Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

Pmdg update

The short version.

"The weather climate changed to nice, so I took my plane up to the lake and went fishing for a couple of days. I'll get on that update right after I filet these suckers."

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

I could resist to buy the 700, waiting for 600 and 800 a good short/long combination. The 747 I can skip have the Aerowinx PSX running in MSFS, then the Tripple, also waiting for TFDI MD11, long time no hear from them. Maybe FSL can help out since Lefteris has left the PMDG building with Bill Grabowskis excellent MD11 in his suitcase many years before, who knows. And maybe sometimes a 787 is comming around the corner... all this with fun for years.
A happy simmer.

Ralf Andreas

3 hours ago, FlyerNYC said:

I own the 737-700 and love it. Especially how small its performance impact is (looking at you Fenix 😉)

A little unfair I feel.  I personally have the same smooth flight in The Fenix as I do in any aircraft.

• Like 6

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

7 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

A little unfair I feel.  I personally have the same smooth flight in The Fenix as I do in any aircraft.

Then you're the exception, rather than the rule. It's not unfair to point out that PMDG has better perf than Fenix on most systems. 

• Like 4

I never understand some people and their perspective. PMDG and other developers keep this small hobby of ours alive and thriving - without third party developers working hard to bring these new add ons to life, our little hobby is done. Complain all you want but my attitude is appreciative of their efforts to keep things moving forward. You don’t like them? Fine don’t buy it but don’t complain and insult people that are making a difference in this hobby? What the hell are you doing to help this hobby? Rant over. 

• Like 19
  • Upvote 3

Fort Lauderdale Executive (FXE) - PPL ASEL

i9 12900k @ 5.2 - 32 GB DDR5 @ 6000 - 3080TI - W11

1 hour ago, Dyno152 said:

I never understand some people and their perspective. PMDG and other developers keep this small hobby of ours alive and thriving - without third party developers working hard to bring these new add ons to life, our little hobby is done. Complain all you want but my attitude is appreciative of their efforts to keep things moving forward. You don’t like them? Fine don’t buy it but don’t complain and insult people that are making a difference in this hobby? What the hell are you doing to help this hobby? Rant over. 

Very well said, Mike.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

The EFB should have been part of the release. PMDG clearly dropped the ball on this one. Simple as that. No need for pages and pages of explanatory prose. Low rez textures, wonky simbrief integration - PMDG seems to be stil be dreaming in "P3D".

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

so i watch real 737 and a320 driver's yt vids on flying the pmdg737 and hear how they like the model and focus on fly from point a to point b, and then come over to avsim and it's all nitpicking and pontificating on what pmdg should have done this or that about the efb or the textures.  with the near-simultaneous release of the maddog, 737, and a320, you'd think this is the golden age of tubeliner sim on such a revolutionary platform, but no, in typical avsim fashion it's about RSR this or that or outrage on the (forthcoming) efb.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

3 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Me too, just more or less perfect in the Fenix ( around like the PMDG 737 )

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

EFB is more welcome feature. I temporarily shelf 737 because I got spoiled by Fenix LOL

• Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

6 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Exactly, I imagine that the C 172 performs better than the PMDG. BTW, anything performs better than my PMDG DC6. That is the last PMDG aircraft I will ever buy. 

Naw my dude I need that 777 and maybe the Max.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dyno152 said:

What the hell are you doing to help this hobby? 

Buying products perhaps that we choose to. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Looking forward to the updates, especially the EFB and better SimBrief integration. Until then, I gotta say I'm loving the 737 and even more impressed if such a quality product comes from such a "lean" dev team. I had spent most of my time flying the FBW A320 but since purchased, it's been all PMDG 737, and most of it in VR. The in-cockpit visuals with VR (Reverb G2) are crisp, fluid, immersive, and really provide you a true sense of scale.

I'll be giving PMDG a good look on their future products.

• Like 5

It's strange how "advanced" the 737 felt for the two weeks it was the only study level airplane - right now with the Fenix it feels a bit "downgraded" returning to the 737 without the EFB, CPDLC, metars, ATIS, simbrief integration... that was certainly a short honeymoon! (I still love the 737 and will fly it often, it's more my kind of mix between computerization and manual flying, the A320 is too automatic for my kind of taste).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

EFB is more welcome feature. I temporarily shelf 737 because I got spoiled by Fenix LOL

I agree with this.  I waited for all of these airliners to be released before making a purchase decision.  All of them look amazing and I haven't watched or read anything bad about any of them.  I went for the Fenix because it appeared to be the most complete package - especially as the PMDG didn't have an EFB.

The second one I purchased was the Just Flight BAe 146 because I also wanted to experience a more retro airliner and something for smaller hops.

If the PMDG had released with an EFB it would have been a harder choice between the two. As it stands I will only go for the PMDG 737 if it at least matches the EFB on the Fenix.  I do like the idea of flying the Boeing way as well as the Airbus way, but it will have to at least match the Fenix A320 in features.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home