming soon, the small bizjet market is pretty much cornered.

There is an exception to small does not equal fast - the Falcon 20/200.  MMO of .86 and that bird is beautiful.  It could totally be done with older avionics (a GTN retrofit isn't out of the question).

Anyway, hoping a long range bizjet comes someday.

• Like 5

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I have a very soft spot for 80's/ 90's bizjets.

Like the Gulstream IV (Honeywell SPZ), Falcon 2000 (Proline 4) & Hawker 400XP (also Proline 4).

I passed on the magnificent Challenger 805 for X-plane simply because it had too fancy avionics. I like the older style with bulky CRTs 😶

• Upvote 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

I just read an article this morning about the Global 7500 breaking the sound barrier on a test flight and I think the 8000 is slated to cruise just below the speed of sound.  Who wouldn’t want to fly one of those?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I know it's just a "pipe dream" but wouldn't it be wonderful to see >>>  "Rising from the Ashes of MS FSX", comes Eaglesoft Development Group ready, willing and able to take on projects like the Citation X, Dassault Falcon, Bombardier Challenger, Global Express, etc ? <tongue firmly implanted within cheek>

Edited by vcarlo
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

WAT1460.png

16 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

I know it's just a "pipe dream" but wouldn't it be wonderful to see >>>  "Rising from the Ashes of MS FSX", comes Eaglesoft Development Group ready, willing and able to take on projects like the Citation X, Dassault Falcon, Bombardier Challenger, Global Express, etc ? <tongue firmly implanted within cheek>

My doorbell just rung....it's Kylie Jenner.....dreams do come true!!!

10 hours ago, Dillon said:

The reason many of us bought the PMDG 737 was for the BBJ.

I won't be buying until PMDG makes major improvements  and provides a state-of-the-art EFB, upgrades the textures, fully modeled interior that's actually part of the interior, etc. 

Let's be honest, as of right now, the state of the flightsim biz jets is not very good. Almost two years after the release of MSFS 2020 you're pretty much still "stuck" with the CJ4 and the Longitude. 

Both jets have great mods, but I want a little more variety. Also the constant drum beat of "coming soon!!" "the wait is almost over!!" and all these previews of bizjets that may or may not ever see the light ot day is getting a little long in the tooth. 

With the decline and death of Eaglesoft the biz jet market pretty much went down with them. 

• Like 1

I'd like to see Xtreme Prototypes redo their Lear 25 for MSFS. I got a lot of mileage out of it in P3D and I really dug thd old-school instruments and 8 track. The modeling was really good in that bird. But it looks like Xtreme Prototypes is completely ignoring MSFS. 😔 

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

24 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

With the decline and death of Eaglesoft the biz jet market pretty much went down with them. 

To be fair Eaglesoft never released a fully long range option and the technology of their models was beginning to show their age.  Carenado is another option that has really good models but again no long range Business Jet options.

FS2020