Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

Pmdg update

Thanks for the heads up.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I'm waiting for the 737-800, but this looks very good right now. Well done Aerosoft for helping out with pop-up screens. I also rather like RSR's chatty and conversational style - he can be very amusing at times.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

1 hour ago, Paul K said:

I also rather like RSR's chatty and conversational style - he can be very amusing at times.

I agree and was going to post something similar. I don't understand why his posts attract so much criticism. It's makes things much more interesting.

• Like 6

David Porrett

I own the 737-700 and love it. Especially how small its performance impact is (looking at you Fenix 😉). 

If the EFB is really good, I might be tempted to buy the 800 and 900 too once they are available in a bundle. 

Edited by FlyerNYC
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, DavidP said:

I agree and was going to post something similar. I don't understand why his posts attract so much criticism. It's makes things much more interesting.

They attract criticism because it takes three to four paragraphs for him to admit that their "roadmap" is shot. It'll be three+ weeks after release without an update. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, FlyerNYC said:

I own the 737-700 and love it. Especially how small its performance impact is (looking at you Fenix 😉). 

If the EFB is really good, I might be tempted to buy the 800 and 900 too once they are available in a bundle. 

Performance on my Fenix is good, and it is a pleasure to fly. 

• Like 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Performance on my Fenix is good, and it is a pleasure to fly. 

I agree. That does not change the fact that the PMDG performs much better though.

Edited by FlyerNYC
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FlyerNYC said:

I agree. That does not change the fact that the PMDG performs much better.

Around 10% better on average, but the PMDG is also a somewhat simpler plane.

• Like 8

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

10 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

Exactly, I imagine that the C 172 performs better than the PMDG. BTW, anything performs better than my PMDG DC6. That is the last PMDG aircraft I will ever buy. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

9 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

Indeed , I will be getting all variants. Looking forward to some small flights in the -600 with SAS as EKCH-ESSA-ENGM-ENVA.

Also looking forward to CP flight drivers with better SDK from PMDG.

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

28 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

It'll be three+ weeks after release without an update

This indeed ^^. Admitting that he had some personal affairs is a human touch. But seeing how many updates Justflight for the 146 and Fenix for their 320 have released by then... Well, one can argue that there is not much in terms of crucial to fix with the 737. And I even tend to agree. While I am still used to turn left towards the EFB (from FBW, Fenix and 146 eg) I always end up in the 737 remembering like wait, right, not there yet. But beyond that the 737 performs just nice and flew me last night all the way from KSFO into sunset at KBOS

• Like 6

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

While I appreciate the update they have a tendency to wait to the last minute before making announcements. Many users were looking forward to a possible Thursday/Friday 737 update when clearly PMDG knew this wasn’t going to happen earlier in the week. You think they could have said something earlier. 

• Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Ah they're finally joining the big boys hey.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

“Lean” is how he describes his development team.

A less indulgent analysis might be that a small group of basically hobbyists discovered a way to monetise their amateur interests about 20 years ago; for ages, they’ve been ahead of the competition, who were also largely amateurs monetising their hobby; but to some extent they’ve traded on their reputation, without really making sure their product offering keeps pace with increasing professionalism and changes in the technology. What is more, it seems possible they have not made the investment needed to transition optimally to the new platform or hold on to pole position - and it’s slipping away from them.

This is not the first post by PMDG containing an admission that what they thought was an intractable problem with MSFS was actually just PMDG not having the in-house skills to use the new platform properly. It’s also an admission that their priority is to extract value from the “sunk cost” of what was coded by them ages ago, rather than refreshing from the ground up with new code.

It’s not irrational to pursue this policy, but it’s risky and possibly short-sighted, because of the danger of being leap-frogged by newcomers: a risk which , to my eyes, seems to be materialising .

PMDG planes have given me hours of fun over the years so I don’t speak out of malice: I want them to succeed - but they need to be called out on this by their friends: time is running out for them to get back on top of the pack. 

• Like 12
  • Upvote 6